The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with what Starmanager replied to Brehan's question except for the statement that it cannot be done while wearing the watch on your wrist. I turn on the watch either with a disk mag or a ring without taking the watch off my wrist.

I just bring it up to the bottom part of the side of the watch casing between the 4 & 5 on the dial. It turns on fine and I haven't noticed any issues with calibration.

If I know I will be performing the watch effect soon in an impromptu situation, I prefer to turn it on without bringing any attention to the watch just yet and having the magnet out of play long before I call any attention to the watch. I just basically pretend to be nonchalantly scratching my wrist while talking to the spec, and turn it on without them being any the wiser.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
I have a question about The Watch for Joao or any of you electronic gurus.
I have a leftover self-adhesive metal disc from one of those phone holders that I would like to stick to the remote and carry my magnet on it.

But I am concerned that having a magnet attached to the remote might cause something bad to happen to the remote.

It's certainly not necessary for me to do that but it would just make it easier to keep track of the magnet and remote while carrying them in my pocket.
Of course I would slide the mag off the remote before using it to turn on the watch.

Anyone know if this would cause any problems to the remote?
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
820 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I am doing that. I have a photo of my setup in a baggie posted on this thread. Scroll up. Sticking a mag right on the remote works but since you need the buttons free and they face "out" from your pocket, you need to put the mag on the edge or the back of the remote. And if you do that, how are you going to activate the watch through the pocket? I tried that originally and it works fine for pre show turn on, but not in real time as the remote is in pocket. Also - I would not put a very strong mag on the remote. Electronics are electronics and subject to mag field disturbance. Go with the weakest mag that works, IMHO.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
820 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, Andrew J. K. wrote:
Thanks, StarManager for this very informative post.
It really helped a lot.


Andrew - happy to help and grateful for your "thanks" which makes taking the time worth the effort! I got so much help in magic from so many people who gave tirelessly. Harder now without the magic shops which were magical meeting places but this is the next best thing and in some ways so much more inclusive. Glad to share!

JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
619 Posts

Profile of brehan
Thanks starmanager,

Good to have this info!

Brehan
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
178 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
320 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode.


Please email us with a quick video: orders@joaomiranda.com

Thanks
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
178 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode.


Please email us with a quick video: orders@joaomiranda.com

Thanks


Thanks - sent. appreciate you looking into this. It seems at first glance to be a brilliant product so congratulations.
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
178 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode.


Please email us with a quick video: orders@joaomiranda.com

Thanks


Thank you for your super service and sorting my issue.
Nick


Thanks - sent. appreciate you looking into this. It seems at first glance to be a brilliant product so congratulations.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10459 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Why is Joao Miranda suddenly sending me immature emails? Wow. Weird guy. Thin skinned is usually a sign of deep insecurity.

I’ve kept 100 % quiet on this thread. But when a fragile creator starts sending me insulting emails out of the blue - it’s a sign of something odd.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
?? Didn't find anything bad in your very few words on here... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1123 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Why is Joao Miranda suddenly sending me immature emails? Wow. Weird guy. Thin skinned is usually a sign of deep insecurity.

I’ve kept 100 % quiet on this thread. But when a fragile creator starts sending me insulting emails out of the blue - it’s a sign of something odd.


That's... bizarre.
But to be honest my interactions with magic creators in general have been... poor...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, paperinick wrote:

But to be honest my interactions with magic creators in general have been... poor...


You got that right. Todd Lassen has never replied to an email I sent him (I've sent a couple), Roy Kueppers proved wholly unreliable after I paid him to build a custom magic wand for me, I emailed Joao Miranda twice about his Haunted Box effect and he never replied, and Joe Rindfleisch couldn't be bothered to actually ship the product I paid for in a timely fashion. There have been others too.

The brilliant exception is John Jurney. He was a real pleasure to deal with.

Mark
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
320 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode.


Please email us with a quick video: orders@joaomiranda.com

Thanks


Thank you for your super service and sorting my issue.
Nick


Thanks - sent. appreciate you looking into this. It seems at first glance to be a brilliant product so congratulations.


My pleasure Nick Smile

Enjoy your watch! Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I want to add (to my message above) that Joao has now reached out to me via PM and email. He apologized that my emails were somehow missed. Thank you, Joao.

Mark
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of patapon
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Why is Joao Miranda suddenly sending me immature emails? Wow. Weird guy. Thin skinned is usually a sign of deep insecurity.

I’ve kept 100 % quiet on this thread. But when a fragile creator starts sending me insulting emails out of the blue - it’s a sign of something odd.



Well, I think some creators just cannot accept the fact that they are NOT GOD SENT, and others have products actually better than theirs! To be fair, I have had no dealing with Mr Miranda, but I (and many others from looking at the posts) have had the same problems with a certain Mr Rostami ;-)

Also, some creator's idea of marketing their product is to point out all the flaws of/or rub other similar products, or make extraordinary claims about their products ("The Watch is the final answer to the classic watch prediction effect" - indeed!).

Has anyone noticed that despite the many comparisons, extraordinary claims and criticisms of the T-Watch, the T boys have never once posted or said anything close to discrediting other similar products? This is just classy... like the T Watch ;-)

A piece of advise to creators... humility and respect for other creator's products goes a long way.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2938 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I thought the T watch boys actually posted hardly anything about their effect or answered any questions from reading their thread .
I am normally wrong though but I had the assumption this thread was about Joao’s product and no one else’s Gaz 🙂
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of patapon
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I thought the T watch boys actually posted hardly anything about their effect or answered any questions from reading their thread .
I am normally wrong though but I had the assumption this thread was about Joao’s product and no one else’s Gaz 🙂


You are absolutely correct! I didn't mean to say that the T-Boys should be posting on this (The Watch) thread. My bad. I was referring to threads about their own watch.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5298 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Hey Everyone
Im adding this to the Reel Magic Marketplace on Tuesday........Shoot me an email if youre interested.

kozmomagic@me.com


Kozmo
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
How is the strap vs the chrome.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL