The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
So we hear.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
Too early to tell, I think. They've been saying this for a while.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes - which is why I said so we hear but they say within an hour or so.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5989 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, tommy wrote:
So we hear.

Good, may he be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and brought to justice for his horrific crimes.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
LOL
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5989 Posts

Profile of magicfish
?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I have no idea what anybody is talking about...
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, magicfish wrote:
horrific crimes

Yes, he murdered innocent civilians during the Iraq war for sport.

Oops, sorry. No he reported on those who did. Horrific. The crime of journalism.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
My nephew is a reporter, covering it there. He thinks he is coming out soon, he told my son, who just told me and there it is for what it’s worth.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, tommy wrote:
My nephew is a reporter, covering it there. He thinks he is coming out soon, he told my son, who just told me and there it is for what it’s worth.

Thanks, tommy. It will be a tragedy for journalism and set a terrible precedent. The DOJ had basically admitted that if Wikileaks is prosecuted, then any paper including the NY Times could be prosecuted for the same thing.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5989 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, landmark wrote:
Quote:
horrific crimes

Yes, he murdered innocent civilians during the Iraq war for sport.

Oops, sorry. No he reported on those who did. Horrific. The crime of journalism.

I didn't realize rape was journalism. Laugh all you want, I'll continue to call rape horrific for now thanks.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
Please. You know that's not what he is being accused of. There is not even a Swedish arrest warrant against him any more.

"Inquiry into three of the allegations dropped

On 12 August 2015, Swedish prosecutors announced that, as the statute of limitations for the less serious allegations had run out, and they had not succeeded in interviewing Assange, they would end part of their preliminary investigation. After 18 August 2015, Assange could no longer be charged for any of the three less serious charges. However, the preliminary investigation into the more serious allegation remained open as the statute of limitations for this charge was not expected to expire until 2020.[37] Swedish authorities interviewed Assange on this allegation in November 2016.[38]
Revocation of arrest warrant
On 19 May 2017, the Swedish chief prosecutor applied to the Stockholm District Court to rescind the arrest warrant for Julian Assange,[39] effectively ceasing their investigation against Julian Assange.[40]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assange_v_......uthority

The American grand jury case has nothing to do with such trumped up charges from another country. It has to do with what I posted in the link in my post above. The crime of journalism.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

OK had to look it up but...

On 19 May 2017, the Swedish prosecutors dropped their investigation into the rape accusation against Assange and applied to revoke the European arrest warrant.

For the rest of us that may be in the dark. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

Posted same time as Landmark.

My comment was directed to MagicFish
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think the rape allegations were dropped but perhaps you didn't realize he is innocent.

Likewise Smile

Tommy
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

Yep, an accusation is not a conviction.

Not a fan, but I dislike absolute labels...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19530 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OK I am posting against better judgement here. I think this might shock people, even Jack.

It is possible that the accusation was a way to get at him to bloody him up to get him to stop. Not unlike Al Capone. (NOT calling Julian a criminal like Capone, just comparing how they went after him.) Couldn't get him for what he was doing so they go after him other ways. Not a fan of this sort of thing.

I take no side in what he has done. Not a fan of it if pressed I probably would disagree. BUT I am even LESS a fan of oppressive regimes disguised as democratic nations colluding to go after a guy for being pretty good at what he does. IF this is what happened then it is sickening.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5989 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, landmark wrote:
Please. You know that's not what he is being accused of. There is not even a Swedish arrest warrant against him any more.

"Inquiry into three of the allegations dropped

On 12 August 2015, Swedish prosecutors announced that, as the statute of limitations for the less serious allegations had run out, and they had not succeeded in interviewing Assange, they would end part of their preliminary investigation. After 18 August 2015, Assange could no longer be charged for any of the three less serious charges. However, the preliminary investigation into the more serious allegation remained open as the statute of limitations for this charge was not expected to expire until 2020.[37] Swedish authorities interviewed Assange on this allegation in November 2016.[38]
Revocation of arrest warrant
On 19 May 2017, the Swedish chief prosecutor applied to the Stockholm District Court to rescind the arrest warrant for Julian Assange,[39] effectively ceasing their investigation against Julian Assange.[40]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assange_v_......uthority

The American grand jury case has nothing to do with such trumped up charges from another country. It has to do with what I posted in the link in my post above. The crime of journalism.

I believe her.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

Quote:

I believe her.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL