The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Impossible Whooper (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1906 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
An awesomely interesting "behind the scenes" video about the new Burger King vegan "Impossible Whooper".

They say a lot of the things I've been saying here about vegan food being BETTER than animal-based products, only I've been talking about end-consumer issues (taste, flavor, texture, etc) whereas they reveal what persuaded BK to do this: it is also better for the restaurants.

Specifically, it tastes better longer meaning from the time it is taken off the grill to the time it is opened for the first bite; the vegan patty holds it's flavor longer in the wrapper. It also solves other problems, such as shrinkage - the vegan patty does not shrink at variable levels like meat does.



-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
It also solves other problems, such as shrinkage . . . .

In business, shrinkage generally refers to something much different.

However, it may help with that problem as well.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15706 Posts

Profile of tommy
They have also been talking about end-consumer issues

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article......eat.html
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
135 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
whooper
[ hoo-per, hwoo-, woo- ]

noun
a person or thing that whoops.


... yep.
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4704 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Significant Shrinkage"

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15706 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am so hungry I could eat a whopping vegan horse burger.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
135 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Impossible patties are made from soy protein concentrate and potato protein, with fat from coconut and sunflower oils, all bound together with methyl cellulose, a laxative.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/life/f......4128002/
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3642 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Even better.

- Mary
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5984 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
An awesomely interesting "behind the scenes" video about the new Burger King vegan "Impossible Whooper".

They say a lot of the things I've been saying here about vegan food being BETTER than animal-based products, only I've been talking about end-consumer issues (taste, flavor, texture, etc) whereas they reveal what persuaded BK to do this: it is also better for the restaurants.

Specifically, it tastes better longer meaning from the time it is taken off the grill to the time it is opened for the first bite; the vegan patty holds it's flavor longer in the wrapper. It also solves other problems, such as shrinkage - the vegan patty does not shrink at variable levels like meat does.



-JoeJoe

Why would Vegans want their vegetables to look, feel, and taste, like a dead animal on a bun?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15706 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is it possible that Vegan Hot Dogs come in three varieties: shorthaired, wirehaired and longhaired, dripping in blood red Ketchup?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1906 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Why would Vegans want their vegetables to look, feel, and taste, like a dead animal on a bun?


We don't ... we want something "better".



Quote from video: "It is kind of the Tesla of the Tesla of food if you think about it; it is full of new technology, it seeks to disrupt it's sector, and it has inspired thousands of sometimes heated conversation about the future. But one thing it hasn't been all this time is widely available in restaurants ... that is about to change, the Impossible Burger is coming to Burger King"



Man rode horses for thousands and thousands of years, why do you want a car?? Why are you not arguing that man should be riding horses that there is no need for nothing "better"?? That is just plain downright silly sounding.



I want something "better" to eat. So if you ever happen to see the warden of this "prison planet" we are on, do let him know that JoeJoe is refusing to eat the food and is demanding something "better" to eat.

Smile

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2681 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
So, go eat your something "better," just stop trying to tell us that we secretly want it.

And the question, why are vegans so hot to make their food resemble meat?
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1906 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:
And the question, why are vegans so hot to make their food resemble meat?


Your question still makes no sense - "beef" does not look like a "hamburger"; it is processed and ground-up and then covered in plant-matter until it is no longer recognizable as an "animal" product.

Neither a "Whopper" nor an "Impossible Whopper" look anything like an actual "animal". So your question comes from the presumption that hamburgers look like animals when in fact they do not.

So if you were born into a vegetarian society you would be wondering why animal eaters grind-up their cows and make them resemble bean and rice patties, culture bias.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15706 Posts

Profile of tommy
Do they look like vegan leather?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2681 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:
And the question, why are vegans so hot to make their food resemble meat?


Your question still makes no sense - "beef" does not look like a "hamburger"; it is processed and ground-up and then covered in plant-matter until it is no longer recognizable as an "animal" product.

Neither a "Whopper" nor an "Impossible Whopper" look anything like an actual "animal". So your question comes from the presumption that hamburgers look like animals when in fact they do not.

So if you were born into a vegetarian society you would be wondering why animal eaters grind-up their cows and make them resemble bean and rice patties, culture bias.

-JoeJoe


However, I was NOT born into that society, so the point is moot. Fair enough though, I will rephrase the question; Why does there seem to be a major industry in the vegan culture, making patties that look like hamburgers or sausage, and telling us "you won't be able to tell the difference!"? If we handed you a spiced, seasoned, smoked burger and said; "You won't be able to tell it's not vegan!" You wouldn't buy it for a moment.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1906 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:
However, I was NOT born into that society, so the point is moot. Fair enough though, I will rephrase the question; Why does there seem to be a major industry in the vegan culture, making patties that look like hamburgers or sausage, and telling us "you won't be able to tell the difference!"? If we handed you a spiced, seasoned, smoked burger and said; "You won't be able to tell it's not vegan!" You wouldn't buy it for a moment.


The only company making the claim that "you can't tell the difference" is the Impossible Burger brand; every other brand strives to make their burger have it's own unique taste and flavor knowing that the most popular options now will corner the market and become the most popular options in the future.

And their motivation is not to trick you into thinking you are eating animal, but to create a better product that will deliver the same taste without the devastating environmental, health, and emotional consequences that comes with the meat industry.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5984 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Joe Joe- "beef" does not look like a "hamburger"; 

Yes. Yes it does. When you run beef through a grinder, which I have done for many years, it comes out a certain texture, consistency, etc ., which is what vegetarians try to get their veggies to resemble. Why? Because they love hamburgers.
Same reason your friend made veggie tuna and put it on a sandwich- to imitate ground tuna.
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
Cooked on the same grill as meat change your thoughts on a vegan burger?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1906 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, magicfish wrote:
When you run beef through a grinder, which I have done for many years, it comes out a certain texture, consistency, etc ., which is what vegetarians try to get their veggies to resemble. Why? Because they love hamburgers.
Same reason your friend made veggie tuna and put it on a sandwich- to imitate ground tuna.


You have to process your cows into "hamburgers" just like vegans do. Perhaps everyone wants the same "texture, consistency, etc...", not just meat-eaters or vegans.

This whole divide and conquer crap is just not going to work with me, we have more in common than you realize, but you won't know this until after you've tried both options.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1906 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, hou_dini wrote:
Cooked on the same grill as meat change your thoughts on a vegan burger?


Vegans do not eat from the same grill as meat, that has always been a complication for vegans.

For example, french fries are often cooked in the same fryer with chicken ... which is why McDonald's has had no vegan options on their menu what-so-ever (today, many McDonald's have "dedicated friers" to solve this problem).

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Impossible Whooper (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL