The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1127 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
We created a complex ALGORITHM

Let me try:
newHourAngle = 30*newHour + 30 * newMinutes / 60;
oldHourAngle = 30*oldHour + 30 * oldMinutes / 60;

delta = newHourAngle - oldHourAngle;
if (delta < 30) delta += 360;

moveHourForward = delta <= 180;

// do the same for the minutes
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like these guys offer the BEST deal on the watches. If I am reading it correctly, you are getting free shipping, $11 reward points and $30 from the "$300 Monthly Achievement." That is $41 back in store credit!!

https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/the-watch......944.html
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, paperinick wrote:
Quote:

Let me try:

The Watch was not made in a Kindergarten.
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, paperinick wrote:
Quote:

Let me try:

😂 ..
....complex for the average magician (like me) who is usually handling rather less complicated items like cards , coins and sponge balls ..
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Yeah, I agree, it's would be really complex for Kindergarten math. Multiplications, integer divisions, comparisons.
I appreciate the nice marketing angle, and lots of people here of course can't really understand the real complexity (tip of my hat) of a watch like this, but come'n!
Thanks for the smile. Congrats for the release.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
I am a victim.
Love my Turner watch but will Most likely also go for the JM watch.

I am sure it is high quality.

Very close to Hit the button.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
....complex for the average magician

Sure! But I found it offensive towards the founding fathers of computer science, that's why I had to comment (I had no intention to offend).
P.S. typing it was the slowest part of it for me. Interesting problem that can be expanded in a job interview question. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7581 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The fact that you receive a confirmation that the hands are now in the correct position is a huge plus.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10494 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:
The fact that you receive a confirmation that the hands are now in the correct position is a huge plus.

EXACTLY!

The T Watch is one way only - no feedback.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1186 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:

This is so wrong.
You DO NOT receive a confirmation that the hands are in the correct position. You receive a notification that the hands are in the position that you have input on the remote. If you made a mistake there, they are NOT at the position that you wanted.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18344 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Semantics...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4239 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:

EXACTLY!

Plus, I always felt that the T boys tried to imply that you got confirmation that the input was received, but in reality it was only confirmation that it had been SENT. Confirmation for receiving is FAR more important and helpful than being sent.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1186 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Semantics...

Really? If you work with a (hidden) remote every day, you know how insidious it can be. Let alone with a remote with 10 buttons. A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand).
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Having choice in a marketplace is a good problem to have. That we're even having this discussion is a testament to innovation and advancement. Everyone is different and has preferences unique to their wants and needs in a watch that can do what these do. I think this is a win-win for us all. I think what the market really needs is more ambitious card moves. (Kidding.)

Watch magic... It's about time. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4239 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Having choice in a marketplace is a good problem to have. That we're even having this discussion is a testament to innovation and advancement. Everyone is different and has preferences unique to their wants and needs in a watch that can do what these do. I think this is a win-win for us all. I think what the market really needs is more ambitious card moves. (Kidding.)

Watch magic... It's about time. Smile

Totally agree Nathan.
I LOVE having options!!!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5621 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:

A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand).

You make a very valid and good point. While designing 'The Watch' the creators should have considered this important and useful feature. I agree the opportunity has been missed.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:

A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand).

You make a very valid and good point. While designing 'The Watch' the creators should have considered this important and useful feature. I agree the opportunity has been missed.

Smile

If you use it with Android you can do this today with the T-W. Just find the right facebook group for instructions Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:

EXACTLY!

Plus, I always felt that the T boys tried to imply that you got confirmation that the input was received, but in reality it was only confirmation that it had been SENT. Confirmation for receiving is FAR more important and helpful than being sent.

I don't think that is the case though. You get a vibration if the watch has received the packet. What's better is that the new one seems more resilient. But unless you perform in a electromagnetic noisy environment, it should not make a difference.
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
125 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
Unexpected and very welcome video received from Joao today following my order for "The Watch" via his website.

The video includes further information about "The Watch" and the content is impressive.

1. Award winning low transmitter technology

2. Instant battery bank

3. Electronics build quality

4. Send & Receive technology

5. Magnetic activation

6. Swedish Motors design

7. Watch & Face design

8. Secret Modes

9. Battery Level Indication

10. Simple & Effective methodology
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4 Here is a review if not already posted
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL