The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Slieght of Hand School (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
343 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greetings One & All...

Just wondering if any of you know if Dal Salwak is still operating the Chavez School of Magic in California. I've done several searches...but no real info is coming up. Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you all...and continued success.

Always Believe in Your Own Magic,
Doc Dazzal
Dr. Dan
Psychic & Paranormal Entertainment
www.drdanandco.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Now in its 56th year of continuous operation the studio offers both private instruction and home study under the direction of former student Dale Salwak. For information call (909) 593-5374 or fax at (909) 596-8596 or write Chavez Studio of Magic, P.O. Box 8054, La Verne, CA. 91750.

This was from a website last updated 2001.

The website:
http://www.lanceburton.com/learn/fraternity.html
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22836 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dale Salwak like the owners before him, only occassionally promote the Chavez Course in Magic. I think I read someplace that the course is now on CD.

With the McBride Tapes and DVD along with Sheridan and others now being marketed. The course is of little use, as it only explained basically an act with coins, cards, cigarettes, and thimbles. It also included a very basic dove production from newspaper.

It is only good if you are willing to go for personal instructions. Last I heard it is 22 weeks, all at your own expense.

I have the old booklet course and my diploma signed by Dale. I started under Marion Chavez and have studied under the late Neil Foster as well. At the time in the 1960's it was the only place to get the info for a manipulation act.

The video cassette recorder changed all that.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Bill:

Can you do the "Chavez Clutch?"
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Slieght of Hand School (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL