The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » A framework to find and fill the gaps in Your business plan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
This is the OGSM model. I didn’t come up with it, but it is very effective for small businesses and those with limited resources.

First point to answer is the objective. Think of this as your mission statement and value proposition combined. I will give you an example
From a nonprofit I consulted for. I had them fill in the following blanks:
I help...
With...
By....

They answered:
<name withheld> helps at risk and homeless individuals in the metro area
with preserving human dignity
By providing food, shelter, and basic toiletries

Once you have created your Objective, we can go towards the G or goal.
Here we use numbers to quantify the goals. So using the non profits objective
They have 3 targets that each need a goal 1 food 2 shelter 3 basic toiletries.
They could say they would provide food for x amount of people or increase shelter space by x% etc.
But the main point is to have a quantifiable goal for each solution provided by the objective.

After quantifying the goal we can turn our attention to S or strategized. These are your plans or methods employed
To achieve each of the goals. If your goal was to increase bookings then here you would list your strategy to do so.
Additionally, you can have more than 1 strategy to achieve each goal. So using the increase bookings example, 1 could be
Web acquired clients and another could be print or media ads. But at a minimum each goal needs atleast 1 strategy’.

Finally the M or measure, this is point is to track each strategies effectiveness and contribution to the goal. That way you may
Look at it objectively and see if it is worth the effort to continue pursuing this strategy.

That’s the model in a nutshell, now for you to evaluate your own business plan and find gaps to fill
Take your current business model and drop it in and see if it hits all the marks. If it does good job. If it doesn’t just fill in the gaps

Some people find this model easier to work with than other business plan frameworks, and for that I say if it’s easier or more intuitive for you than use it, if it’s not don’t.

Good luck and best of success for you all.
Walter
AndreJ
View Profile
New user
Sweden/@andrewestberg
90 Posts

Profile of AndreJ
Good post! I would add to it that the narrower you can be in the objective, the better.

"I help PEOPLE with HAVING FUN by DOING MAGIC" is not as good as "I help wedding couples in New York with making everlasting memories on their special day by providing exceptional card magic"

Better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond.
Want more leads to your magic business? Get a free Lead Generation System at www.gigfunnels.com

Get honest reviews of magic and mentalism at www.gigfunnels.com/reviews/

My background: Loved magic for 25 years, always wanted to do paid gigs but never had the courage. Faced my fears some years ago and now perform regularly. Would love to help you get there too!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19405 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Problem with a small pond is the first word.

Also if you want to be the fish in the equation go right ahead. Not my style hoping to be caught and all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » A framework to find and fill the gaps in Your business plan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL