The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Criminal acts and relevant facts:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/us/eddie-......dex.html
Quote:
... testifying under immunity, also said that he had not admitted to asphyxiating the prisoner in previous interviews with NCIS or with the prosecution. He said he was only doing so now because he was granted immunity, which means he cannot be prosecuted for his testimony.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
wearing pigtails in a blue gingham dress with my little dog Toto yipping away...
"I think I'll miss you most of all Strawman" Smile

See here's the plan. We'll drop you in on agent East so you can acquire her shoes. Don't worry about the witnesses, they'll believe the cover story and won't complain about the body or the house dropped into their town square. Then we'll arrange a safe route to the fortress of agent West so you can get her broom. Agent North will arrange to get you back after she arranges an accident for our local informant - it seems he's been discovered and they're feeding him false information. Operation Toto is a go.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
How is insulting your hosts or contaminating your living quarters self serving?

I'll need to slowly back away from this conversation if Q1 is serious.

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
How is insulting your hosts or contaminating your living quarters self serving?

I'll need to slowly back away from this conversation if Q1 is serious.

A little googling and more detail can be found on what they found offensive from the last paragraph.:
Quote:
The final straw for Moreno was WikiLeaks' decision to spread information about a purported offshore account controlled by the president's brother. Personal photographs of Moreno lying in bed, as well as images of close family members dancing, were also leaked, further incensing him.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
That's a large handful of self-serving straws.

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5984 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Yes it is. But what did they expect from this slimeball?
This isn't a man of good character who is bravely and heroically sacrificing for the greater good. That is as far from the truth as it gets. Unfortunately there will be those who ignore his poor character as it suits their anti-U.S. agenda.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15710 Posts

Profile of tommy
At the heart of it is the upper class’s desire to keep the working class’s dumbed down: Knowledge is power and them up there don’t want you down there to know.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

The UK takes possession of Assange and now it's up to him and WikiLeaks to offer something useful before the EU summit today and Parliament negotiations in a couple of weeks.
Here's the schedule for events: https://www.ft.com/content/64e7f218-4ad4......ce4af89b
Some folks probably want him trussed up and shipped over in an Anonymous mask as a Guy Fawkes day present.
My guess is the next moves happen before the October 31 Brexit event and then it's a coin flip about Halloween.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, tommy wrote:
At the heart of it is the upper class’s desire to keep the working class’s dumbed down: Knowledge is power and them up there don’t want you down there to know.

The labor we require from the working-class (dishwasher, boot-polisher, bean-picker) doesn't require education. That's why we stress timeliness and work-ethic in the schools.
The most important thing they can learn is to clock-in on time and grind it out until their shift ends.

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, tommy wrote:

The labor we require from the working-class (dishwasher, boot-polisher, bean-picker) doesn't require education. That's why we stress timeliness and work-ethic in the schools.
The most important thing they can learn is to clock-in on time and grind it out until their shift ends.
Siri and Alexa are doing just fine. Cortana had some issues but after some reeducation - all set. They do home automation, parter with ADT (security/alarms) and respect DRM. The manual labor portals are doing fine, with interfaces in English, Spanish, and just about any other language their owners or operators require. Still a few bugs in the bean pickers but - should be ready right after the 2020 electoral circus. https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/201......od-at-it
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15710 Posts

Profile of tommy
Nobody said education was power.

All education is despotism. [William Godwin, "Enquirer," 1797]
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

Nice catchy meme there. But you're quoting from the middle of his seventh essay and out of context.
Quote:
Thirdly, public education is best adapted for the generation of a robust and healthful mind. All education is despotism. It is perhaps impossible for the young to be conducted without introducing in many cases the tyranny of implicit obedience. Go there; do that; read ; write; rise ; lie down ; will perhaps for ever be the language addressed to youth by age. In private education there is danger that this superintendence should extend to too many particulars. The anxiety of individual affection watches the boy too narrowly, controls him too much, renders him too poor a slave. In public education there is comparative liberty. The boy knows how much of his time is subjected to his task-master, and how much is sacredly his own. "Slavery, disguise it as we will, is a bitter draught;" and will always excite a mutinous and indignant spirit. But the most wretched of all slaveries is that which I endure alone; the whole weight of which falls upon my own shoulders, and in which I have no fellow-sufferer to share with me a particle of my burthen. Under this slavery the mind pusillanimously shrinks. I am left alone with my tyrant, and am utterly hopeless and forlorn. But, when I have companions in the house of my labour, my mind begins to erect itself. I place some glory in bearing my sufferings with an equal mind. I do not feel annihilated by my condition, but find that I also am something.

Jules Henry had some words about education in our culture: https://redefineschool.com/jules-henry/
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

In 2012 granting Assange sanctuary in the Ecuador embassy had value to Ecuador to demand some more respect from the UK.
https://www.wbur.org/npr/158893808/ecuad......ned-over

With Brexit (UK leaves the EU) a real possibility in the next six months - and Sweden being a member of EU, Assange has more value to the UK as token of defiance - insisting he serve his 50 weeks sentence violating probation. https://www.pressenza.com/2018/11/julian-assange-cornered/

*okay that's enough serious analysis for today. And now for something completely different...
This evening: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/......-assault
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/0......p-sexual
She's got the cover story of New York magazine and a book on the way called ...
https://www.amazon.com/What-Do-We-Need-M......9&sr=1-1
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
439 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, magicfish wrote:
horrific crimes

Yes, he murdered innocent civilians during the Iraq war for sport.

Oops, sorry. No he reported on those who did. Horrific. The crime of journalism.

I didn't realize rape was journalism. Laugh all you want, I'll continue to call rape horrific for now thanks.

I have already presented you with the background to the so- called rape allegation, and the fact that the case has already been through a Swedish court and thrown out by the judge, and you were strangely quiet on the subject. I see that you are now back on your favourite hobby horse. You seem to have a penchant for emotive adjectives such as 'horrific' so here's what I call horrific, a corrupt government hounding an innocent journalist for daring to expose them.

As I'm a mentalist here's a prediction, i' ll place it in this little black envelope here...Assange wiil be hung out to dry by the Americans for espionage, and you will never here of these rape allegations again.
Use the FORCE Luke.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5984 Posts

Profile of magicfish
If by hung out to dry you mean, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers based on evidence, then perhaps.
But weather we hear of the allegations again isn't what is important. I think the alleged victim would agree.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15710 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is at least chance that Assange will be home by Christmas: it’s now 6/4 against there being a new election here this year and it is even money that the right honorable Mr. Corbin will win it. Corbin has stated the government should not send Assange to the USA for exposing USA atrocities. I figure that amounts to a 20% chance 4/1.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4703 Posts

Profile of landmark
For keeping up with things:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4703 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
I think the alleged victim would agree.

Do more research. You've been provided with sources within this thread.
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
439 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, magicfish wrote:
If by hung out to dry you mean, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers based on evidence, then perhaps.
But weather we hear of the allegations again isn't what is important. I think the alleged victim would agree.

As you appear to have missed the point entirely; my comment was clearly intended to impugn the veracity of these specific allegations NOT to trivialise actual rape.
As for "a jury of his peers", seriously? in America? peers such as yourself perhaps? LOL Oh, and BTW would this be the same legal system that allowed OJ to walk free? Yeah, right, I've got some faith in that !@#$%^& system.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
135 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Wow...
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Julian Assange will be booted out soon (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL