The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How to Make Silver Clad Coin look Gold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3029 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is there a cheap easy way to make a clad coin (such as a quarter) look gold. Doesn't have to be perfect, I just don't want it to look amateurish (like by painting it).

Thanks for any advice.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Try gold leaf. you can make anything look like gold with it. They sell imitation gold leaf kits at hobby stores. The kits have the gold leaf adhesive and sealer.Its super easy and fun. If you want a perfect 24 carat gold you can get a book of the leaves in real gold very cheap online. For adhesive use Elmers spray adhesive. let it dry a minute until tacky and stick your leaf to it. Brush it out with a soft brush and re leaf any bare areas. You don't need a sealer. You can do a whole stack of quarters with a 20 leaf book. Have fun.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3029 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Awesome! Thanks for the info!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1061 Posts

Profile of imgic
A friend of mine was playing around with electroplating. He put gold on a quarter for me...not perfect, but good. Looks vintage. You can do it yourself with a kit, or check local jewelry stores
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How to Make Silver Clad Coin look Gold (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL