The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Quick question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Would you say...you're a beginner in mentalism if you have never read 13 Steps to Mentalism? What are people's thoughts?
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Perhaps 13 Steps is a great place to start, but not THE ONLY way to start, in my most humble opinion... But who am I? I did start with 13 Steps...
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
Not really. There are plenty of other definitive mentalist works, and most of Corinda's work is covered, probably more modernized, in other manuscripts.

Who said Corinda is some sacred text?
Darko Dojin
View Profile
Regular user
DGAF
163 Posts

Profile of Darko Dojin
I have browsed 13 Steps but never owned a copy nor read it cover to cover yet I do not consider myself a beginner in mentalism by any stretch of the imagination. I cut my teeth on Annemann, Cassidy and Fulves and I do think all of the principles are covered in other works. Corinda is just a convenient and tidy collation which is easily obtainable.
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
Here is what Lee Earle has to say about it. You might find this interesting.

Tom
Darko Dojin
View Profile
Regular user
DGAF
163 Posts

Profile of Darko Dojin
Lee says it all in his own inimitable way...
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
All the magicians I know advised reading 13 Steps when I started in mentalism. After re-reading many parts of 13 Steps and Annamen's book over the past couple years I'm amazed at how many "new" effects on the market are taken from the concepts of those two books. I keep going back to 13 Steps.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Quick question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL