The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17~18~19 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
Historical note

The concept of war crimes is a recent one. Before World War II, it was generally accepted that the horrors of war were part of the nature of war, and recorded examples of war crimes go back to Greek and Roman times.

Before the twentieth century armies frequently behaved brutally to enemy soldiers and non-combatants alike - and whether there was any punishment for this depended on who eventually won the war.

Commanders and politicians usually escaped any punishment for their role in war - or, if they lost, were summarily executed or imprisoned.

There was no structured approach to dealing with 'war crimes' nor any general agreement that political and military leaders should take criminal responsibility for the acts of their states or their troops.

Attitudes changed during World War II when the murder of several million people - mainly Jews - by Nazi Germany, and the mistreatment of both civilians and prisoners of war by the Japanese, prompted the Allied powers to prosecute the people they believed to be the perpetrators of these crimes.

These trials provide the main precedents for cases being heard by tribunals in this century, among them the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/war/overview/crimes_1.shtml
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Equating espionage to presenting evidence of war crimes ... looks odd.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
451 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On May 13, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Correct. I'm also judging him on many different levels.

Assange has already been judged, by those more qualified (both academically and by virtue of having access to the evidence) via the Swedish legal system. A Swedish judge threw out the charges and Assange was acquitted, his reputation intact. One particularly telling piece of evidence in Assange's favour was a picture of him in a group photo with colleagues, this was 3 weeks after the alleged rape, and right there, next to Assange, all laughing and bubbly was the woman he is supposed to have raped.

These malicious charges have only been resurrected due to pressure from the Americans who don't like people who reveal their dirty secrets.

Assange volunteered to be interviewed by Swedish investigators at the Ecuadorean embassy but they refused, for some strange reason they would only interview him in Sweden (does this not speak volumes about the seriousness, or lack thereof, of the charges?). They wanted him in Sweden because if Assange had been stupid enough to comply he would have found himself extradited to the USA faster than you can say Hilary is a criminal.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/j......on-order

Do you think they're gonna put Assange vs Manning into a pie fight?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6077 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, art85y wrote:
Quote:

Assange has already been judged, by those more qualified (both academically and by virtue of having access to the evidence) via the Swedish legal system. A Swedish judge threw out the charges and Assange was acquitted, his reputation intact. One particularly telling piece of evidence in Assange's favour was a picture of him in a group photo with colleagues, this was 3 weeks after the alleged rape, and right there, next to Assange, all laughing and bubbly was the woman he is supposed to have raped.

These malicious charges have only been resurrected due to pressure from the Americans who don't like people who reveal their dirty secrets.

Assange volunteered to be interviewed by Swedish investigators at the Ecuadorean embassy but they refused, for some strange reason they would only interview him in Sweden (does this not speak volumes about the seriousness, or lack thereof, of the charges?). They wanted him in Sweden because if Assange had been stupid enough to comply he would have found himself extradited to the USA faster than you can say Hilary is a criminal.

Stupid enough to comply?
He didn't comply because he is hiding, , and Maneouvering, ducking us.
Turning oneself in to authorities isn't stupid, it's lawful.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, magicfish wrote:

History may disagree with you...
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
The American Court of Human Rights does not agree with him.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6077 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
Quote:

So might Wayne Adam Ford.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Yeah... he turned himself in because it was lawful...
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17393 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Equating espionage to presenting evidence of war crimes ... looks odd.

I agree ... That helicopter video is gruesome... 2 dead reporters...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
Quote:

Wise words.
Use the FORCE Luke.
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stupid enough to comply?

I see that you cherry which bits of my post to respond to, my points about the non-rape being totally ignored. This is a witch hunt, led by the Americans, nothing more.
Use the FORCE Luke.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6077 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:

Yeah... so would Assange..
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6077 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, art85y wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stupid enough to comply?

I see that you cherry which bits of my post to respond to, my points about the non-rape being totally ignored. This is a witch hunt, led by the Americans, nothing more.

Incorrect. Assange is suspected of committing serious crimes. The evidence is sufficient for the charge. Now he must be arrested to face trial.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6077 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:

Please cut and and paste where I said he turned himself in because it was lawful.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Quote:
On May 30, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Charging someone without evidence is a massive waste of money since it can never go to trial.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/14/oil-tank......ran.html

Not when such waste of money is also an objective.
Quote:
The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labour. War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking into the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent. Even when weapons of war are not actually destroyed, their manufacture is still a convenient way of expending labour power without producing anything that can be consumed.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/flyi......-of-oman
The second picture in the article showing water being sprayed onto a tanker might be reframed as an attempt to sink the tanker by flooding it... just saying.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
In the meantime, a former Icelandic minister has revealed that when he was in office the FBI had tried to frame Assange in Iceland and he had them thrown out of the country. Any evidence of that would taint the evidence against Assange. The USA regarded Wikileaks as an independent spy agency that had to be taken down by any means possible he said.

This sort of revelation, of course, destroys any trust in police evidence in the future and all convictions will now need to be reviewed.

Tommy
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2019, tommy wrote:
In the meantime, a former Icelandic minister has revealed that when he was in office the FBI had tried to frame Assange in Iceland and he had them thrown out of the country. Any evidence of that would taint the evidence against Assange. The USA regarded Wikileaks as an independent spy agency that had to be taken down by any means possible he said.

This sort of revelation, of course, destroys any trust in police evidence in the future and all convictions will now need to be reviewed.

Thanks for this info Tommy, I was not aware of this. More evidence that its an orchestrated, American led, witch hunt.
Use the FORCE Luke.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am sorry, I forget the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmPQY7cXOIg

Well, yes but I think there has been an international war on journalism that has been going on for some time.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL