The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Supervision (Wind) / Cards in Pocket (Canasta) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coachawsm
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Hi.Anyone here doing Chan Canastas Card in Pocket / Asi Winds Supervision? I would love to exchange notes on "the out".
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Richard Osterlind has a great line on his recent Penguin Live for this, I do like Asi's out as well.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
coachawsm
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, rmorrell wrote:
Richard Osterlind has a great line on his recent Penguin Live for this, I do like Asi's out as well.

Thanks man. Do you mean the Blackjack one?
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
He calls it Cards in Spectators Pockets, he just has a line that covers and potentially makes a miss much stronger.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, coachawsm wrote:
Hi.Anyone here doing Chan Canastas Card in Pocket / Asi Winds Supervision? I would love to exchange notes on "the out".

Coachawsm... I've been infatuated with this for over a year now. I perform it regularly and have tried so many variations of it. Would love to brainstorm at some point with you.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Do the spectators ever reverse the orientation of the deck behind their back without realizing it and remove their two cards from the bottom rather than the top? If so... how do you know?
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, swayne100 wrote:
Do the spectators ever reverse the orientation of the deck behind their back without realizing it and remove their two cards from the bottom rather than the top? If so... how do you know?

It shouldn't matter in any memorized or cyclical stack whether they took two from the top, two from the bottom, one from each...the way you get the info is the same.
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2019, David Numen wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, swayne100 wrote:

It shouldn't matter in any memorized or cyclical stack whether they took two from the top, two from the bottom, one from each...the way you get the info is the same.

It doesn't matter if they remove from top, bottom or one from each. That said, I don't perform as Asi suggests in the book. I don't have great luck with laymen doing anything behind their back. If performing for fellow magicians, I'm all good as in book. If laymen, I have them cut cards on the table so that they are in better control. No way to fix it if they drop the deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Supervision (Wind) / Cards in Pocket (Canasta) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL