The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Designing a new routine - looking for inspiration. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bdungey
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bdungey
A few months back, I posted a routine I had developed. Check it out here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=14

I'm starting to think about another routine. I'm looking for some techniques to explore. Specifically, looking at Spirit Slates and am interested in spectator-driven mentalism.

Open to ideas and looking forward to discussion.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I’m about to PM you about the way I use my slates.
bdungey
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bdungey
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, topherhester wrote:
I’m about to PM you about the way I use my slates.

Thank you!

Looking forward to reading!
bdungey
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bdungey
A valid question was posed in PM - What is the theme of this routine?

I'm planning a 'carnival' themed routine. I'm writing a story based on Conklin Shows - a local traveling carnival.
bdungey
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bdungey
Just posting here for future reference; I've made a few developments.

I don't yet have a script prepared, but I have a bunch of ideas. I don't work in so much order (this then that) as much as I kind of 'shotgun' creative writing projects.

So, I'm looking at designing a story surrounding 'grave beliefs' from WWI.

(https://nationalpost.com/news/world/canadian-soldiers-embraced-the-supernatural-uncanny-and-ghostly-on-the-front-lines-historian-says)

Here are some elements I would like to work in; I would like to be the conduit for channeling spirits from that era. I don't want to hold the spotlight, however, and using effects like E'VOQUE and Max Maven's Kurotsuke, I want to put the sitters in the position to be the 'contacted'.

So, I'm thinking of telling the story of a returned soldier who is captivated by these 'grave beliefs'. Eventually, he's sent to a ward for the treatment of shell shock / insanity, where he dies. I'm not sure if that's it, or if he holds some secret.

I had the idea to bring LOTS of props to the table - letters, case notes, pictures, trinkets.

One thing I'm having difficulty nailing down is whether to use a 'spirit guide' or not.

Imagining the use of Kurotsuke to bring one of the sitters into the spotlight. I want to use different coloured peices of chalk in a small pouch for the sitters to select from - when the forced colour is selected, spirit slates in a later part of the act will reveal a message using the same coloured chalk.

Am working on the correct emotional pacing for the story.

I'm strongly considering the purchase of Luna 1934 from Gemini as the big punch at the end.

Finally, I have a unique idea from Docc Hilford's $1000 seance - a method he suggests for faking EVP live off the floor. Just need to find myself an old tape recorder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Designing a new routine - looking for inspiration. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL