The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skymember Presents: Project Polaroid by Julio Montoro and Finix Chan (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Rooster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
My review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyE2HdWsCOU&lc=

Plus - you can see that ALEX DLF is credited at 4:23 (Along with Will Tsai, Jason Yu, and Masuda)

PEACE

My apologies I must’ve missed that! I retract my comment about lack of crediting.
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
431 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:
Identical to Frame, a creation of mine published in 2014.. Very disappointed with it.

and I have to add that, having seen your video, "Frame" looks superb and much more contemporary than a polaroid themed effect (a what! themed effect? the young folk are asking)
Use the FORCE Luke.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3653 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, Rooster wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Rooster,

Thank you very much for your review. Did you discuss the durability and fragile nature of the gimmick? If so, I apologize. I watched your review but may have missed it.
Thank you.
Michael

Many thanks! I did touch on it briefly upon discussing the main aspect in the making of the gimmicks. Basically they’re durable to an extent. They will have a shelf life depending on usage, but you do get a lot of extra “stuff” to rebuild if needs be(plus it’s easy to find online). I keep one in my phone for impromptu performances and two in my JOL wallet for work, so they’re fine so long as kept safe and not man handled Smile

Rooster,

Rhank you very much for your reply and clarification. Thank you also for the tips on where to carry the phitis.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3653 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
My review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyE2HdWsCOU&lc=

Plus - you can see that ALEX DLF is credited at 4:23 (Along with Will Tsai, Jason Yu, and Masuda)

PEACE

David,
Thank you for your informative review as well.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
art85y
View Profile
Elite user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
431 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
Beautifully visual. Am I being a Debbie downer by asking “who carries Polaroid anymore?” with regards to the patter of why I have this object. Do you think it would scream “special prop” since modern technology?

Yes you are!

Honestly, do some research and you'll see how instant cameras are on the up... Kodak have just released two new cameras...

LOL, is this the same Kodak who invented the digital camera and then all but disappeared into oblivion for not developing ( nudge nudge) it?
Use the FORCE Luke.
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, Rooster wrote:
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, indomagic wrote:
Could you see the gimmick in the close up situation ? Or it more suitable for parlor effect ?

In normal close-up performance situations and with the correct spectator handling, such as you would for most gimmicks of this nature(it’s kind of tricky explaining without exposing), you will be fine. Basically if you’ve got the grips of basic spectator management you’ll be fine.

Thanks for your favorable response.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Nice review (as usual) David.

Two concerns: you mention this makes great "wallet magic" but having said that, is this too fragile to live in the wallet? (While I'm not fishing, I don't use or keep IT stuff in there, or anything that butt/wallet pressure would ruin.)

Second, there's the one obvious move we all know when a photo is placed in their hand and two photos switch places (it's in the trailer). I'm assuming that's just one routine that uses it? I can't get over thinking like a magician and seeing the discrepancy every time and wondered if that was only in that routine. (Versus a flick change or only using one photo in the effect.) Thanks for anyone's thoughts.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1817 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Thanks for your questions - I guess I am thinking like a magician as well - since "technically" we can carry card wallets in our jacket pockets. I'd be wary of "pressure" as well.

Second, YES that was only that 1 routine - since the typical gaff is black on the backside - that was done to leave the spectator with an examinable card from the beginning with no switch
New Magic / Playing Card Reviews EACH WEDNESDAY
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
Yes, it is fragile and it takes A LOT of care. More importantly, DON'T keep it too much in the wallet in "active" state or it will break. For me it goes straight to the drawer.... Too much hassle for strolling.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4215 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:
Identical to Frame, a creation of mine published in 2014.. Very disappointed with it.

Contact them if the method is the same

Tried, creator and producer don’t seem to understand they own something to the creator of the original concept. That’s why I’m disappointed with the ethic policy from Skymember.

Hi Alex

Where is your Frame available?

Thanks

David
Dave “SPARKY” Matkin

http://www.gofundme.com/MyMadTriathlon

Now AKA........
Smile “WHEELS” Smile
That’s the closest smilies to a wheelchair so I’m using them despite not having a horse ….. or being able to do the walking globe. Mmmmm can you do a walking globe in a wheelchair?
paranormal
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of paranormal
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
You can get it by me too, it's 15$ included shipping worldwide Smile

I throw an extra gimmick inside for you.

Unfortunately, Skymember ethics is very low, they do not answer my message anymore and I tried every single way I could to contact them. The only way is now to boycott ripoff from company which steal other ideas. They recognized it was my concept but they didn't want to retribute me so I'm very disappointed with how it ends but I'll do whatever I can to boycott Skymember's product.

Shame we have company like this in magic.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
no2ss
View Profile
Regular user
California
168 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:

Unfortunately, Skymember ethics is very low, they do not answer my message anymore and I tried every single way I could to contact them. The only way is now to boycott ripoff from company which steal other ideas. They recognized it was my concept but they didn't want to retribute me so I'm very disappointed with how it ends but I'll do whatever I can to boycott Skymember's product.

Shame we have company like this in magic.

In the magicorthodoxy review he shows that they do credit you...
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
This is a bit finicky and delicate. It would be on the difficult end of usefulness if you’re a worker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skymember Presents: Project Polaroid by Julio Montoro and Finix Chan (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL