The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Death in the Family (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rkp
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of rkp
Is anyone familiar with what the spectator is observing or visually witnessing during the performance of this effect? Storyline looks fascinating!

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/products/death-in-the-family
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
The photomorphic plates capture images of the spirits thoughts, not images of the spirit. The developed images are used in an attempt to interpret the what happened to Tilly. This performance routine is very much more about the story and the seance to contact Tilly than it is about effect. Highly recommended.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1168 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
This is true, and even though story is definitely king in this routine, the effect is excellent and deceptive. Based on a classic method, simple to do so you can focus on presentation.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17337 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Everything looks AWESOME ... But a quick google search of Miss Tilly Harte brings you straight to Death in the family .... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
scottishpiper51
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottishpiper51
Is it necessary to use “Miss Tilly Harte”? Or could a performer change up the story?
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
The only direct reference (that I'm aware of) to Tilly is a newspaper article about her funeral. If you decided you didn't need that, I suspect you could change the name of the spirit.
rkp
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of rkp
The ad states that the images "appear to be developing in the spectators hands". Do the images on the cards appear to be obscure at first glance and provide reveals through closer observations or is there some other change occurring? Also, Do you have to have more than one spectator? Thanks so much for the help!
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
It might be best to ask Chris that question rather than in an open forum.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
934 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Hi everyone,
I added the page to google's no index, so that page will be hidden in the future.

As for the effect, you can email me for details, but this one is best performed in near darkness with just a simple candle. There are no electronics or special inks or anything of the kind. Just a classic effect wrapped in a wonderful story and presentation.

If you need more details, email me at vic@geminiartifacts.com
ManxBull
View Profile
New user
Isle of Man
85 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
I just received this today. It only seems to come into stock in ones and twos occasionally. It's well worth watching out for. It's a masterpiece of storytelling magic, but part of that mastery lies in the fact that the story is so malleable. It can shift and flow depending upon what your audience reads into the half-formed, half-imagined images. Get them wondering, talking and speculating and they'll create their own story! This is the real beauty and potential of this piece, and I can't wait to perform it under the right conditions. The actual effect involves more than one reveal and is very strong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Death in the Family (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL