The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » A big thank you to Neal Austin (Sealegs)! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Hi everyone, First off, I don’t bill myself as a comedy magician (I made that mistake once!) but I do aim to entertain as well as astonish and if I can get the audience to laugh even better. Over at the ever so sleightly section of the Café I posted a YouTube link to a work in progress - based on Dai Vernon’s Peripatetic Walnuts. I also directly reached out to Neal Austin (Cafe member name is Sealegs) who is a professional performer with a focus on comedy magic. I contacted Neal for advice on how I could further develop this work in progress. Neal was incredibly generous with his time and knowledge. He even took some of my ideas, completely reworked them, added new ideas, and re-wrote a script for me. A script which I couldn’t help laugh out loud over as I read it! Over just a couple of pms I felt like I had attended a masterclass in scripting, delivery, pacing and presentation. He explained themes and ideas that work better to engage an audience and shared information on how to add jokes and humor without diminishing the magical impact. Finally, he gave me a script that showed me how those ideas applied in a practical sense. I already posted this thank you note at the ever so sleightly section but I thought I’d post it here too for those with a specific interest in comedy magic. The Café is a great place for learning but getting direct help from someone as knowledgeable as Neal will I believe improve my ability to create more entertaining routines. Neal, thanks again. John
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Thanks John, It was my pleasure. Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Well done, so refreshing to hear!
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » A big thank you to Neal Austin (Sealegs)! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL