We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ian Rowland's Mindpower lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Anyone familiar with Ian Rowland's work have an opinion on this item? It's available on his website and, I think, from the Skeptics Society.

I was very impressed with Ian's Full Facts of Cold Reading, which may help you determine where I stand on Rowland himself. (I realize there's a wide range of opinons regarding his work and ethics regarding exposure.)

I'd be interested in how his effects fit into a supposedly educational lecture for debunkers.

Thanks in advance!
kamiruaga
View Profile
New user
The Basque Country (N. Spain)
69 Posts

Profile of kamiruaga
Hi!

I was about to post a little review on his video lecture and his mentalism notes since a few days ago I received and saw both. I'll take advantage of this thread. I fully recommend them.

It was the first time I saw Ian live and I must say that he has a very good command on stage (or institute classroom in this case) and his lecture is well paced and funny. So, although he doesn't explain any secret in the lecture it is a good source of inspiration and has already triggered a couple of ideas to introduce in my show.

I loved his subliminal prediction and his "test conditions" demonstration of metal-bending. Likewise, and although you'll need something" to achieve his drawing duplication, I must say that the handling of that "something" and his presentation are superb.

As for his mentalism notes, they are equally good. In fact, I'd say that it was a good idea to buy them since both are complementary to each other.

As for how his effects fit into a supposedly educational lecture for debunkers...Well, Ian duplicates many supposedly psychic stunts, however, he doesn't claim to have any psychic power so I think that most of his effects fit perfectly into any skeptic group or group of people who'd just like to know an alternative and rational explanation for all those alleged modern "miracles".

Best,
Kamiruaga
All those who believe in telekinesis,
raise my hand. (Kurt Vonnegut)"
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Depends what you are looking for.

I have Ian's video and it's very entertaining. And I still have no clue how he creates those interchanging cut outs normally created as "wow" cards. He seems to go down very well with that kind of audience.

Definitely worth taking a look. I believe you should see as many styles as possible.

And Ian is very, very polished.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
700 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Its a must have !!!
Get it right now its a true masterpiece !!!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1993 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Ian is great...
his DD still fooling me Smile
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ian Rowland's Mindpower lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL