The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need your help pricing Jones' Magick for sale! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Collectors and mentalists, I need your help. I am considering selling what I have of Bascom Jones' Magick and am looking for the current market value, so I can determine what is a fair price to charge. Condition: near new.

Here is what I have: Issues 313 through 496 with bonus inserts, sales sheets and indexes, to include the index for issues 469-496 prepared and distributed by Lee Earle to subscribers to his Syzergy.

Additional items that will be sold with the package are the Bonus Insert announcing the passing of Jones, Issue 497 (blank), a short signed letter from Jones to me when I started my subscription and the letter from JoAnn Jones to subscribers, dated June 23, 1994.

Your help in this matter is sincerely appreciated.

Once I get a pricing, I will be selling the package in the books for sale forum of the Café.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Lee...

Recently a file comprised of issues #365 to #496 plus the memorial #497 went for $325. On average a file comprised of one year's issues usually sells on ebay for between $35 and $50, depending on the year and rarity. Considering that your file contains 52 more issues (roughly 2.5 years extra) then the above referenced file and including the extra Ephemera that you are providing I'd say that pricing it at between $400 and $450 would be about right.

Hope this helps.

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Thanks Tony. That is a big help. Lee
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Lee,

I have bought stacks of issues for as low as $1.50 - $3.00 an issue. The high prices are sometimes there and more often not. The rarer issues are the early years.

Best

Julian Kestrel
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Thanks, Julian.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need your help pricing Jones' Magick for sale! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL