The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » The Phronesis Project - A way to create magic... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

I know many of you 'sigh' at the thought of yet another new deck of playing cards being released on Kickstarter. I get it.

BUT...what if there was a deck that actually helped you create magic effects? No really, I'm serious.

There are over 28,000 possible routine combinations and ideas built into this particular deck of not so ordinary playing cards.

Check it out!

Phronesis Playing Cards

UNLOCK YOUR CREATIVITY!

ABOUT THE PHRONESIS PROJECT...

The Phronesis Project includes a set of cards (Ideation, Classic, & Collector’s) designed to help magicians generate ideas, create original magic, and have fun while doing it. It’s the first deck of cards designed to help magicians unlock their creativity.

The Ideation Edition is built on proven methods for creativity that combine both questions about the performer’s style and motivation with thought starters on methods, props, and the structure of a routine.

The Classic Edition Marked Deck is a worker's deck that features the same elegant back design as the Ideation Edition combined with traditional faces. The backs are fully marked with suit, value, card color, Aronson stack, Mnemonica stack, and a subtle one-way design.

The Collector’s Ideation Edition is a limited run of the Ideation deck tucked away in a luxurious deep blue matte finish case produced by industry leading tuck manufacturing experts at Clove St.Press. These tucks include gold and white foil and embossing throughout.

NOTE: The backs of all three decks are fully marked with suit, value, color, Aronson stack number, Mnemonica stack number, and have a subtle one-way feature.

Love it!!! Honored to be part of it” - Jon Armstrong

THE IDEATION EDITION...

The first deck of cards designed as a tool to help magicians be more creative, generate new ideas, and spark innovative thought. Quite simply, the Ideation deck interrupts our ordinary stream of consciousness to help us be more creative. The Ideation Edition captures that creative experience in a deck of cards and makes it accessible to anyone.

There are over 28,000 possible routine combinations and ideas built into the deck.

The Ideation deck is easy to use. Simply select one card from each suit and create new magic!

I like this project a lot! The concept of the Ideation deck is like a book of quotes by famous names from the magic world materialized as a deck of cards” – Boris Wild

THE CLASSIC EDITION...

The Classic Edition is a worker's deck and features the same elegant back design as the Ideation Edition with traditional faces.

Backs are fully marked with suit, value, card color, Aronson, Mnemonica, and a subtle one-way design.

Custom Ace of Spades, two matching Jokers, a double-backer and a double backer missing the center circle on one side.

Can’t wait! Will be a lot of fun to use at magic gatherings” – Ryan Schlutz

THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION...

The Ideation Collector's Edition is a limited edition run of the Ideation deck tucked away in a luxurious deep blue matte finish case.

The tucks will be produced by Clove St.Press with gold and white foil and will be embossed throughout. For anyone who's worked with Daniel and the team at Clove St., I don't have to tell you how nice these are going to be.

NOTE: We're limiting these to 1000 decks.

So excited to see this happen!” – Brent Braun

DECK SEALS...

The custom Aristotle Deck Seals will be included with each version of the deck.

THE COLLECTOR'S BOX...

The Collector's Box Includes all three decks in a numbered collector's box. Again, we've teamed up with Clove St.Press to produce these beautiful boxes!

NOTE: These are limited to 300.

EXTRA'S...

Pledges of $50 or more also receive one beautiful (1) 2" Ceramic Poker Chip replicating the center circle of the card backs.

Every pledge of $100 or more also receives four (4) 39mm ceramic poker chips.

Included with the four (4) 39mm chip set are the PDF manuscripts of two of my favorite magic routines. The first is Scott Robinson's The Big Bang which is a hidden gem from Scott's amazing repertoire. If that weren't enough, you'll also receive the PDF manuscript of Robert Moreland's Re-Boot. See Moreland perform Re-Boot by Clicking Here! His complete lecture notes can be purchased at www.wondercraftmagic.com

CARD QUALITY...

The Phronesis Project is made possible because of our great partnership with Cartamundi. Throughout the process, we've worked side-by-side with their great team to bring to you the highest quality product.

To that end, the cards will be expertly printed by Cartamundi on their premium Superluxe card stock and legendary True Linen B9 finish.

Cartamundi's precision printing capabilities and their extensive experience in the board game industry make Cartamundi the perfect partner for this project.

SPECIAL THANKS...

This project wouldn't be possible without the creative advice and encouragement of Scott Robinson, Max Nelson, Rich Aviles, Ryan Schlutz, Josh Arroyo, Christian Magill, Kyle Littleton, Michael Clancy, Bob Taylor, Caleb Morgan, Kevin Reylek, and David Rasmussen.

WONDERCRAFT MAGIC...

Wondercraftmagic.com was founded in 2018 as a place to showcase creative projects. The first project we featured was the TRICS 2018 collection. That collection was an extensive project that included a custom deck, custom tuck, and a book of card tricks. In addition to collaborating and writing the book with several close friends, we also designed and produced the custom deck working closely with USPCC. Additionally, we took the additional steps to work with Clove St.Press to have custom tucks printed. So even though this is our first Kickstarter campaign, we have experience producing and delivering quality products to the magic community.

Wondercraft magic is a small business run by my wife and I. As a new start-up, we run all aspects of the business (product development, marketing, creative design, shipping, etc.) and WE LOVE IT! Thanks so much for your support as we continue to build our brand in the magic community.

RISKS AND CHALLENGES...

The key risks in this project are timely printing and delivery by the manufacturer - Cartamundi. Cartamundi has a dedicated cycle for custom orders where all available resources are ensuring efficient and quality production. While there can be occasional delays, they usually are able to print and deliver a deck consistently in their estimated time frame of 6-8 weeks from when a print run is initiated.

All of the designs are nearly complete and ready for production. However, because of the marking system and extensive amount of text on the Ideation decks, proof-reading will be done in an efficient but thorough manner.

I have teamed up with the WondercraftMagic warehouse and shipping team (AKA my wife) who has lots of experience shipping decks of cards and magic items both domestically and internationally. She's the best! Most importantly, I have a direct line of communication with her in case we hit any snags along the way.

Thank you!

Chris Hage

The Phronesis Project

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » The Phronesis Project - A way to create magic... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL