The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17~18~19 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5972 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2019, landmark wrote:
It is a *duty* to report war crimes. Those who cover them up with classification systems are still war criminals. Those who lie about the reasons for war--remember WMDs and yellowcake?--and send young men to die for those lies are criminals and murderers. No amount of hiding behind a wall of secrecy changes that. Whether you choose to open your eyes or close them, they are still criminals.

Now you've gone too far.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4683 Posts

Profile of landmark
What part of the post do you take issue with and why? Do you think it is not a duty to report war crimes?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5972 Posts

Profile of magicfish
We all know your underlying agenda. You wont acknowledge Assange's crimes because it suits your agenda. You ignore the world's most horrific atrocities day in and day out. You refuse to denounce ISIS. You refuse to condemn the butchery of innocents by machete, by car bombing, by suicide vest. You refuse to utter a word against the worst terror groups on earth. But you take joy in crying war crime and murder whenever discussing your own government. It is sickening.
You love Assange because he fuels your disdain for democracy and the free west.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15683 Posts

Profile of tommy
When the American war criminals are supporting the jihadi war criminals then whose side are you on?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5972 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Jihadi war criminals? Who?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4683 Posts

Profile of landmark
You're entitled to your opinion. But FWIW, every assumption and statement in your above posts about me are wrong.
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
133 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
Your supportive narrative conflicts with my supportive narrative... so clearly you are wrong...
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15683 Posts

Profile of tommy
Jihadi Jack, who else? He was captured in Syria and said he misses his mom and wants to come home.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26867 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Jihadi war criminals? Who?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world......371.html
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19491 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
Your supportive narrative conflicts with my supportive narrative... so clearly you are wrong...

Isn't this the heart and soul of this section?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
133 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
Your supportive narrative conflicts with my supportive narrative... so clearly you are wrong...

Isn't this the heart and soul of this section?



It has become the mantra for all social media...
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19491 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, magicfish wrote:
We all know your underlying agenda. You wont acknowledge Assange's crimes because it suits your agenda. You ignore the world's most horrific atrocities day in and day out. You refuse to denounce ISIS. You refuse to condemn the butchery of innocents by machete, by car bombing, by suicide vest. You refuse to utter a word against the worst terror groups on earth. But you take joy in crying war crime and murder whenever discussing your own government. It is sickening.
You love Assange because he fuels your disdain for democracy and the free west.


Well I must say this seems a bit harsh. I am not trying to be confrontational here so please do not take it as such. Jack certainly holds a different world view than I do and probably you also. I do think you are putting it is a very harsh light. I do not think he hates democracy or the free west. I just believe he has a different vision for it is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
133 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, magicfish wrote:
We all know your underlying agenda. You wont acknowledge Assange's crimes because it suits your agenda. You ignore the world's most horrific atrocities day in and day out. You refuse to denounce ISIS. You refuse to condemn the butchery of innocents by machete, by car bombing, by suicide vest. You refuse to utter a word against the worst terror groups on earth. But you take joy in crying war crime and murder whenever discussing your own government. It is sickening.
You love Assange because he fuels your disdain for democracy and the free west.


Well I must say this seems a bit harsh. I am not trying to be confrontational here so please do not take it as such. Jack certainly holds a different world view than I do and probably you also. I do think you are putting it is a very harsh light. I do not think he hates democracy or the free west. I just believe he has a different vision for it is all.


Years ago I had a co-worker tell our management team that I hated America... because I married a non-American. Luckily our immediate manager nipped it in the bud. I'm sure the fact that he was being reassigned for work violations (reported by me) had nothing to do with it. Smile

The emotions we assign to our words say more about ourselves than the person the words are directed at.
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15683 Posts

Profile of tommy
Do you mean magicfish loves Julian Assange?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5972 Posts

Profile of magicfish
To be clear, I never said anyone here hated anything or anyone.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19491 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess I misread "disdain" as hate. My bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15683 Posts

Profile of tommy
Not long ago atrocities in wartime were generally accepted as just, well, the nature of it. They still are in reality but don’t you think we going to get a bad name if we keep acting like Vlad the Impaler?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
431 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, tommy wrote:
Not long ago atrocities in wartime were generally accepted as just, well, the nature of it. They still are in reality but don’t you think we going to get a bad name if we keep acting like Vlad the Impaler?


Please define "not long ago"
Use the FORCE Luke.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26867 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How's 1929 (Geneva Convention) as a first guess?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
431 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
How's 1929 (Geneva Convention) as a first guess?


I am sure we are all aware of the Geneva Convention, The Nuremburg Trials etc., Which is why I take issue with the statement that wartime atrocities were acceptable until "not long ago"
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL