The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Shop In Canada (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mxn
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Mxn
Hi I've been looking for magic shops in Canada around Southern Ontario area..
anyway can those Canadian Magician help me??
which magic shop do you use or would you use in Canada???
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
When I am in Toronto, I usually go to the Browser's Den

There is also Morrissey Magic

When I am in London, I like to go to McCulloch's They have a smaller magic section, but they also have one of the best assortment of costume and theatrical supplies.

If you are in Kingston. Go to Hardy Har Har He has a limited assortment, but he is a wonderful chap to visit. Great at balloon twisting and sculpture too.

Some of the better independent toy and hobby stores have magic sections, but they often get their supplies from one of the above places, so the costs are higher.

Have fun.

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
There are also Seams Like Magic in Kitchener-Waterloo, and Jesters in Fergus, just about a half-hour away.
Mxn
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Mxn
Thank you Peter and El Lamo for your replies..
good to see Canadian magician...
Anyway thanks again
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
193 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Also, note that I maintain a directory of Canadian magic shops at http://ca.geocities.com/dgcuff/. There's a map, too. Smile

P.S.: Jesters in Fergus, eh? Thanks for the tip, Mr Marucci!

Does anyone know if Tricky Ricky's shop in Wallaceburg, Ontario is still open? I've sent a couple of e-mails to them and had no response.

This is not related to southwestern Ontario, but does anyone know if the newly-opened magic shop in Broken Cue Billiard Supply in Nepean has a name?

Finally, I'd very much appreciate it if anyone who spots any outdated information on my Directory for Amateur Canadian Magicians would let me know.
Links to help Canadian magicians
http://magicinfo.ca/

Follow me on twitter
@magicinfo_ca
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Good work DG and nice of you to put up that site.

I've noticed that Gizmo's is not added to your list. It's located in Burnaby, B.C. (a suburb of Vancouver) I don't have the phone number at this moment but will try to remember to forward it on to you.

Chrystal
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
193 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Chrystal, thanks for the compliment! <beam>

Thanks also for confirming that Gizmoz actually sells magic. I've seen them listed under Clown Supplies, but have been trying to find someone who actually knows the shop. I'll be sure to add them the next time I update my site.

Follow me on twitter
@magicinfo_ca
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
While vacationing in Canada one year, I went to a Browsers Den location. They seem to be pretty decent..I would advise picking up a catalouge.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2004-05-16 23:14, Peter Marucci wrote:
There are also Seams Like Magic in Kitchener-Waterloo, and Jesters in Fergus, just about a half-hour away.

I need to be in Waterloo a couple of weeks from now for a 2-day meeting. Is "Seams Like Magic" nice enough to warrant my taking the time to visit? I'm staying at the Waterloo Inn, so at least it appears to be nearby.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
193 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Quote:
On 2004-05-18 12:23, balducci wrote:
Is "Seams Like Magic" nice enough to warrant my taking the time to visit? I'm staying at the Waterloo Inn, so at least it appears to be nearby.

Well, the people are nice enough to warrant a visit. The shop itself is quite small and, was, during my time in Waterloo, almost entirely given over to costumes and accessories. If you're mind-bogglingly busy, then you can give it a pass without too much regret.

However, if you have quarter of an hour to spare, you'll be close enough to drive, and if you're on foot, you probably only need half an hour. What else is one going to do with one's time if one is car-less and staying at the Waterloo Inn? Smile

(In theory, walk to the Conestoga Mall, I suppose, but really.)

Follow me on twitter
@magicinfo_ca
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I would also like to thank everyone! I am too from ontario and somtimes find it hard to see a magic shop near me. I am planing a trip to fergus so for when the hockey team I follow plays there. I was wondering does any one know of any magic shops around northbay or sudbury ontario???
stormchaser
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, AB
200 Posts

Profile of stormchaser
http://www.spookclub.com

The price are half the ones I get at my Brikns and Mortar magic shop, although, I still like it better because the owner always does demonstrations, and he's EXCELLENT at them. That magic shop is http://www.vanishingrabbit.com
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

A magician is an actor playing the part of a magician.

Don't run when no-one's chasing you.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I was wondering does any one know of any magic shops around northbay or sudbury ontario??? or any shows that are going to be going on up there this summer.
Thanks in advace.

Magically Yours
Magical Odyssey
vash
View Profile
New user
canada
15 Posts

Profile of vash
Tricky Ricky's closed mid 2005 I think he MIGHT have reopened somewhere else tho
The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Hi everyone!

I hope this link helps, http://www.windsormagiccircle116.homeste......nks.html

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi

I live in Waterloo, ON
Does anyone have an address or phone number to this Kind of Magic shop?
That would be great.

Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Shop In Canada (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL