The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (93 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..14~15~16 [Next]
oweosc123
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of oweosc123
I have a T watch; not the biggest fan of the solo mode and so I'm really looking forward to a remote. But getting pretty frustrated waiting... Pretty tempted to jump ship here and sell my current watch.
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, oweosc123 wrote:
I have a T watch; not the biggest fan of the solo mode and so I'm really looking forward to a remote. But getting pretty frustrated waiting... Pretty tempted to jump ship here and sell my current watch.

Take the time to learn the solo feature. It really is incredible!!!
Hookem
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Hookem
I received The Watch yesterday and I believe it is fantastic. I have several watches and this one tops them all. I will use the remote in my pants pocket. The Watch works every time I've tried it and I love the feedback it gives me. I am not concerned about the vibration. The routine ideas Joao offers are very good. His support staff are very responsive. I sent them a slew of questions last night and they answered every one of them. Thank you, Joao for another winner.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
IF you want to wear THE WATCH as a time piece keeping current time and then move into a routine, here is the fix I am using:

BEFORE PERFORMANCE: enter time now, enter 8000. Remote flashes blue.
Ready to perform: Have a magnet in pocket and run back of watch bottom (NOT THE FACE) -- (7:40 area) to the mag to get a buzz of connection with remote. (Solid blue now on)
Perform: Do the effect.
BACK TO REALK TIME: After effect, enter current time, press 8000 and you are back to normal watch. Turn off remote or leave on.
REPEAT from top for next table.

This sounds like a lot but is really fast and easy to do!

Hope this helps,

JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I like this new watch a lot, it is really great. But what Starmanager described is certainly enough to keep anyone from saying that this watch is perfect. Joao even said himself on FB that he doesn't consider it perfect.

I agree that the workaround you described is not hard but it is a bit of a pain and as you described it yourself, it's a FIX. Sure would be nice if you didn't have to do it. You know there are going to be times when you have your watch in "regular watch" mode and a momentary opportunity presents itself to bust out your watch routine but then you think "darn, everyone is looking at me and I have to quickly get that magnet out and swipe it just right (and mine has to be pretty much just right usually requiring several seconds before it connects). I'm sure it will get better with more practice but then again, in the heat of the moment it could be difficult. Hopefully they will change it in the future so you just punch in a code to toggle between regular and performance modes.

Now I'm beginning to realize why the T watch doesn't freeze at the time you set it to. It's because then it can't just always be "on", so you then need to have a performance mode AND a regular mode and that presents it's own complications as evidenced here.

So my understanding is that if you perform it in a stage show and want to have it connected and ready to go beforehand, you then cannot use it as an actual timepiece during your show, correct? IOW, you can't actually tell time with it when it is connected to the remote?

Be nice too to just punch in a code to turn the remote on and off. The switch on the remote is tiny and recessed and really hard to deal with IMO. I cannot do it in a reasonable time without looking at it and it helps if you have nails.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Videoman you and I seem to always agree. I am attaching a photo of my "FIX" and it is fine - even if "that moment" arises and you have to act fast. I've put the remote in a ziplock small bag and taped the BACK or BOTTOM to hold it tightly in position but be able to take it out of the bag for charging. I folded a business card and taped the mag to it. This keeps it in one place in pocket and easy to touch the back of the watch to through my pants pocket. Take off the watch and rest it on or near the mag - feel the vibration and you are at the right time and now ready to go. The buzz proves you did it too. Takes a fraction of a second. The reason for the bag is to keep lint, moisture out of the open connectors on the remote. This setup is easy and fast. I can turn on and off the remote without opening the bag. (and for those telling me to post this in secrets, there is nothing being exposed here not in the sales material and videos. The discussion is on this thread and I want to reach those watching as I love this watch and want to support real world use.)

Hope this helps.

Click here to view attached image.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks Starmanager, you have some good, practical ideas.
In re-reading my post I see I may have sounded more negative than I really feel. I do really like the JM watch very much and wish it great success as you do.

The perfect watch may actually be if you married the JM to the T watch and combined the best of both worlds. But alas, even that still would not be perfect but it would be getting closer.
If the T boys aren't merely blowing smoke, something similar to that should be available soon. We shall see...fingers crossed.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Fingers crossed Videoman but I'm defaulting to JM now during the wait. Here's another tip for workers: Instead of using a plastic card for the SOUL reveal where you pull the hands off the
dial you have drawn, consider using one of your own credit cards. The dial goes on with Sharpie in advance. Way more organic for me. Had them gasping last night doing that.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Both watch’s look great. I do have the T watch and love it. I bought it before JM came out with his. I always love his effects and perfect customer service. I like the benefits of both these watch’s. And most likely will also be buying his watch as well. But for now my T watch is just gorgeous and has worked perfectly every time. I also like the way the T watch looks. Slim and elegant.
doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of doktorp
I think the watch and the options are great.
The vibrations in remote are loud.
You can easy open the back. Just pull, where the two gaps are.
There are no clips to release or that could break.
Now you can put some foam inside and close it.
Perfect! Smile
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I had the opportunity to use this over the past couple of days during close-up. I absolutely LOVE this watch!!!
The noise is not a problem for me.

Showed it at the local magic shop today ... lots of smiles.

HIGHLY HIGHLY Recommended!!!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Not liking all the noise issues coming from the remote. Most saying not a issue but if you have to Mention it then it’s an issue.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 18, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Not liking all the noise issues coming from the remote. Most saying not a issue but if you have to Mention it then it’s an issue.

I find that magicians mention things that often do not need mentioning. The noise is just NOT a problem in any situation. This is a thing of greatness. Do not worry about noises people do not hear. I cannot hear it and I'm looking for it. I did it close up yesterday in a LIBRARY for 3 people and there is no sound. I felt it on my leg but didn't hear it and you could indeed hear a pin drop. Remember that the sound comes miles before the reveal. Couldn't be connected to the watch which is where the heat is anyways and the timing is offset. I have way more problems getting a coin in a shell silently. Come on people. If you OWN this product, as I do you LOVE it! Period.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
To any owner of the chrome version of The Watch:

Would you be so kind to inform me whether the clasp of the steely(?) bracelet is adjustable or not?
The circumference of my wrist is approximately 20-22cm.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Andrew
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
It is adjustable by removing links which you can do at home but need a hammer and a watch tool or a jeweler can do. It has a clasp adjustment of 3 positions for smaller adjustments as well. I took mine off and put on a leather band for now as I could not get the pins out of the band. Will take to a jeweler.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, Andrew J. K. wrote:
To any owner of the chrome version of The Watch:

Would you be so kind to inform me whether the clasp of the steely(?) bracelet is adjustable or not?
The circumference of my wrist is approximately 20-22cm.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Andrew

It's in the video instructions. Did you not watch the instructions?

http://www.magicsecretarea.com/watch/vid......st7da_AY
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Question guys,
If I put the magnet to the watch to turn it on.
Can I perform for the rest of the evening until I type in the off code?
And Could it be turned on with a ring magnet while
on my wrist?

Thanks
Brehan
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, StarManager wrote:
It is adjustable by removing links which you can do at home but need a hammer and a watch tool or a jeweler can do. It has a clasp adjustment of 3 positions for smaller adjustments as well. I took mine off and put on a leather band for now as I could not get the pins out of the band. Will take to a jeweler.

Thank you very much, StarManager for your prompt response and for being so kind and helpful as well.
I really much appreciate the time you spent to giving me the details.

Regards,
Andrew
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, brehan wrote:
Question guys,
If I put the magnet to the watch to turn it on.
Can I perform for the rest of the evening until I type in the off code?
And Could it be turned on with a ring magnet while
on my wrist?

Thanks
Brehan

Brehan,

Once on, you can work all night with ease. Northing to do. You can turn it on with a ring mag but NOT on your wrist. You must place the mag for a second on the CASE side (side to your wrist) not the FACE side. IF you bring the mag over the face you will uncalibrate the hands. Not a huge deal but a pain if you are working and performing and need to hit a bathroom and remember the codes.

My pattern is now:

1. Set watch to current time and press 8000. That keeps time now.
2. First performance of set or night I take watch off and pass mag on bottom of case which turns it ON again (but stops keeping current time).
3. Perform over and over amazing everyone.
4. Last time I do the effect that night, I set time to current again and press 8000. Back to a watch!

Hope this helps~!
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Thanks, StarManager for this very informative post.
It really helped a lot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (93 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL