The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jumbo Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
395 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Does anyone have any sources for "jumbo" production thechiques for a cup routine? Specifically, I want a technique to produce a final load several times larger than the cup.... while standing, with essentially no table support for cover or stashing the load. My biggest lack of skill is mostly with the timing, and movement of the production.

Are there any gimmicks that would help ?

I have heard of final productions of baseball bats, and large balls. I know of Gertners jumbo steel ball, but it must be done seated.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This forum is too open to discuss specific techniques. Wait until you have 50 messages and then we can do this in the Banquet Room.

However, let me say this:
1) You will be standing behind or near a table for the routine, right?
2) Are you wearing a pouch or not?
3) Although Gertner's routine in Steel and Silver is given as seated, it can be done standing, if you think in other directions.

How much larger than the cup do you want the load to be?

Think in terms of techniques that are used for other types of productions and the natural focus that one load will bring into action as far as misdirection is concerned.

Are you familiar with the work of Danny Korem?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22838 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2004-05-18 10:42, Scott Horn wrote:
Does anyone have any sources for "jumbo" production techniques for a cup routine? (WHAT TYPE OF JUMBO ITEM?)

Specifically, I want a technique to produce a final load several times larger than the cup (THEN WHY USE THE CUPS, OR WHAT DOES THE CUPS HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR PRODUCTION)

.... while standing, with essentially no table support for cover or stashing the load. (SO YOU WEREN'T DOING THE CUPS OR WERE YOU DOING THE CUPS STANDING AND THE CUPS ON THE GROUND? VERY CONFUSING?)

My biggest lack of skill is mostly with the timing, and movement of the production. (THEN YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PRODUCING AND HAVE A METHOD FOR PRODUCTION. YOU JUST NEED THE EXACT TIME TO PRODUCE THE ITEM, CORRECT?)

Are there any gimmicks that would help? (THERE ARE MANY GIMMICKS, BUT THEY ARE MADE ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU ARE PRODUCING!)

I have heard of final productions of baseball bats, and large balls. (I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH PRODUCTIONS, CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR SOURCE?)

I know of Gertners jumbo steel ball, but it must be done seated. (GERTNERS ITEM DOES NOT MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS IN ANY WAY.)

When we receive your complete post and answer the questions, maybe we can help solve your dreams.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jumbo Productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL