The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Mirage Wallet is defective (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mickey Cohen
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Mickey Cohen
My Mirage wallet fell apart after using it also .Just a case of poor quality me thinks.
HK Cardman
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of HK Cardman
My wallet have the same problem!!!
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Followed Alans comment and managed to get my hands on "Reverse Osmosis" which is still stocked (limited supply) by RAR Magic in the UK. Predates the Mirage Wallet and it's very nice indeed.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
The Mirage Wallet is okay but the best wallet on the market in my opinion is John Cornelius' Instant Pro. It does use Duo Tech 2 gimmick but in a much more clever way. I've had mine for a while now and perform it every chance I get and it's as good as new.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mirage is clever. But, it's hit or miss and you ahve to use cards that match the gimmick. The mullics wallet can be used with borrowed cards and there is no palming. Very deceptive!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2316 Posts

Profile of Doomo
my Mirage Wallet is defective.... LOL

ALL Mirage wallets are defective... They are crap! And rip offs of the Osmosis at that... And wallet that requires a paperclip and a bizarre cover story to work is silly.. And it is a VERY cheaply made wallet!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
140 Posts

Profile of Paris
I to have mixed feeling about it. I played around with it for a while. Sometimes it did not deploy right. I have been caught more than once. I back to using my BMK . Only down side is its size. Cannot only use with my jacket on.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
In my opinion the fault/weakness of all of these retention of vision switch wallets is that usualy the switch takes place at the wrong time..... when the card is being removed from the wallet to show the climax
Try changing the moment.. Perhaps a double lift placing a blank card under their palm. removing your prediction from the wallet to show it matches then bang it is the selection and their card has turned black.
I am not saying to do this exactly but it does move the switch of the card to an offbeat moment and you can get the wallet out of play.
Phillip
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1095 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
good point Phillip,
if you like retention of vision effects, go for "Special Delivery" by David Regal.
A cleaner effect you will find hard to come by.
The spectators marked card is taken from a window envelope in full view...how strange.
Also available in a leather wallet version called "Switchback Wallet".

Wulfie
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
It's strange..
I never had a problem with Mirage Wallet.

I think there are two tips.

1, Before you pull the chosen card, open the pocket with left thumb.
2, Your left hand shouldn't hold near the pocket.

This wallet can use a "Black Envelope Method".
In my opinion, Mirage Wallet is even cleaner than Black Envelope.

If your gimmick doesn't have enough power to work, you can replace it also. Just peel the leather, and replace the gimmick, and glue them again.

Good luck.
Croak..Croak.. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's a great concept, but they never improved it. It takes awhile before you can perform it without missing.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I purchased mine a few years ago and had a worse problem...it actually got stuck, instead of the gimmick springing up! I returned it and got my money back!
Gerard
sileeni uk
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of sileeni uk
Look guys,, mirage wallet is a great principle, it is actually made for people who are unable to palm a card. an belive me there are a lot of them out there (and iv seen them all before "yes I can palm a card look" and I cringe and shiver at the gaping gaps and unnatural look" ouchy. ) anyway just to tell you guys that the wallet was made and released for the soul purpose.: to help out the guys who want to do a card to wallet routine, but cant (mainly because they are clever enough to realise they really cant palm cards to a good standard). so if you can palm a card then yes there are better methods /wallets out there that are recommended. however those of you that say they stick here are a copule of tips.
1.break in your wallet .. bend it , and eventually it will soften.
2.peel back the pocket, that the card fires into as you take of the clip. ,
3.your left hand should be as far away from the card as possible.
4.tap the deck and pick up the card from undernieth as you say , "can you hold on to this for me"
5.delay the revelation, do not say your card is in my wallet, because this way they look a lot more closely at the wallet as your taking it out, merely say , I have another card in my wallet that I keep safe. put the wallet away ,, and then reveal, the wallet is safely back in your pocket , and they have nothing to find,..
lovely. mirage rules all yeh!!!! just give the dam thing a chance lads for god sake.
magic is an art.admire others work, if you do not understand it, do NOT slag it off.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-09-05 20:50, sileeni uk wrote:
Look guys,, mirage wallet is a great principle, it is actually made for people who are unable to palm a card. an belive me there are a lot of them out there (and iv seen them all before "yes I can palm a card look" and I cringe and shiver at the gaping gaps and unnatural look" ouchy. ) anyway just to tell you guys that the wallet was made and released for the soul purpose.: to help out the guys who want to do a card to wallet routine, but cant (mainly because they are clever enough to realise they really cant palm cards to a good standard). so if you can palm a card then yes there are better methods /wallets out there that are recommended. however those of you that say they stick here are a copule of tips.
1.break in your wallet .. bend it , and eventually it will soften.
2.peel back the pocket, that the card fires into as you take of the clip. ,
3.your left hand should be as far away from the card as possible.
4.tap the deck and pick up the card from undernieth as you say , "can you hold on to this for me"
5.delay the revelation, do not say your card is in my wallet, because this way they look a lot more closely at the wallet as your taking it out, merely say , I have another card in my wallet that I keep safe. put the wallet away ,, and then reveal, the wallet is safely back in your pocket , and they have nothing to find,..
lovely. mirage rules all yeh!!!! just give the dam thing a chance lads for god sake.


GReat tips for those that would like to try this wallet out!!!

Mark Mason says "lads". Do you work for him?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
music
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of music
I had a problem with my Mirage wallet, and I placed a thin plastic card inside the wallet proper in alignment with the gimmick, and it has worked 100% of the time since !
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Music, another great tip!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1077 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Just get a Forbes Wallet or Barry Price Wallet. That will solve all the problems. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-09-20 22:02, tdowell wrote:
Just get a Forbes Wallet or Barry Price Wallet. That will solve all the problems. Smile


Those wallets are good when you're doing a show. If you tabel hop or do walk around, you need soemthing different.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1077 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2004-09-21 22:44, MagicChris wrote:

Those wallets are good when you're doing a show. If you tabel hop or do walk around, you need soemthing different.


My statement about buying a $400 wallet was meant to refer to fixing the mechanical problem with his deck. Its a joke Chris.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-09-22 00:55, tdowell wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-09-21 22:44, MagicChris wrote:

Those wallets are good when you're doing a show. If you tabel hop or do walk around, you need soemthing different.


I missed it-sorry. It's funny. I should have picked up on it.

My statement about buying a $400 wallet was meant to refer to fixing the mechanical problem with his deck. Its a joke Chris.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Mirage Wallet is defective (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL