The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Impossible Whooper (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie......-BBZ55dv

OOO I guess it is not as big a deal as JoeJoe seems to think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The Impossible IMO is ok, but definitely not as good as the Beyond Burger, which was tested at Carl's Jr. in the form of the Beyond Famous Star and subsequently became a permanent menu item. Beyond Meat products were expanded at Carl's to include the Beyond Barbecue Cheeseburger, and Beyond Meat's sausage was added to the Carl's breakfast menu. The Beyond Famous Star has been the most successful new burger launch at Carl's in the past two years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciakelso......6ae622c4
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Probably because they make more profit selling vegetables as meat.

Beyond the Supper Whopping Profit Burger, what’s new?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:" ... exactly, it is not possible for a healthy human being to get sick, if you get sick it is because of something you ate (or drank touched inhaled etc). There is nothing within the human body to make you sick, all disease comes from outside the body.

-JoeJoe

Well that's just patently false. There are plenty of genetic disorders.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
New York Times

Death by Veganism

WHEN Crown Shakur died of starvation, he was 6 weeks old and weighed 3.5 pounds. His vegan parents, who fed him mainly soy milk and apple juice, were convicted in Atlanta recently of murder, involuntary manslaughter and cruelty.

This particular calamity — at least the third such conviction of vegan parents in four years — may be largely due to ignorance. But it should prompt frank discussion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/21/opinion/21planck.html
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not sure that a Birmingham Burger diet would be so great for a newborn either, tasty as they might be.

Edit: The burgers that is, not the newborns.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
We won the best burger in Birmingham award but that was when we had a top chef, which are hard to find. I don't think any of them there fast-food chains have a top chef.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
They've all gone over to the vegan dark side, have they?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The people, who have worked in chains, have had no choice, have had masters over them, have been under the lash of masters and though gentle, have served churls.

Top chefs, on the other hand, are free to choose their own menu, value their reputation and refuse to cook crap.

Those in chains on the dark side sing the blues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8eyL23TWg

Smile

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2020, landmark wrote:
Not sure that a Birmingham Burger diet would be so great for a newborn either, tasty as they might be.

Edit: The burgers that is, not the newborns.

I liked that sentence prior to the edit by the way.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
There are some excellent vegan foods. Enjoy them along with whatever you normally eat. To me the Impossible Whopper is as good as the Whopper. Though it is higher-end offerings I am primarily thinking of.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Again which Native American tribes were vegan again?

Mr recollection is they were fairly dependent upon buffalo. Ruined them when we hunted the beasts to near extinction.

JoeJoe some of us can talk with Native American people because they are relatives. Not imaginary friends. My recollection is they were proud of using every part of an animal.

I never ever not once claimed that any Native American Tribes were vegan, as usual you claim I said something and then attempt to tell everyone how I lied - you are just a bully Danny, you should stop that behavior as it is not acceptable.

Many Native American Tribes (most? all?) could not have been vegan simply because there was a lack of vegetation to support their Tribe. They did not have a choice; you have a choice. We have a choice. Burger King just put it on the menu to make it an easier choice for you to make (and it is going to become easier and easier for people to make this choice as more options appear on menus).

And you are correct: they used every part of an animal, they did not throw any part of it away. That is respecting an animal, killing a cow and letting it rot in a cooler wrapped in plastic until it expires and then throwing it into a dumpster as if it's life never had any value or meaning is DISGUSTING!! That is what you are eating - DISGUSTING food!! Not because it is animal, but because of the way man is treating the animals.

You cite a perfect example: white man hunted buffalo to the point of extinction, and they didn't even eat them!! They shot them, and let them lay there and die in the sun as if they were meaningless creatures that had no value what-so-ever. DISGUSTING!! I choose not to eat disgusting food, nobody should want to eat disgusting food.

I am not going to think like a white man so ya'all can just quit trying to convince me I am an animal. Because that is what you are saying to me, that I should think like a white man, no ... I'm going to think like a human being, human beings do not disrespect living creatures like that..

I am not a white man, I am a human being ... does that clarify it enough for you?? Nobody should want to act like white man acted. And yet ... here ya'all are defending white man's ways, that it is okay to waste the life of an animal as if it were garbage. No, that is not acceptable!!

-JoeJoe

You're right. I have a choice. And I choose to eat animal flesh as well as plants. Because I am an omnivore.

My question has been about the title of this thread; But, if (as a meat eater) I actually WANTED to be a vegan, why would I be trying to eat a "vegan" burger that in fact tastes like beef?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
If we all went vegan, we would likely devolve as a species.

Our species' distinct advantage was the evolution of larger and more complex brains, attributable to our predecessors' regular consumption
of animal flesh. Homo sapiens evolved as omnivores, and because they were omnivores.

There are a number of micronutrients critical to a homo sapien's development and health, including, especially, brain development and health, that
are impossible or difficult to get from ingested plants and for which supplementation either doesn't work or poses an impractical substitute, particularly
at the species level.

Among these are Vit B12, Carnosine, Vit D3, Creatine, Taurine, Heme Iron, and DHA.

Point: En masse, enjoy meatless foods and meatless meals, but not always, lest we devolve into a primary food source for another evolving species.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If we all eat vegans it might save the world.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Please cite any data on devolving brain size because of veganism.

Inadequate B12 levels are not much of a problem for vegans in a country that offers shelves full of supplements in any pharmacy.

Yes you have to eat intelligently as a vegan. Just as you have to eat intelligently as a meat-eater if you want to be healthy. For example, I'm not sure how early deaths of careless meat-eaters from high-fat, high protein diets advances the species.

This is fun: some top vegan athletes. Doesn't say whether their brains have devolved.

https://www.greatveganathletes.com/categ......uilders/
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Eating a vegan or plant-based diet can be bad for your brain health, especially if you already have a low choline intake, researchers report.

https://neurosciencenews.com/vegan-diet-......20report.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Aren't bears omnivorous? I mean we certainly can't be the ONLY species that is omnivorous can we? As such is it really a "distinct advantage" and so forth? Wouldn't ALL omnivorous species evolve as we did if you follow that logic?

Hey man I love meat and won't stop eating it any time soon. But logic must be used when making points right? Oh wait I forgot where I was.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It ain”t necessarily so; The brain has two equal and opposite hemispheres. The right hemisphere is illogical and the right hemisphere is logical. The right hemisphere might argue, do not eat animals because they are really nice and it is nasty to kill them, which is an appeal to illogical emotion. The right hemisphere might argue that meat is food that it is good for you physically etcetera. Most well-balanced people use both their left and right hemispheres and come to a compromise and eat some meat, so long as the animals are treated and killed humanly and so on.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
While we can describe our thinking as emotional/rational, our brains seem use the frontal cortex for planning and impulse control.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Animals and plants can eat more evolved things than themselves but mankind being the most evolved thing on the planet can not.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Impossible Whooper (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL