The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (78 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Why don’t you just agree this is a good prop, and works for many of us? I understand everyone have an opinion but pushing it like you do is too much in my opinion. Yes, the remote is making some noise, no, it’s not a problem for most of us who have actually performed with it.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
778 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Ustaad,

Thank you for such a well articulated and nobly written reply. Your points above are all right on. This is opinion and you have a unit. You are one class act and I appreciate your participation so much. Having performed on Cruise Ships for a decade, and been a pro for 30 years and a semi-pro for 10 more, my verdict on the unit I have is that is is a practical worker in all circumstances, though I do wish it was quieter, I can handle it. As a dealer I will sell it with a good recommendation to my clients, all of whom I know and come to me directly for my validation or rejection of "what is new and good" after I've seen and real world tested it. I fully respect your opinion and choices Ustaad! Thank you Sir!

JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
282 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Ustaad,

Before your friend says that the watch is malfunctioning tell him to see the instructions well before saying my product is not working.

IN FACT I know exactly why your friend watch is going to another time when he inputs the time on the remote.

He just needs to CALIBRATE it.

I will even make things easier for him: orders@joaomiranda.com

Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
778 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Joao - As a top 100 Murphy's Dealer I want to thank you for appearing here, and talking straight and clearly with the members. I love The Watch and I have recommended all your 2018 creations to my customers. Your support is legendary. Your integrity and care for the customer is beyond excellent. Showing up here takes guts as it is not a loving environment, sadly. Know that your appearance, and involvement means something to the brotherhood and I for one will sell more of your products because you are present on the Café and responsive. Good work Sir! Deep respect!

Jonathan Todd
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2567 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Star Manager how perfectly put , I have pmed Joao on these boards and he always answers quickly about any questions I always have .
His customer service is way above and beyond the most highest of standards , I can only echo your comments bravo Gaz 🙂
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ Jonathan: Thank you once again for the kind words. Smile

Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:

I understand everyone have an opinion but pushing it like you do is too much in my opinion.

@ Alex DLF: Appreciate your advise. I will certainly keep that in mind. Smile

@ Joao Miranda: My friend put the watch through the Calibration process and all seems to work good now. Smile He conveys his thanks and regards.

Smile
P.S. I would advise all those who purchase any kind of electronic based Hi-Tech prop(s), should first go through the teaching instructions and must pay close attention to the Do's-n-Dont's as advised the the creator. This will save you from a lot of unnecessary hassle when using the prop.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
For those interested in another review of "The Watch", Dave Penn covers the item on the Wizard Product Review in detail.

Please check out the link below...

https://youtu.be/C6DAJx5QxsM
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3923 Posts

Profile of videoman
So getting back to actual magic related things regarding The Watch, earlier in this thread Al Desmond was generous enough to share his routine for this effect which I thought was great.
The biggest takeaway for me in Al's routine was having the spectator momentarily distracted by having to perform an action while the magician did the dirty work for the watch.
In Al's routine he had them write down the name of a city or place while he operated the remote. Al used a prop which is no longer available (not to mention very expensive) but it got me thinking that there are probably hundreds of ways that you could accomplish a very similar thing.

So here's a challenge to all of you highly creative individuals on this forum...what ways can you think of (and share) that could keep a spectator engaged or busy for a few seconds or so while you operate the remote?

Of course this could apply to all kinds of other routines as well, not just the watch.

The first thought I had was you could recreate Al's basic routine by using a SvenPad for the second part and while the spec is looking at the pad, you input the time you have already been given. Now Al's method did allow you to get the time the spec selects without their knowledge and this does add another layer of deception, but even if they tell you the time outright the effect can still be quite amazing IMO.

BTW, I'm not saying the watch REQUIRES any misdirection, but it never hurts.

I'm curious what other ways people could come up with to misdirect the spec while you are inputting the time, or doing any other dirty work in another effect?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
17734 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Your best bet is to not discuss things publically on here but to use the hidden sections of this forum...
DEVIL MAY CARE IS BACK!
http://tinyurl.com/y6n42gs2
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1109 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
P.S. I would advise all those who purchase any kind of electronic based Hi-Tech prop(s), should first go through the teaching instructions and must pay close attention to the Do's-n-Dont's as advised the the creator. This will save you from a lot of unnecessary hassle when using the prop.

Principle also known as RTFM. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3923 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Your best bet is to not discuss things publically on here but to use the hidden sections of this forum...

IAIN you are absolutely right and I completely agree.
I have copied it to the Secret Sessions where it belongs.
Please post your ideas there.

Here is the link:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Just got my 2 watches (a black one and a white one). One is charging right now ... it is a thing of Terrifying Beauty. So far one word: "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
859 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I'm live with Joao right now over on the Murphy's Facebook page talking all about The Watch! https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSup......64102487
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Luke Dancy wrote:
I'm live with Joao right now over on the Murphy's Facebook page talking all about The Watch! https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSup......64102487

Ah, sorry I missed it. Very interesting. Thank you.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1425 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Just got my 2 watches (a black one and a white one). One is charging right now ... it is a thing of Terrifying Beauty. So far one word: "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Did your kits come with the black battery or the green battery, for the watch?
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
859 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, paperinick wrote:
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Luke Dancy wrote:

Ah, sorry I missed it. Very interesting. Thank you.

The good news is you can catch the replay from the beginning here: https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSup......7/?t=298

As a heads up we do a live show on Facebook every Wednesday at noon pacific (Menny Lindenfeld is live with me next week) so make sure to turn on your notifications or 'follow' that page so you never miss one.

Thanks again to Joao for his time today, I hope you guys enjoyed the interview!

All the best,

Luke
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I saw that, but I guess I can't ask him questions now Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3923 Posts

Profile of videoman
You can always email or PM Joao with any questions.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3923 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:

Not sure what you mean. I’ve seen 3 of these watch batteries and they have all been essentially identical, and none of them were black or green.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:

Not sure what you mean. I’ve seen 3 of these watch batteries and they have all been essentially identical, and none of them were black or green.

He is charging is black and white watch ... 🤔🤔🥃🥃
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (78 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL