The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
dmoriarty1
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, snm wrote:
I would also like a longer delay option.

Also needs to be able to be used as a regular lighter.

Does it turn itself off? Can the flame go out on it's own?

I would like a remote option instead of the timer. I could use the lighter in a talk about tobacco usage or something and lay it on the table and later from across the room, when I summon the spirit, the lighter lights. Cool spirit lamp. I would age mine to look old, since most people do not carry Zippos anymore it would make a great piece found in the remains of a mysteriously burned building. But alas, only 10 sec so that's done with.

I agree. When I first heard of this, I thought it was remote-operated (like my cheesy candle that I described in a previous post). I was a little put off by the button--much more now with all the reviews. That said, I still may purchase this before my big Halloween show. Smile

D.
jeffgiraldo
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jeffgiraldo
I had to return the lighter the first time because the on/off switch fell right off the first time I tried to switch it on. I returned it. I just received the second lighter in the mail, hoping that it would work because I am excited about this effect. However, when I went to switch it on, the same exact thing happened, the on/off switch just fell off like butter. I have countless effects that require turning them on and off and that have electronic subtleties. I know how to handle magic products. I am returning this product and just going to get a refund. What is the point of rolling the dice three times?
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ Ugh...this just happened to me on my replacement unit. Went to turn it on and the switch disintegrated. And I was handling it delicately too.

So bummed. I really liked this effect. Really thought the tech was very clever. When it works, it is awesome. But sadly, after going thru two units, the quality just doesn't hold up.

I'm returning it this time for good.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
20 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
So here is a stupid question...how do you fill this with lighter fluid? The instructions talk about pouring the fluid in a hole. I didn’t see a hole. Don’t you just soak the material that is inside the lighter? I admit it has been decades since I last used a zippo. Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ yup. Soak the material. There was no hole in mine either (both the original and replacement).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL