The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (78 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
Well, I've waited a long time for this, I've been patient and kept my hard earned money in my pocket....until now...

The Turner Boys nearly had me but I'd heard rumours about this a long time ago from Joao.

My order is in with the man himself.

Check this out...

http://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.p......ch=watch
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
...and there are currently 5 Turner watches for sale on the Café.Hmmmm...
Dylan Bryson
View Profile
New user
Space City
12 Posts

Profile of Dylan Bryson
Quote:
On May 6, 2019, Pit Boss wrote:

Does one need a certain amount of posts to access the "for sale" section of the forum?
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
265 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Yes you need 50 post.
Dylan Bryson
View Profile
New user
Space City
12 Posts

Profile of Dylan Bryson
Quote:
On May 6, 2019, Krazyjay wrote:
Yes you need 50 post.

Thanks. I'll get to work on that.
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I take it.... the difference between T Watch and The Watch is .... the T Watch uses and needs for an app/phone where the Watch doesn't.
Anyone know the differences in thickness of each?
Thanks
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
. . . finally it has arrived. Smile

I had said it elsewhere and may I say it here as well:-

João Miranda is a Tech Savvy creator. Most of his creations are based on electronics (electro-mechanical). He has a good and proven track record of releasing quality electronic based magic props which are very well thought out and are well adapted/suited to magic. Coupled with every prop that's released by João, you also receive varied and well thought out performance ideas, methods and routines. IMO this is worth much more than just the prop being sold as is.

Quote:
On May 6, 2019, wardmagic wrote:

I take it.... the difference between T Watch and The Watch is .... the T Watch uses and needs for an app/phone where the Watch doesn't.
Anyone know the differences in thickness of each?

After watching the demo videos as well the photos in the sales Ad, I see that Joao's watch is on the thicker side.

Quote:
On May 6, 2019, Pit Boss wrote:

IMO, with the release of 'The Watch' by João Miranda, the Turner days have come to an end. Like I had discussed the matter (just a couple of days ago) with few of my friends here on the Café, you will now see a spate of Turner watches popping up at the Café's Buy-n-Sell at great bargain prices but with few takers.

IMO, the retail price for 'The Watch' is a bit on the higher side. $350 - $375 would have been a good selling price that would have certainly brought in a whooping sales . . . but the creator knows best. Smile

I have gone through the sales Ad. The only concern I have is regarding the transmitting range which is just about 20 feet. If 20 feet is the maximum distance, then this could be a cause of concern in certain performing venues/atmospheric conditions/environment. RF (Radio Frequency) is known to be quite moody so to say. However we shall soon know and learn more on the range part.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
90 Posts

Profile of patapon
I just got my T-Watch and just saw JM's Watch. Here are my comments:
1. JM looks thicker than T-W.
2. JM does not run on a normal battery watch, so you need to charge it every 2 weeks or so. You never need to charge/recharge T-W!
3. The remote on JM is HUGE (as in very thick)! This also means you cannot use it in plain sight.
4. JM is about $50 more expensive than the latest price of T-W (which went up in the last offer to $396.
5. I prefer the looks of the T-W - classy and stylish. But this is really a matter of taste.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On May 6, 2019, patapon wrote:
2. JM does not run on a normal battery watch, so you need to charge it every 2 weeks or so. You never need to charge/recharge T-W!
3. The remote on JM is HUGE (as in very thick)! This also means you cannot use it in plain sight.
4. JM is about $50 more expensive than the latest price of T-W (which went up in the last offer to $396.
5. I prefer the looks of the T-W - classy and stylish. But this is really a matter of taste.

I’m a fan of tuner watch as well. I’ve had mind from the very beginning..
I have seen the watch and will have it very soon. Here is something many are over looking. App development is expensive and time consuming. At around 350-450 users of turner watch what will happen in 3-5 years when turner guys are not able to sale watches any longer as the consumer base has been exhausted. When apple changes their IOS platform and they will. Will the turner guys keep rebuilding and recoding their app when no more money is coming in from
The watch venture? Again, this would
No longer be a business but a charity.

Both systems offer pros and cons. I think a remote and a system that users no Bluetooth offer benefits. The iOS app/turner has some great functions as well.
The remote is not large. I can palm in fine. It can be in my pocket perfectly fine.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
90 Posts

Profile of patapon
Agree with everyone's concerns about the Turner boys not updating the app for future releases of the ios (already Zodiac by Theory 11 has stopped being updated since a year+ ago) but that really applies to all magic/other apps, so I try to make purchase decisions on app-based effects based on how much I have to pay for them against how much I would use them within the expected time frame when the ios will get a major update, and thus not support apps built on older versions.

At this point, from what I know, the current ios would probably be good for at least another 2 years; but it would be greatly appreciated if someone on this forum could provide a more qualified estimate.

Again, love the T-W, especially how I can use the remote in plain sight ;-)
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1

Patapon Posted: May 6, 2019 08:08 pm

From what I hear the Turner boys are developing/creating their own remote? If this is going to happen then it would come down to a matter of preference. I agree with Patapon
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
ofrmagic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
I would say this I do love my turner watch but I am really intrigue about the watch if the turner boys are doing there on remote beside the phone app I really rather see what will come up of it first plus I would like to see reviews on the watch before making a decision again I have no problems with my turner watch it works great but I do want to know more on the watch
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
It’s a shame but I just know I’d go wrong pushing buttons in my pocket
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, cardbiker wrote:

It’s a shame but I just know I’d go wrong pushing buttons in my pocket

Practice my friend practice . . . a little bit of practice. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Quote:
On May 6, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:
Quote:
On May 6, 2019, patapon wrote:

I’m a fan of tuner watch as well. I’ve had mind from the very beginning..
I have seen the watch and will have it very soon. Here is something many are over looking. App development is expensive and time consuming. At around 350-450 users of turner watch what will happen in 3-5 years when turner guys are not able to sale watches any longer as the consumer base has been exhausted. When apple changes their IOS platform and they will. Will the turner guys keep rebuilding and recoding their app when no more money is coming in from
The watch venture? Again, this would
No longer be a business but a charity.

Both systems offer pros and cons. I think a remote and a system that users no Bluetooth offer benefits. The iOS app/turner has some great functions as well.
The remote is not large. I can palm in fine. It can be in my pocket perfectly fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with both posts. In case the Turner Boys are developing a remote it would make the Turner Watch without doubt the absolute No.1 ! You would have all choices and do any routine.
Plus: I still appreciate that the Turner Boys kept it pretty much a secret, sacrificing higher Sales, there was not much advertising: that should be the way to go.
The JM Watch is out for an hour and people discussing it everywhere in open forums :-(

Regarding App development: I would pay every other year a certain amount for an APP Update. And other Turner users would do that too, I am sure.... So they could easily finance the development

So I am loyal to my turner watch ;-)
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1802 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Joao Miranda is the James Bond of magic!
His products’ quality is always top notch and his engineering is out of this world.
The Watch is a killer.
I love how quick, quiet it’s operation is and the verification of the transmission offers the performer a peace of mind.

It comes in three beautiful models:

Black Classic

White Classic

Chrome Classic

Best regards,

Titanas

---
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
90 Posts

Profile of patapon
Great point by kebmo3108 which I completely forgot to mention... I love the secrecy and limited availability that the Turner boys have built into their product!

Now that this excellent point has been mentioned, I'm guessing far more people will know its a "trick watch" when the see the performer using the JM than compared to someone wearing the T-W. After all, what do you see when you go to JM's homepage (or any other magic online store in the world for that matter?) - a :trick watch" for sale!

I'll bet nobody knows where to find the T-W (pun intended!).

Nonetheless, looking forward to your reviews if you do buy the JM!
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1166 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
From the Turner side... (was posted on FaceBook)

""""""""""
Obviously there's lot buzz & talk about JM new Watch - and yes, it does have a remote. However...for all those jumping ship and desperate to sell their watches, I would encourage you to hold on to your TW. Your watch is far slimmer and better looking with more functionality than the JM Watch - and once the TW remote has graduated Beta Testing...you'll have wished you'd held onto it. In addition to the TW updates, there are alternative input methods coming up within the next 4 weeks. I'll post a video as soon as there's something new to show!
"""""""""""

Personally I would like to say that in the end it will be a matter of preference. Claiming that one watch is so much better than the other is just childish and not right.
It is no more than normal that "The watch" is pushed by the dealers; they earn from it! They have no profit on the TW.
Which watch would you like better as a dealer?
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
858 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Guess you have to buy the additional remote from Turner, so it’s price will also rise up.

It’s a pity that this effect is so overrun and explained everywhere right now. Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3665 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
From the Turner side... (was posted on FaceBook)

""""""""""
Obviously there's lot buzz & talk about JM new Watch - and yes, it does have a remote. However...for all those jumping ship and desperate to sell their watches, I would encourage you to hold on to your TW. Your watch is far slimmer and better looking with more functionality than the JM Watch - and once the TW remote has graduated Beta Testing...you'll have wished you'd held onto it. In addition to the TW updates, there are alternative input methods coming up within the next 4 weeks. I'll post a video as soon as there's something new to show!
"""""""""""

Where did you find this statement? I couldn't... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (78 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL