The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Glue Guide for Plastics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docguitarman
View Profile
Elite user
Thousand Oaks, California
470 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I've been researching glues for securing inserts in plastic items. I lucked upon this online guide.

http://www.thebestglueforplastic.com/A-G......stic.pdf

It appears that Amazing Goop Automotive adhesive is the "go to" glue for plastics. It will bond polyethylene and polycarbonate plastics, glass and metal among others. It is clear and stated to be waterproof!

Phil
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1712 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I've never had a problem with E6000 yet did not see it listed.
docguitarman
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Thanks Wravyn,

Have you used it on PETE (polyethylene)? That seems to be the one plastic that can be difficult.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1712 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
It is not recommended for polyethylene or polypropylene. Had I understood that's what you were wanting to use it with, I would not have brought it up. My apologies.
docguitarman
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
No problem Wrayvn. I mentioned the Amazing Goop as it had a check-mark for PC and PETE plastics! I just bought a tube of the Goop at Pep Boy's and have glued a polyethylene insert (part of a coke bottle) to a PC (polycarbonate) exterior container. It also claims to be water proof -- so it met all of the requirements. I'll know in 24 hours if its a success!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Glue Guide for Plastics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL