The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, JanForster wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
From the Turner side... (was posted on FaceBook)

""""""""""
Obviously there's lot buzz & talk about JM new Watch - and yes, it does have a remote. However...for all those jumping ship and desperate to sell their watches, I would encourage you to hold on to your TW. Your watch is far slimmer and better looking with more functionality than the JM Watch - and once the TW remote has graduated Beta Testing...you'll have wished you'd held onto it. In addition to the TW updates, there are alternative input methods coming up within the next 4 weeks. I'll post a video as soon as there's something new to show!
"""""""""""

Where did you find this statement? I couldn't... Jan

In the "Secret Turner Chat" - facebook group - Sam Dixon, the admin posted it
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2315 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Everybody saying the Turner watch has no remote? Yes it does and it hides in plane sight.Also someone said a statement ( The Turner days are over )That a bold statement. I highly doubt that.I do love Joao effects and has always had the best customer service. Time will tell about the Turner boys as of customer so far they have been really good from what I have read. SO with both these watches ( I have the Turner watch ) and love it and time will tell if it stays around ( Support )from the Turner boys. I don't have Joao watch and most likely wont unless the watch I do have wont work anymore. I like the looks of the Turner watch more and also not having to use a ten key remote that you have to keep hidden somewhere.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1750 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Everybody saying the Turner watch has no remote? Yes it does and it hides in plane sight.Also someone said a statement ( The Turner days are over )That a bold statement. I highly doubt that.I do love Joao effects and has always had the best customer service. Time will tell about the Turner boys as of customer so far they have been really good from what I have read. SO with both these watches ( I have the Turner watch ) and love it and time will tell if it stays around ( Support )from the Turner boys. I don't have Joao watch and most likely wont unless the watch I do have wont work anymore. I like the looks of the Turner watch more and also not having to use a ten key remote that you have to keep hidden somewhere.

Have to agree I am sticking with my Turner Watch
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
320 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Hi Guys,

Joao Miranda here.

The response on the watch has been amazing and I am SUPER happy with that.

A lot of people is comparing THE WATCH with other marketed versions, so I thought I would mention bellow the main differences:

1 - Besides the remote vibrating after the hands of the watch move into the correct time, when you insert the hour first the remote vibrates and when you insert the minutes it also vibrates, so you know you successfully placed the time. If you start to input a hour or minute by a wrong number the remote will buzz two times warning that you did a mistake.

2 - The watch gives precise time if you wish to use it everyday and the battery lasts for 2 weeks. You will never need to go to a watchmaker to change the battery, ever.

3 - Once the time is inputted the remote is sending the information EVERY SECOND until the watch hands move. This makes the effect VERY reliable.

4 - There is a 15 second delay mode that you can turn the watch into. This allows for a HANDS FREE REVEAL (you can for example show the wrong time and when you pass the hand magically over the watch the time changes)

5 - The remote has a LED that always lets you know if you are connected to the watch, and also alerts you when its time to charge the watch and remote battery.

6 - You turn the watch ON by just passing a magnet in it. And you turn it OFF either by the magnet or by simply typing the code 9050 in the remote.

7 - The watch hands move forward and backwards. We created a complex ALGORITHM that calculates if the hands should move forward or backwards, saving time to reach the desired time.

This are just a FEW but important differences between THE WATCH and other marketed versions.

I wont be giving my personal opinion ever on the competition (here or anywhere else) because would not be fair to others and I personally think that magicians can make up their mind to decide which version they like the most.

Thank you for reading.

Joao
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
185 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Do the hands of the watch move by turning the crown?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

No.

If that was possible, we would have had an almost ultimate watch gizmo that could do both:-

#1. The prior predicted time set by the performer on the watch matches the spectators thought of time.

#2. The freely selected time set by the spectator on the watch is predicted by the performer. IMO this is a much more powerful effect of the two, since the spectator handles the watch and sets the time all by himself.

For now, both the 'T' Watch as well as The Watch, can only perform Test #1 mentioned above. The day one of the creators of WATCH MAGIC creates a watch that can also do Test #2, we shall have a great prop. But alas, this is not possible with the presently prevailing versions of Hybrid watch technology.

Though I was hoping that Joao Miranda would come up with a watch that could do both Tests #1 & #2. But sadly Test #2 still remains to be solved.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Hanno
View Profile
New user
Austria
22 Posts

Profile of Hanno
The Turner Watch ist slimmer and more innocence. That´s one of the main reasons I prefer it. the remote may have some advantages at the moment, but its a matter of your routine. I have performed perfect time (Rich Bloch) for 25 years with great success. We are talking here just about gadgets. Each of these technical solutions can be great in the right context.
It is great when so many innovators come to their own solutions. So the Miranda watch is a great development.
For me, the look of the watch is in a kind of "too perfect effect" essential, so I prefer the turner watch and even the Perfect time Seico version. But this is a matter of taste.

But what I really hate, is that Miranda shows at his Page - which is open the public the remote control and explains the working of the effect.
that's not ok and spoils this effect for magicians who perform the effect. When profit is more important for creators then responsibility for their customers and for the magic, it is very sad.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Further to my above comment, for my own experiment I did search and found a Hybrid watch whose hands could be moved using the crown. But that too could not be used to carryout Test #2. This is the watch I am talking about:-

Timex Women's IQ+ Move Activity Tracker Smart Watch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS5......F8&psc=1

Back on topic please.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1689 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

No.

If that was possible, we would have had an almost ultimate watch gizmo that could do both:-

#1. The prior predicted time set by the performer on the watch matches the spectators thought of time.

#2. The freely selected time set by the spectator on the watch is predicted by the performer. IMO this is a much more powerful effect of the two, since the spectator handles the watch and sets the time all by himself.

For now, both the 'T' Watch as well as The Watch, can only perform Test #1 mentioned above. The day one of the creators of WATCH MAGIC creates a watch that can also do Test #2, we shall have a great prop. But alas, this is not possible with the presently prevailing versions of Hybrid watch technology.

Though I was hoping that Joao Miranda would come up with a watch that could do both Tests #1 & #2. But sadly Test #2 still remains to be solved.

Smile

Well, the Force Time feature on the T Watch allows for #2, but the time is set by the spectator at random without looking at the face
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, TuneHV wrote:

Well, the Force Time feature on the T Watch allows for #2, but the time is set by the spectator at random without looking at the face

Sorry - NO.

I have written a lot on the so called 'T' Watch Force Time feature. This is merrily a pseudo time force. This can also be done with our new entrant 'The Watch', in fact Joao has an effect on the Force Time.

I am talking about a true Force time that the spectator can see the hands moving and then the spectator sets the time of his choosing and the magi then predicts the time. For now this is simply not possible.

I had mentioned and may I please quote:-

Quote:
On May 6, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

. . . you will now see a spate of Turner watches popping up at the Café's Buy-n-Sell at great bargain prices but with few takers.

This is a very good opportunity for all those interested in getting a 'T' Watch. One might like to checkout the Café's Buy-n-Sell section where a few 'T' watches are available at a bargain. One of the watch has a low resale price tag of just $265.00. If you LIKE them . . . GRAB them. Smile

Smile
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Quote:
Quote:

No.

Smile

With all respect, I do not agree:
I think #1 is stronger: putting down a prediciton of a thought of time BEFORE (!) you ask them to think of a random time is a miracle. Nothing can top this !

#2 using the time forece is also strong if you do it like Josh Jounousky - writing down the prediction beforehand or having a second watch in a pouch with the predicted time set. You have to show that it was done before the trick even started .... .... I wouldn´t do #2 as I mindreading effect .. it might just look like a peek.... no need for a 400 USD watch in this case Smile

#1 can be done of course with both watches , .....
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
882 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, TuneHV wrote:

Sorry - NO.

I have written a lot on the so called 'T' Watch Force Time feature. This is merrily a pseudo time force. This can also be done with our new entrant 'The Watch', in fact Joao has an effect on the Force Time.

I am talking about a true Force time that the spectator can see the hands moving and then the spectator sets the time of his choosing and the magi then predicts the time. For now this is simply not possible.

I had mentioned and may I please quote:-

Quote:
On May 6, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

. . . you will now see a spate of Turner watches popping up at the Café's Buy-n-Sell at great bargain prices but with few takers.

This is a very good opportunity for all those interested in getting a 'T' Watch. One might like to checkout the Café's Buy-n-Sell section where a few 'T' watches are available at a bargain. One of the watch has a low resale price tag of just $265.00. If you LIKE them . . . GRAB them. Smile

Smile

Actually you CAN show the hands moving when you spin the knob, then have them continue to twist and press it in. Its shown on the instructions when Chris demonstrates the force time feature. Its a subtly many have mentioned as well
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, JustJoshinMagic wrote:

Actually you CAN show the hands moving when you spin the knob, then have them continue to twist and press it in. Its shown on the instructions when Chris demonstrates the force time feature. Its a subtly many have mentioned as well

Yes I agree, its a nice pseudo method. All such watches adopts this method including the good oldies (non hybrid watches). However, like I mentioned, I am talking about the physical and true movements of the hands using the crown.

BTW, I own a 'T' watch and I am in no mood of selling it. Smile I will also be getting 'The Watch'.

Smile
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of highmagic
If the hands don't move when turning the crown, it simply means that the spectators won't be able to examine the watch after the effect (and that's the very first thing any spectator will want to do, in real world situations). As such, you are left with expensive non-examinable magic props, which can be used only in specific settings. I'll pass once again, and wait for the next watch
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, highmagic wrote:

If the hands don't move when turning the crown, it simply means that the spectators won't be able to examine the watch after the effect (and that's the very first thing any spectator will want to do, in real world situations). As such, you are left with expensive non-examinable magic props, which can be used only in specific settings. I'll pass once again, and wait for the next watch

No . . no . . . . . no . . no, it's not so. Smile With ones great thinking and ingenuity, one should be able to make the best out of the available props.

Smile
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I purchased this watch immediately and I am sure I am going to enjoy the Joao watch!!!
I'm Very excited to get it.

This is a MILLION times better than the Turner watch.
I remember Oz's performance with the Turner watch.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3041 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Sorry guys..but what time is it?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
One significant issue with the T watch for me in testing was:

1) The use of Bluetooth which is prone to interference- has very limited range especially in a banquet room filled with over 500. Bluetooth is not the best tech for any of these devices. The new Joao Watch does not use unreliable BT.

2) The bigger issue was also the T watch engineering seems to have created what’s known as a “Faraday Cage” whereas the back of the watch served to block the BT signal from your phone. That also limited distance in surprising ways at times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

I liked my T watch. I just couldn’t completely trust it. Even with its own remote it would still be using inferior BT.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
How thick is the Watch? (Looks pretty thick)
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thick watches are a popular style. Bottom line is what I care about is which watch offers the most reliability first.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL