The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfect Cents by Cosmo Solano (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Anyone see this? Looks good.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11679

You ask someone to name a number: up to 100. You immediately show your hands empty and reach into your pocket.

Everything is pulled out, and every coin is placed into their hands.

Your pocket is shown to be empty - it’s that fair. They slowly count the coins to find the number they named is the EXACT amount of change in your pocket. To the penny.

A perfect match, every time.
Developed over 10 years by Cosmo Solano, Perfect Cents gives you the ability to make a perfect prediction using virtually ANY currency. The amount they name is the exact amount pulled from your pocket: there are no awkward movements whatsoever. In the simple motion of going into your pocket, you have the exact amount of change. A perfect, pocket-sized miracle.

You won't leave home without it.
Perfect Cents comes with a precisely engineered, custom-made gimmick that resets in seconds. Unlike other systems out there, the gimmick works with coins from ANY currency. Also included is 27 minutes of expert instruction with the creator himself, Cosmo Solano. Everything you need to know is covered so you can start practicing and performing immediately. In stock and ready to ship.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you can pull your pocket out so it's shown empty, could do this with a coin pouch?
I've asked to be banned
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Pocket can be shown empty, and it is soooo much faster than pouch ever could be.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, I just like the natural isolation of a pouch that's all...
I've asked to be banned
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
What’s different to Exact Change?
adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
What’s different to Exact Change?

Penguin says it's faster. And it works with any currency, they say.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

This was in the email:

You may think this sounds familiar. Greg Wilson created a trick called Exact Change a few years back that did a similar effect. Here's how this is different:

1. There's nothing to ditch. Everything in this trick is in full view of your audience.

2. More coins. This makes the trick feel more impossible to me. In the spectator's mind, it's hard to imagine how you'd quickly fumble with 15+ coins so cleanly. You really just reach into your pocket and pull out all the change.

3. Faster. The "method" portion of the trick takes way less time with "Perfect Cents" due to the brilliantly designed device. It really does look like you're just reaching into your pocket and pulling out a handful of ALL the change in there.

You can take a look at the video to form your own opinion, but I think you'll be impressed. Well worth the price, this is a practical method you can do at a gig or just casually.
http://penguinmagic.com/p/11679
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
The effect was mentioned here in 2017.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Months ago... I bought two copies of Perfect Cents - one for each pocket...

I thought the Greg Wilson 'version' was a copy of Cosmo's - it was at a time when a lot of Greg's releases were similar to other releases. I believe it got a bit nasty and Cosmos was put off releasing stuff for a while.

But I'm sure those around at the time know more about this then me
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
How can this be for any currency? We don't have pennies anymore in Canada. I guess that you will have to round up numbers like 78 or 56. That would change the odds to one in twenty. Plus he says that the number should be a highish, "complicated" one. That would narrow the field down even more. Still a good trick. Has anyone tried this. Please review. Thanks
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I bought this when first released by Cosmo a couple years ago. I like it a lot.
It’s my understanding that Cosmo's original version (put out years ago) came before Greg Wilson’s Exact Change.

I love the effect and I owned Exact Change but sold it. I just never felt comfortable with it. It took me too long to sort the coins and I could never get it quiet enough.
Greg's was a repurposed device while Cosmo's is custom made (3D printed).

Cosmo has some really great ideas on how to use this and has combined a superior method along with some subtleties that make this much better than Exact Change IMO.

If it means anything, I misplaced mine a couple months ago and was ready to immediately order a replacement and then my original one turned up. So yeah, I’m a big fan of it.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So this is the same item he put out a few years ago? or has it been improved?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I got it at the end of 2017

That was on Cosmos TrickStarter thing

Even then the first batch off TS and the later ones were a little different [mostly if not 100% cosmetic]
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I see that [on the FB group] Cosmos said this:

Cosmo Solano: Its all the exact same information, nothing new or different

So the video and gimmick are the same
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Duster appreciated
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
I have both EC and PC. My biggest problem with EC is that it takes one pocket entirely so I ended up not carrying it most of the time. This type of effect is perfect for casual environments, so it defeats the purpose (kind of). I have performed it at corporate events and it still kills, but it's only a few times a year. PC should have been the solution: it is honestly better, even if I don't ditch the EC gimmick but instead I keep it hidden more or less as the PC one. My problem with PC is that it still takes one entire pocket, as it is in the way. Skinny jeans are not good for this trick... but I have a security pin attached to all my chinos Smile To everyone asking, YES! PC works with all currencies (tested with Euro and UK coins and works like a charm). EC needs a €20 modification (on top of the original price) to work with Euro/GBP. So PC is a winner on price as well. And honestly, I have made a couple of spare EC gimmicks at the time for pennies, once you know where to source the right coin holder.
adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, 453rob wrote:
How can this be for any currency? We don't have pennies anymore in Canada. I guess that you will have to round up numbers like 78 or 56. That would change the odds to one in twenty. Plus he says that the number should be a highish, "complicated" one. That would narrow the field down even more.

Same question for Swiss Francs. However, it should be easy to just change the routine: Instead of a number between 1 and 100, go for a price tag between 0.10 and 3.00, or some such.
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Can this be used in any pocket? Can it be in a coat pocket instead, or as asked above, inside a coin purse or bag? Also can anyone attest to the speed of getting the coins out/ease of learning to use the gimmick?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I so badly want to tip my handling of Greg's "Exact Change" because once you see me doing it, you probably won't opt for any other method. It was an accidental discovery and it's crazy good. The problem is that I want to show it to Greg first out of courtesy, but he's always so busy globe trotting around the world lecturing etc. I've owned all of these devices including both versions of Cosmo's, which BTW are also good.

The biggest advantage of Cosmo's over Greg's is that there is less fumbling...it's quick and efficient...reach into the pocket and grab the change (plus more coins). However, you'll need to practice the 'release' to get the finger placement down smoothly. Also, if you are performing this feat in front of a camera then I would definitely choose Cosmos because it's the cleanest with a camera burning your movements (less finger movement). My handling only works with Greg's, but it's very practical and highly deceptive. You can literally grab the gimmick and perform it with no set-up (no safety pins to attach etc). I have fooled every person that I have shown my handling to including knowledgeable magicians. Perhaps I'll eventually hear from Greg.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

So there's a Facebook group for owners? Does that include those that got it this go-around? I'd like to see the ideas and tips people have come up with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfect Cents by Cosmo Solano (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL