The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cover Joke (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
I posted this in the comedy magic section and then realized it might be put to better use here:

I have a trick that goes like this--

I set a card down on the table and ask someone to name a card. They name a card, and I explain that since the probability that the card on the table is the card they named, I will find their card in the deck since it's probably not the one on the table. I search for it (spread cull) and then say I can't find it. See, at this point, I need a good joke to cover my TOP CHANGE. Or rather, at least HELP with my cover. Any ideas?
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi

What you probably need is more confidence in your top change, remember to work it on the off beat.

Preperation—out jog the top card, place other card on top of deck and then pause and ask a question, something that will throw them like, "Are you left or right handed?" As they answer ask them to hold out whichever hand they say, as they do that do the top change and then place the card face down on their hand.

HTH

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Paula,

I want to make sure I understand your directions for handling:

Since you've out jogged the top card AND place the "other card" on top of the deck, wouldn't you have one card positioned directly on top of the other? (Eexcept for the jog distance.)

From the way I read your directions, both cards are on top of the deck, being held by one hand. I add the "one hand" part because the in top changes I've seen done (and I'll admit I'm no expert) are done with the card to be changed out in the free hand and the card to be changed to on top of the deck.

Thanks in advance for allowing me to understand your directions.

BTW: I do like your use of the question to provide a "cover" for the move.

Thanks -
Ron
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Paula that's excellent advice!! The question left or right handed, excellent! I do prefer a strike second rather than the top change, but good stuff!
Self concept is destiny..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cover Joke (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL