The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The FORCE by Wayne Dobson and Alan Wong (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1847 Posts

Profile of Titanas
A very deceptive and elegant close-up force bag that has been designed by Alan Wong and made to Wayne Dobson's specifications.

Simple and minimal in design, this pocket-size force bag is seen to be nothing but purely a see-through net bag in mystic black color with no fancy borders, visible partitions, Velcro or magnets. Yet there is a secret compartment to facilitate the force billets or any small items.

You can stare close up into the see-through bag and find nothing. It can be folded, it occupies almost no space, it's lighter than air, and fits into your pocket for any walk-around and table-hopping gigs.

Includes two of Wayne's personal routines, Lucky Dip 2.0 and Buttons, using this newly custom-designed bag.

Message from Wayne:

THIS FINE UTILITY PROP came about when I was developing a routine that uses buttons or coins, in a bag. The bag in question had to be a change bag, and originally was a clear force bag.

Then Alan Wong came up with the prototype in the form of a mesh bag, which handled much better than an unforgiving plastic bag. It is such a nice bag that I was keen to offer it to magicians and mentalists as a utility item.

It comes with two routines: my original Buttons idea, together with an improvement of an effect I published called Lucky Dip 2.0. It obviously lends itself to routines based on the lottery theme, as well as the wealth of routines in print that rely on a change bag. So, you have a bag I know you'll put to use, particularly for close-up and platform work, alongside two commercial, simple routines using it. Have fun with them!

You can be sure THE FORCE Will Be With You Always.

More info: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63463

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7383 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Good price. But the question must be asked. Durability? An adult hand only just squeezed into the force compartment.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18105 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have one. I'm 6ft 2" and I don't have dainty trump hands. I can get mine in it.

I wouldn't say its an elegant bag and I have to say, it does feel a little fragile. I've felt more comfy using 3x5 folded twice, so you use less but it's easier for the person to grab...

But that's just me... Maybe I'm being too protective over it...
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1010 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I like the looks of this one. Price is awesome!

Looks like a basic bag that you put various “stuff” in. Maybe sea shells, coins, poker chips, buttons (one of the routines I believe), rocks, etc. Just thinking out loud.

With the price so low, I’m wondering how durable this is.

I ordered.

Mike
raw36
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of raw36
Is this the same as Larry's Bag by Mago Larry? I have this already does any know if any difference?
thanks
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
Also curious if this is the same as the Viking coin bag - mesh.
I am interested in getting the force to see the routines provided. Can someone review the routines?
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
738 Posts

Profile of Roki
The routine shown is a very useful force where the spec picks one coin. Is it risky? Does it take a lot of auduence management? Will some people feel the gimmick? I would live this to work!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7383 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Wouldn’t the effect be better if the magi sticks his hand in and takes out ‘the’ correct coin, smarties or whatever you intend to use? Or those small ludo type plastic counters? You could probably get 1000 in that bag. Being able to immediately locate the only signed one would be a bloody miracle no?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Wouldn’t the effect be better if the magi sticks his hand in and takes out ‘the’ correct coin, smarties or whatever you intend to use? Or those small ludo type plastic counters? You could probably get 1000 in that bag. Being able to immediately locate the only signed one would be a bloody miracle no?

Good Point
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
59 Posts

Profile of garys
I have owned this a few weeks now. I am pleased with the quality. I like that it's easy to carry around in your pocket.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2984 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:

You might be interested in Danny Archer's Pick a Coin routine. It uses a small cloth ungimmicked bag that can be examined. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23304
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13881 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Mine arrived of at. I think it's nice. I like the looks of it. Should prove to be quite deceptive.

As to the workings, (slaps forehead) Duh! This is definitely a "why ddn't I think of that." What I'm saying is that the principle is not new. Well known, as a matter of fact. But I like the small size and the net material used in it.

Will I use it? You betcha.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13881 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm having a change of heart. Big time.

I figured the first person I would test it on was my brother. Since him and me are real tight. So I had him reach in the bag to quickly grab the first coin he came to. He obediently reached in and promptly fumbled around, trying to find that one coin. After about ten seconds I hear him say "Something's not right!"

That did it. Glad it was my brother and not an actual real world spectator.

Looks like I was wrong. I won't be using this.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
24 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Got mine today. Hope to play with it over the weekend.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
24 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
I'm having a change of heart. Big time.

I figured the first person I would test it on was my brother. Since him and me are real tight. So I had him reach in the bag to quickly grab the first coin he came to. He obediently reached in and promptly fumbled around, trying to find that one coin. After about ten seconds I hear him say "Something's not right!"

That did it. Glad it was my brother and not an actual real world spectator.

Looks like I was wrong. I won't be using this.

Perhaps the problem is that it was your brother. Family can sometimes be tough. I have used a clear plastic force bag for years and have never had anyone suspect or ask anything, Granted, this bag may be different. I just got mine and have not unpacked it yet.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13881 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I honestly don't think he was trying to be tough. I know my bro real well. He's just not like that. He just honestly was having problems with trying to do what needed to be done.

However, I like the aforementioned idea of filling up the bag with hundreds of Smarties candies. I think I'll try that and limit the effect to myself reaching into the bag, forgoing the half where the spectator sticks their hand in.

So I'll only get half of what they advertised, but at least it won't be a total waste of money. I'll at least get one effect out f it.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3237 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yeah, just having a single thing in the thing is not a great strategy for these types of props, IMO.

Much more effective to have 'banks'.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
24 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
I have played around with the bag for a while but not used it in a performance. I do like it. It looks very innocent I think. I do worry about the durability but I think with proper care it should be fine. (“You take care of your props and they will take care of you.” ) Smile

I have used a different change bag with a routine that involves a volunteer reaching into the side that only has one item. (Usually It was a folded slip of paper.) I have never had anyone notice that they could only feel one paper. I have them look away when they reach in. I also hold the bag above eye level.

All in all I think this is a good prop and I plan on using it instead of my clear plastic bag.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13881 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I agree that it does indeed look as innocent as you can hope for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The FORCE by Wayne Dobson and Alan Wong (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL