The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » EVP effect from an old tape recorder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bdungey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of bdungey
I would like to record a sound - talking, say - and then record a separate sound on top of that sound so both are audible?

For example, I have a device on the tabletop recording. I say something and stop the recording. Then, I record again, a guitar playing. I'd like to be able to hear both in the final recording with zero interaction - no editing, buttons or interaction.

Is that possible?

I read it used to be possible by 'cutting the lead to the tape erase head' in an old book...
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
If you had a stereo tape recorder (depending upon the particular unit), you could record your 1st track on the left channel then record the 2nd track on the right channel. Then play both channels back. And as I say this, I am thinking of several possible problems.

Have you considered doing it digitally on a computer? There has to be an application for musicians to record multiple tracks.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » EVP effect from an old tape recorder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL