The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Teacher Probability with Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kippteacher1
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of kippteacher1
Hi Everyone! I'm a NYC full-time math teacher and perform at children's parties part-time. The next unit for my 6th grade math classes is about Probability. Can anyone suggest a trick I can do for the kids that would be a fun way to demonstrate probability? In the past, I've done a simple card trick; forcing a card, then talking about the probability of finding the correct card. Eventually, as the more and more cards get eliminated and the probability gets closer to 100%, I find their card. It works great, but I'm just wondering if anyone has other, more creative suggestions. Thanks!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2902 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
"Bank Night" comes to mind, or Spellbinder's "Banker's Dream" from The Wizards' Journal #20 - https://www.magicnook.com/WizJ20/wizj20-04BankersDream.htm
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
380 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
The card trick "Invisible Deck" comes to my mind - a trick always very well recieved.

"Spelling Bee" is another option:

"A board with seven letters in no particular order is shown to the audience. The board is turned around showing the audience that each space for a card has a number. The cards are removed and handed out to a spectator to shuffle. The cards are now handed back to the magician, one at a time, and placed into the board wherever the spectator chooses. When the board is turned around, A predetermined word is written on the board."

http://magicfleamarket.blogspot.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Teacher Probability with Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL