The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17~18~19 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On May 30, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Charging someone without evidence is a massive waste of money since it can never go to trial.
Agreed. But in practical reality that's a matter of opinion. If a judge can claim at the moment to believe there is likely to be sufficient grounds to prosecute they can sign a warrant... but thanks to the design of FISA, secrecy, arguments from plausibility, and politics those opinions may be more cynical than laudable.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5989 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 30, 2019, tommy wrote:
After a charge, there is usually a hearing to see if there is a case to answer before it goes to trial. I have faith in the justice system and I trust that Assange will win at the end of the day.

Fair comment.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

The latest moves in this game - removal from the Ecuadorian embassy and arrest by the U. K. to serve jail time (50 weeks) puts Assange between the UK and USA players as a marker held by the UK. He was re-arrested on behalf of the USA on a conspiracy charge but currently held on the bail matter. The move to make public comment about his poor health was also not a surprise.

At the end of the day, Ms. Manning is in jail again.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
His problem is that he has no faith in the system.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
After a charge, there is usually a hearing to see if there is a case to answer before it goes to trial. I have faith in the justice system and I trust that Assange will win at the end of the day.

You trust that Assange will win because he is innocent? He's clearly dirty as hell, holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy hiding from justice for years.
He's not being extradition fought-over by three countries just because he's an a-hole.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is not hard to see why Assange has been framed: his organization helped to expose a wide array of Deep State crimes, ranging from illegal gunrunning and war crimes to subversion and even perversion among elites. Reasonable juries take such things into account when deciding whether there is reasonable doubt.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
Quote:

You trust that Assange will win because he is innocent? He's clearly dirty as hell, holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy hiding from justice for years.
He's not being extradition fought-over by three countries just because he's an a-hole.

Holed up? He was an asylum seeking guest. Justice? Whose justice?

Dirty? Do you imagine he was brokering hacking resources? That's a different business. Here's a little info on that affair: https://wikileaks.org/vault7/#Protego

Kindly recall the fate of that reporter who got taken out of a hotel and dismembered.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
When the elite perverts pervert the course of justice to prosecute journalists for publishing their classified perversions, classify that and call it secret, then are we allowed to mention it in secret sessions may we ask?

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
Only after you publish at least 50 real news stories. Most journalists are stenographers for power.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cehh70jAl_8

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

For two weeks??? And they won't peek? Guess that's a hint that their third party consultants have two weeks to produce sufficient evidence to make a case?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
Mind-boggling. Authorities may tamper with evidence legally.

""I'm still staggered by the power of this warrant. It allows the AFP [Australian Federal Police] to 'add, copy, delete or alter' material in the ABC's {Australian Broadcasting Corporation] computers," tweeted John Lyons, executive editor of news and head of investigative journalism at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)....

The AFP said the warrant was "in relation to allegations of publishing classified material"

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......t=140#10
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15715 Posts

Profile of tommy
That takes me back.

Tommy
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
Actually, the warrant doesn't allow Australian Federal Police to tamper with evidence found on a target's computer; it allows AFP conducting clandestine hacking of a target's computer to alter certain code (data) in the target's computer to effectuate the hacking and hide their tracks (conceal their electronic footprint), to leave the target unawares that the warrant-sanctioned hacking is occurring. That is what the "add, copy, delete, or alter" language of the warrant pertains to (it tracks the language of the legislation that provides for it).

Not saying it's a good or bad provision of the pertinent legislation, just that it doesn't do what was implied (thank goodness).
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
to effectuate the hacking and hide their tracks (conceal their electronic footprint),

Then how does one know that data wasn't altered? It's basically a license to plant evidence.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

So let's say they installed "GoodGuy(tm)" spyware... and now interested hackers check the altered wiring, routers and computers to start reverse engineering the tools... ... a few months from now it's in the wild and source code starts showing up Smile

Here's some good news - check the guy's Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheLyonsDen
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19530 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2019, landmark wrote:
Quote:
to effectuate the hacking and hide their tracks (conceal their electronic footprint),

Then how does one know that data wasn't altered? It's basically a license to plant evidence.

Who are we to tell sorbet sovereign nation how to do things? I think your policy of minding our own business applies.

Also it sort of assumes wrong doing without proof. Another no no isn't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
I am not an Australian citizen (except by marriage). I obviously have no individual power to change Australian free speech policy; all I can do is say what I think is just and what I think is not just.

Australia is an ally (particularly when it comes to surveillance matters [see Five Eyes]), and supposedly a democracy. If there is no Australian and American domestic and worldwide outcry against such practices in that supposed democracy, then it paves the way to other supposed democracies to do the same. Fortunately, best I can tell, there has been an international response.

As to assuming wrong without proof-- I'm a bit surprised at your comment. You well know that that is exactly what our form of government is supposed to be designed to prevent: we assume there might be bad actors in the government, so we have checks, balances, and regulations to restrain possible abuses of power.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 6, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Who are we to tell sorbet sovereign nation how to do things?

? well we might not have installed any monarchies but our National Interests have had great influence with governments of other places for a while.

Cue the Tom Leherer song "Send the Marines".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19530 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, landmark wrote:
I am not an Australian citizen (except by marriage). I obviously have no individual power to change Australian free speech policy; all I can do is say what I think is just and what I think is not just.

Australia is an ally (particularly when it comes to surveillance matters [see Five Eyes]), and supposedly a democracy. If there is no Australian and American domestic and worldwide outcry against such practices in that supposed democracy, then it paves the way to other supposed democracies to do the same. Fortunately, best I can tell, there has been an international response.

As to assuming wrong without proof-- I'm a bit surprised at your comment. You well know that that is exactly what our form of government is supposed to be designed to prevent: we assume there might be bad actors in the government, so we have checks, balances, and regulations to restrain possible abuses of power.

So change what toy think needs changing and decry other things that are changed. Not so consistent as you usually are.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL