The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » A Tangled Web by Eric Mead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

diamondjack
View Profile
New user
orlando,fl
58 Posts

Profile of diamondjack
On Eric Meads website it says that A Tangled Web is in its fourth printing currently. Is it coming back in print? I would love to get a copy. Does anyone know when this will happen?
htchan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of htchan
I emailed Eric and he told me that info was out-of-date. So 4th printing already happened. Sorry.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6078 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, diamondjack wrote:
On Eric Meads website it says that A Tangled Web is in its fourth printing currently. Is it coming back in print? I would love to get a copy. Does anyone know when this will happen?

There are always copies available. The book is quite easily attainable.
Wordsworth
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
You do see these one come up for sale quite often. Back around December someone put one up at a decent price, and I emailed saying I would buy it. It was someone on the Café who I've chatted with about books in the past. He responded to me saying something like, "To be honest, this book is overrated and overpriced, and you can do better". It made me laugh, that he offered to sell, and I offered to buy, and he wound up talking me out of it. I don't say that to cast doubt on the value of the book (I still haven't read it). But it was funny. If anyone has a different perspective on the book, please share. I've still got this on my watch list, and as noted, there is always interest in the book.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, Wordsworth wrote:
You do see these one come up for sale quite often. Back around December someone put one up at a decent price, and I emailed saying I would buy it. It was someone on the Café who I've chatted with about books in the past. He responded to me saying something like, "To be honest, this book is overrated and overpriced, and you can do better". It made me laugh, that he offered to sell, and I offered to buy, and he wound up talking me out of it. I don't say that to cast doubt on the value of the book (I still haven't read it). But it was funny. If anyone has a different perspective on the book, please share. I've still got this on my watch list, and as noted, there is always interest in the book.

It's an incredible book. Incisive essays and wonderful material. Mead is a master at cutting through the BS. In magic — which is mostly BS — that's an invaluable trait.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Just curious: Why the sudden upsurge in interest lately?

Is somebody currently recommending Tangled Web in their lectures?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » A Tangled Web by Eric Mead (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL