The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (78 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1449 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Hoping the noise is not an issue but I'm sure if it is, Joao will take care of it. His service is fantastic.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1714 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Jo„o took care of my Timeless like no one, his customer service is something I can comment on and it is outstanding.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, Jo„o Miranda wrote:

The noise is a non issue unless you perform in a library and with the windows closed. This happens the same with your phone vibration. You can always talk over it in that case because you are searching for a noise but not the audience.

Mark Traversoni talks about the remote in great detail here: https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4?t=1167

Regardless of that I stand behind every single product I produce and even beyond warranty.

We are here for our customers and we take each request (from real buyers) very seriously so if anyone ever has any issue with ANY of my products its a matter of emailing us and we will do our very best to help.

Joao

Hi Jo„o,

In my previous post, as I mentioned, I have written based on info received from friends (reliable friends) who have physically handled the watch. However I will surely look into the noise & other related issues as soon as I get to play with THE WATCH myself.

I have no doubt in your products, creativity and customer support. And that's the reason I have always said all good things about you & your products on this very forum. And very well you know that. Smile

Thank you.

Best regards,

Narendra

And . . .

Quote:
On May 10, 2019, Paul Fitzgerald wrote:

This is a man who has an amazing record of creativity, product development and excellent customer service over a number of years.

Yes, I too fully agree that Jo„o Mirandaís support is second to none. And that's one of the reasons I too support Jo„o for his creations as well as customer support.

I know . . . You know . . . We know . . . we all know it! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Just to confirm, the bands are standard and are easily replaceable, correct?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3952 Posts

Profile of videoman
The remote noise is definitely LOUD.
For some this will be a benefit and for others it will be a problem.
Working pros at gigs shouldnít have any issue with it but casual performances may be limited to somewhat noisy environments which is a shame.

I generally perform one on one in a quiet office or meeting room and I would be very nervous performing this that the buzz may be detected. Iím pretty certain it would be in most cases so for me it is unfortunately a possible deal breaker. People hear what they hear and the idea that they wonít notice because they arenít listening for it only works if the sound is barely audible to them, just a smidge louder and theyíre wondering what that noise is. I guess I could tell them I am getting a phone call.
I have doubts that talking over it will be a viable solution but I wonít rule it out yet.

But if you perform around DJ's, bands, or lots of people talking then it will be perfect for you.
Too bad the intensity isnít user defined, or at least be turned off.
Personally I feel the vibration could be much more subtle and still easily felt in your pocket.
But again, have to test it and see to know with certainty.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1110 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Well so far the word on the street is not too good right now on this product sadly. I think with this product proves is that creators absolutely must do extensive beta testing prior to a release. It is absolutely essential. Especially with something of this complexity. I wish the creator of the best, but unfortunately I think this one is going to disappoint based on what Iím hearing.

What's the word on the street?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2591 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I havenít bought ď The Watch ď as yet but it peeks my interest by far the most out of all the similar devices out there .
The reason is because of its dedicated remote and the features of it telling you that the business has been done , I fully understand everyoneís points raised in this thread but from my view point you have to hear something to know the message has been sent .
The reason being is if you strapped it to a sensitive body part like you can say with MD you wouldnít then be able to input the numbers easily , hence it has to be in a more appropriate place where you can do this .
To then detect the noise or the slight vibration you would need a louder noise from that accessible location if that makes sense ?
If the noise is too loud then surely you can cover the speaker with something or wrap it something so that you leave the important bits to work as they should .
Thatís my two cents but until I see one up close and personal I wont know for sure , however I would be amazed if Jo„o had overlooked this and it certainly seems solvable by the user to suit his or her own performance environment imo .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
I am sure the watch is a high quality item.

And how JM is handling all the rumours and talk from the street is high class !

Way to go!!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2591 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I couldnít agree more with you kebmo3108 👍
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3952 Posts

Profile of videoman
My watch unfortunately did not work right out of the box. Disappointing of course but I was never worried for a second that I wouldnít soon have a perfectly working model. Joao personally reached out to me of his own initiative and offered to make things right immediately. He stands by his products and gives outstanding customer service.

Even with my initial experience I still believe his watch to be an extremely high quality product and currently the very best of these types of watches.

I havenít been able to use my watch so I donít feel qualified to give an actual review yet. But I will say that I can be pretty picky so yes, there are 3 or 4 minor things I would have preferred to have been done differently, but there are many more things I really like and feel they got right.

I donít think anyone should have any reservations about this being a very top quality, reliable and dependable electronic device with amazing features you cannot get anywhere else at the moment.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2591 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you Videoman for your well informed posts . Do you think it is possible to muffle the sound slightly and still feel the vibration ?
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3952 Posts

Profile of videoman
Hey Gaz, welcome back.
To answer your question about the noise... it remains to be seen but usually you can so I would guess it is possible here as well. It usually adds bulk to the unit so there are trade offs as always.

But for working pros like yourself I really doubt it is necessary. Most people wonít need to be concerned with the noise. I just happen to be unusual in that I do often perform in library like environments.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2591 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks for your kind words and quick response Videoman , I am hoping to see one of these units very soon .
I do like options on effects like this and if that option is not there I like to see whether I can personally customise it to my needs wherever I choose to use them .
After all , this product and itís rivals are just watches so they are perceived as normal items and I believe they should be able to be used in any normal environment 🤞🏻.
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Iíve had the watch now for about a week. The watch does look good. The speed that the watch changes time is absolutely impressive.
Itís been very reliable in testing. Others who own it have messaged me about the noise with the remote who know I have it as well. For me the noise was too loud.
Iíve always known Miranda to stand behind everything he creates. After a few FB messages, Miranda said he knows what he can do to fix this. My remote and watch will be replaced next week. Electronics can sometimes have issues when you receive them and itís always great knowing the creator will make it right. Besides the remote I can say this watch is great! Once the remote is softer For me it will be perfect! Owning tuner watch and now. ďthe watchĒ I do like this better for many personal reasons. Miranda did show great service with making sure my next remote is workable in close up situations. Very happy with that. Iíve had amazing experience with Craig from Promystic, Brett from SvenPads and Soren from labco. One reason why I love those three companies is you get long lasting service. Seems to be the same with Miranda.
ďThe tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.Ē- Anonymous
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3666 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Good and important thoughts! Thinking in the same direction, you find my thoughts here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......tart=140 Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
A thorough look and review, as well as a fair comparison of The Watch and the T-watch by Ekaterina.

Great review, but my favorite part is that she too, enjoys Five Guys. (I mean c'mon, they are awesome...and now I want one.)

Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I'm going to quickly share my thoughts. I have now used The Watch in two stage shows and several close-up gigs in the last week. Having now taken it out for a road test I feel comfortable in writing this.

There are some pretty important features this offers that for me, make it great for my work. I love the fact I can hand it out to a spectator from the stage, and not be anywhere near them yet at the right moment, the hands on the watch will move to the chosen time. I put a time delay between when I give the watch out, when the time is chosen, and when I punch it into the remote. The fact the remote remembers the time and sends it at the right moment is very clever and something I use to my advantage.

The other REALLY important feature for me is knowing this works 100%. I love the vibration feature because it lets me know when it sent the time to the watch.
I also like the simplicity of the watch - making it very easy for spectators to read. They can clearly see the numbers and the hands - something very important with stage lights etc.

My experience has been great with this product and I'm thoroughly enjoying the gasps from the audience when the watch is turned over to reveal the chosen time. As I said, I've built it into another major part of my act but it's a great kicker to what I'm doing.

I've also had fun doing this in close-up. The raised buttons on the remote make it super easy to punch in the time chosen. Again, I've combined this with another routine and it now elevates it to something even more memorable.

When it comes to any kind of electronic tool I always get nervous, however, I feel 100% confident using this because I know exactly when the time was sent.

I've had a lot of fun performing The Watch and it fits perfectly into my current stage show and close-up show.

The charge on both remote and watch last a long time which I like. - also, the fact the remote acts as a power pack for the watch is cool.

If you are worried about having the remote in your pocket then you can easily hide it in plain sight - such as a card case. Personally, I feel no need for this because it's very easy to know the buttons on the remote. There is no noise issue for me when working and so it's never an issue.

All in all a product I'm using in my close-up and stage show - so for me it's a great item. The true test is the reaction from the audiences and this has got some pretty audible gasps.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
90 Posts

Profile of patapon
Thanks EKat for the review.

So,

1. The strap supplied with JM is NOT genuine leather?

2. In order to charge the watch (every 2 weeks according to the ad), you MUST open the case?

3. I haven't seen any confirmation that the remote WILL work even though there is no direct line of sight? eg. Remote under the table sending the message through the table?

Appreciate if someone who has used the JM can feedback.

Thanks
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Two very eminent people in the field of magic (Ekaterina & Paul Romhany) have given their review on 'The Watch'.

Ekaterina's review has been very detailed and she has rightly so compared 'The Watch' with the 'Turner', since they both being exactly similar watches in their working and function except for using different input methods.

I will not go in to the various details as well as Pros-n-Cons as Ekaterina has very nicely explained it in her video review. I will straightaway come to my points of concern and opinion regarding 'The Watch'. Thus I will began with one of my previous post on this very thread and may I please quote:

Quote:
On May 10, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

I have got info from those who have physically received The Watch that there are a few hiccups which is a cause of concern mainly with regards to the Remote i.e. the noise factor as well as the line of sight communication between the watch and the remote.

I am a bit confused as to the kind of communication taking place between the remote and the watch. Is it RF or IR? Anyone who could please clarify.

More when I get the opportunity to play with THE WATCH (hopefully soon! Smile).

OK, one of my friends received 'The Watch' yesterday and I had the opportunity to play and study the watch. Said that:-

I will stick to my previous statement quoted above. The feedback noise factor is a cause of concern for those who will be performing the effect using 'The Watch' in close-up/parlor environment, but might not be so when performing on stage. In support, I will like to draw your attention to Ekaterina's above "REVIEW #144: THE WATCH by Jo„o Miranda". Please fast-forward and checkout the video from 13:20 to 14:00 minutes. You will notice a loud, sharp and distinct feedback noise coming from the remote, which will certainly draw the attention of your spectator(s). Ekaterina also specifically mentions the noise issue, checkout from 13:38 to 13:46.

Also Paul Romhany mentions the noise but says its never an issue (probably due to working on stage). And may I please quote:

Quote:
On May 12, 2019, Paul Romhany wrote:

There is no noise issue for me when working and so it's never an issue.

IMO, the noise issue can't be brushed off as a few isolated cases, since with all those I have had a chat with have shown the same concern. Also people have mentioned the nose issue here on this very thread. Hence IMO the remote feedback noise is unacceptable and I humbly suggest that the designer look into the same. But for the noise issue, 'The Watch' is a very nice and useful remote controlled prop.

Moving on to another issue concerning the Turner watch. Ekaterina, in here video review, mentions it is quite likely to see an update on the Turner watch by way of adding a physical remote control. IMO this is a very feasible and we might soon see such an upgrade. So I suggest that you keep your turner watch safe for the time being.

And like I always say - Just MY thoughts please. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10320 Posts

Profile of saysold1
👏👏👏
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (78 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL