The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Level One by Christian Grace (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4479 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, TuneHV wrote:
I’m familiar with the workings and the ad copy is accurate. The ditch is built in to the structure of the routine and happens before the final card is revealed.

VI posted a Q&A that gives more information: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/blog/level-one-qa

So you are saying after the deck vanishes and you hand the reveal car to The Spectator there is nothing left in your hands?
dj
View Profile
Special user
735 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, John C wrote:
What is the life of the gimmick?

Unbreakable!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4479 Posts

Profile of RNK
Not the reveal car but card, LOL!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2473 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
I’m familiar with the workings and the ad copy is accurate. The ditch is built in to the structure of the routine and happens before the final card is revealed.

VI posted a Q&A that gives more information: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/blog/level-one-qa

So you are saying after the deck vanishes and you hand the reveal car to The Spectator there is nothing left in your hands?

Yes
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1676 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Especially if you perform it as Christian typically does with removing the vanished cards from his pocket, then when you go to remove the remaining half of the deck..... well, you get the idea.
David Jonathan

Cutting Edge | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4479 Posts

Profile of RNK
Now that sounds better. By going back in to get each half of cards to do the Dirty Work so I see why the ad copy is as such. If you just want to use it as a Vanishing deck to show the revealed card you will have to do the dirty work before being left clean. Gimmick looks good. Someone said it was unbreakable, is this true?
stevefaulkner
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
Hi all. Here's the latest Real Magic Review of Level One Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyNmWDdRDc

Have a lovely day/evening

Steve
www.cardmagiccourse.com
IBM UK Close-up champion 2013
Award Winner at The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year 2010
National Street Performing Champion 2009
British Street Performing Champion 2005
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7133 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, stevefaulkner wrote:
Hi all. Here's the latest Real Magic Review of Level One Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyNmWDdRDc

Have a lovely day/evening

Steve

Consider these points:
You end clean. The last card can be fully examined.
It's easy to do. It will take just a short time to learn how to use the gimmick.
There are no angle restrictions. You can perform Level One surrounded.
The last card is completely examinable.
There are no flaps, threads or magnets. You receive a solid-state gimmick. It will never break.

Point 2 is BS then.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4824 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Ordered. Looks great.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5265 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
This will be on the Reel Magic Marketplace tomorrow....
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2518 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I don't understand the effect can you start with the deck & have the spectator pick a card & then the deck starts to vanish ? if so I am in ! All I see Is a deck vanishing whats the trick ?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, tophatter wrote:
I don't understand the effect can you start with the deck & have the spectator pick a card & then the deck starts to vanish ? if so I am in ! All I see Is a deck vanishing whats the trick ?

I see this as something you have to do on the off beat when people think you have finished as in let me show you one more. You have to ditch the deck in your back pocket plus get ready for the effect you would find it very difficult to do this in front of people in my opinion.
It may be possible to load the g*****k as you steal the deck but you would need quite a bit of misdirection.
montanna40
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I’m with top hatter on this one
The effect itself is lovely, but it’s the starting of the trick getting to that stage concerns me

A full performance of this may sway me. But on the fence with this one
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
11 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, tophatter wrote:

I see this as something you have to do on the off beat when people think you have finished as in let me show you one more. You have to ditch the deck in your back pocket plus get ready for the effect you would find it very difficult to do this in front of people in my opinion.
It may be possible to load the g*****k as you steal the deck but you would need quite a bit of misdirection.

I also see it as an add-on to another card routine to make the latter even better (no rhyme intended), as a truly enhancing effect - if done out of nowhere. Can't wait to check out all the options possible with LEVEL ONE.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
881 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Seems to me that you can probably:
Have card selected.
Turn your back as they sign card.
At this point ring the gimmick in.

I don't have this and so can't be sure.
j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
I believe that I am also like some others, on the fence with this trick, but I am going to hold out for some more reviews before making any decisions.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2967 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
The instruction video does go over how to ring it in through a series of well thought out moves. It breaks down the moves clearly, and with a transparent plastic top card so you can see exactly what’s going on. It’s going to take practice to get it smooth. You’ll want to do it in an off beat, and the video says as much. But it seems you can ring it in while facing and talking to a spectator who’s not actively burning your hands.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
61 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
I was wondering how difficult Level One is? Do you need to know slights to do it? Are they (the slights) hard to do?

Thanks
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
27 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, A Magic Café User wrote:
I was wondering how difficult Level One is? Do you need to know slights to do it? Are they (the slights) hard to do?

Thanks

Speaking as a sub-amateur, I find the move, especially the first part, to be kind of knacky. I know it's my own lack of skill and experience, and I am slowly getting it, but it's not one of those gimmicks like a t**** t** that require mere seconds of practice to be able to do a passable effect. I look forward to getting this one down, and am glad I got it.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
This looks great, and is right up my alley. I have so many vanishing/appearing/changing decks, and this looks like it may be better than all of them. Have to get this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Level One by Christian Grace (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL