The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Chocolate Break T-283 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dbox
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of dbox
Just curious what peoples thoughts are on Chocolate Break. I've been playing with it for a week or two now and my daughter and wife are in awe.

Seems to be getting a much better reaction than I anticipated! One of the best from the 2019 lineup IMO.
Magical Moments
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
When I first saw the line-up for 2019, I liked Sword Reward and Chocolate Break the best of the six.

I still feel that way actually. Not excited about the cell phone trick or Print Impress. Also like the painting puzzle and dice trick.

The only downside for me concerning Chocolate Break is that the prop and handling does not excite me all that much. Small price to pay to perform a chocolate bar trick. I love chocolate so using chocolate bars as props is very appealing to me.
dbox
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of dbox
My wife has seen me perform tons of tricks and I thought for sure when I did the "move" that she would call me out of in but to my surprise she couldn't figure it out. I do however wish there was a sort of locking mechanism to make it examinable.

I have the cell phone one a well. Very disappointed and quite frankly quite over priced in my opinion. Seems like something someone could copy and literally sell for a dollar. It takes some practice to get it to work well and I'm just not motivated to put the time in with it.

Sword Reward I wasn't impressed with until I saw the thread someone started about it - looks like it can be used in interesting ways I never thought of (sword through name/caed for example).

Not sure about the others in the lineup but they don't peak my interest at this time.
Kanawati
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
211 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Hi everyone, I already posted this in the boxes tubes and bags section of the Café but wanted to share it here too. Chocolate break really fooled me and as a magician I think the secret is ingenious! But I was concerned that spectators would conclude that the chocolate was not real and therefore see the trick more as a puzzle. I could be wrong. Anyway here is my attempt to address that and try and develop something for parlour and possibly stage. I know it can do with polishing but any advice on how I can improve this routine would be welcome:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iL0ilCrzBpI
John
Magical Moments
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I liked your presentation John.

A delightful blend of humor and a unique presentation made it enjoyable to watch.

Keep up the good work!
Kanawati
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
211 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Magical Moments, Thanks so much!
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
Choclate break is one of my faves.
TheNacho
View Profile
New user
Madrid
2 Posts

Profile of TheNacho
I bought this one to amaze my nephews.
I love the idea to throw de piece (and catch it with the wrong color)!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Chocolate Break T-283 (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL