The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, gassaox wrote:
Https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4 Here is a review if not already posted

Very impressive that Mark can talk and translate into morse code simultaneously via blinking.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Any word on a warranty?
no2ss
View Profile
Regular user
California
175 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Having choice in a marketplace is a good problem to have. That we're even having this discussion is a testament to innovation and advancement. Everyone is different and has preferences unique to their wants and needs in a watch that can do what these do. I think this is a win-win for us all. I think what the market really needs is more ambitious card moves. (Kidding.)

Watch magic... It's about time. Smile

Totally agree Nathan.
I LOVE having options!!!

My wallet doesn't love having so many options... but, otherwise, yes.
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
With so many versions of this effect on the market, how worried are you all about exposure? I feel like what originally made me OK with spending so much money on a prop that really only does one thing was the fact that it was a fairly exclusive prop. With three different versions now on the market, I’m hesitant to buy. Would love to hear your thoughts.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Waterproof watch? A black face, black chrome casing model would have been a nice option to include. Would go with my midnight black Shepra sharpie.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
873 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

Do the hands of the watch move by turning the crown?

No.

If that was possible, we would have had an almost ultimate watch gizmo that could do both:-

#1. The prior predicted time set by the performer on the watch matches the spectators thought of time.

#2. The freely selected time set by the spectator on the watch is predicted by the performer. IMO this is a much more powerful effect of the two, since the spectator handles the watch and sets the time all by himself.

For now, both the 'T' Watch as well as The Watch, can only perform Test #1 mentioned above. The day one of the creators of WATCH MAGIC creates a watch that can also do Test #2, we shall have a great prop. But alas, this is not possible with the presently prevailing versions of Hybrid watch technology.

Though I was hoping that Joao Miranda would come up with a watch that could do both Tests #1 & #2. But sadly Test #2 still remains to be solved.

Smile

The Infinity V2 can do both - of course not so advanced but possible!
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
873 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
With so many versions of this effect on the market, how worried are you all about exposure? I feel like what originally made me OK with spending so much money on a prop that really only does one thing was the fact that it was a fairly exclusive prop. With three different versions now on the market, I’m hesitant to buy. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Iam with you on this Hudson Lee.
We should buy it now and wait 1-2 years.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
295 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Semantics...

Really? If you work with a (hidden) remote every day, you know how insidious it can be. Let alone with a remote with 10 buttons. A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand).

Hi.

In fact if we used 4 buttons would be MUCH more difficult than having 10. I know because we first tested with 4 and it was a complete nightmare.

One might think its a lot of buttons but trust me.. it is not.

When I designed this product I wanted the magician to instantly place any time without thinking or making calculations and hesitating by doing so.

In fact you can place ANY hour and ANY minute is less than 3 seconds with 100% accuracy without even thinking, and by simply going to grab a sharpie for example. The buttons are raised enough that you can feel them thru the pants and strong enough so that you don't accidentally press them.

The remote is very small and super easy to PALM as well.

Besides this and in the case of the Watch which was specifically designed for the solo performer, the input source is never seen which makes the effect very hard to track even for the most suspicious spectator.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3671 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I really think all is about your routining... I admit that I got (2) Perfect Time, the TW and now also Joao‘s watch. While I can imagine using the TW still in close-up settings, Joao’s watch will become my piece I use in my stage routine... and the remote will be not in my pocket Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1452 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, JanForster wrote:
I really think all is about your routining... I admit that I got (2) Perfect Time, the TW and now also Joao‘s watch. While I can imagine using the TW still in close-up settings, Joao’s watch will become my piece I use in my stage routine... and the remote will be not in my pocket Smile Jan

As usual, Jan hits the nail on the head here. I have the T watch as well and for informal settings, or perhaps still my professional strolling, the T watch will still be my go to. The feedback though that this watch gives will make it much more reliable for stage use, which is what I purchased it for. 2 very different products that both have merit.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1174 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

As usual, Jan hits the nail on the head here. I have the T watch as well and for informal settings, or perhaps still my professional strolling, the T watch will still be my go to. The feedback though that this watch gives will make it much more reliable for stage use, which is what I purchased it for. 2 very different products that both have merit.

I can live with that Smile
As a wrote before in this thread: "Personally I would like to say that in the end it will be a matter of preference. Claiming that one watch is so much better than the other is just childish and not right. "
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1114 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Hey Joao, you are not using BT for the communication. Correct? In that case did you develop your own?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

I can live with that Smile
As a wrote before in this thread: "Personally I would like to say that in the end it will be a matter of preference. Claiming that one watch is so much better than the other is just childish and not right. "

Now I could be wrong but It looks to me that João has exploited the inherent shortcomings of previous iterations and produced his own ‘workable in the real world’ version.
mikenewman
View Profile
Special user
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
979 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
And there’s already The Watch being sold on here!!!

Is this a Watch apocalypse???

This is crazy!
I can’t keep up. My head hurts.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=76
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, mikenewman wrote:

This is crazy!

This is not a second hand sell. He is an authorized dealer
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:
Quote:

This is crazy!

Is he permitted to sell below retail price?
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:
Quote:

This is crazy!

No idea 💡

Is he permitted to sell below retail price?
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
So, I guess the story of needing cash is not true?!

It's not really fair to the magic shops if he sells them here...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5525 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

Do the hands of the watch move by turning the crown?

No.

If that was possible, we would have had an almost ultimate watch gizmo that could do both:-

#1. The prior predicted time set by the performer on the watch matches the spectators thought of time.

#2. The freely selected time set by the spectator on the watch is predicted by the performer. IMO this is a much more powerful effect of the two, since the spectator handles the watch and sets the time all by himself.

For now, both the 'T' Watch as well as The Watch, can only perform Test #1 mentioned above. The day one of the creators of WATCH MAGIC creates a watch that can also do Test #2, we shall have a great prop. But alas, this is not possible with the presently prevailing versions of Hybrid watch technology.

Though I was hoping that Joao Miranda would come up with a watch that could do both Tests #1 & #2. But sadly Test #2 still remains to be solved.

The Infinity V2 can do both - of course not so advanced but possible!

YES, the Infinity watch can do both.

With the Infinity, one can allow the spectator to freely handle the watch, pull out the crown, check the movements of the hands by turning the crown and then, after the spectator has been satisfied that the Infinity is nothing but one normal watch, the performer then proceeds with his act.

OK, for the first time I will be sharing MY way of performing the effect using the Infinity:-

1. The spectator is now asked to place the watch face down on his palm and set an unknown time that neither the performer nor the spectator knows. After setting the time the spectator is asked to push the crown in.

2. The watch is then picked up by the performer and is hung by its strap on a stand facing the performer. Obviously at this stage the performer now knows the unknown time set on the watch.

3. Now, while the performer telepathically tries to send the spectator the time set on the watch, the spectator is asked to guess the time he set on the watch. The spectator takes a guess.

4. The spectator is then asked to come and pick-up the watch from the stand and show it to all (at this stage, the performer is nowhere near the watch). And Waala, the spectator has guessed the time correctly. The spectator is the HERO of the day! Smile

At this stage, if need be, the spectator can once again play with the Infinity watch to his hearts content and nobody will be any wiser.

Hope the above makes sense.

And with that, do we see the INFINITY sales getting a big boost Smile NO Smile OK never mind. Smile

Enjoy! Smile

Back on topic please.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
So, I guess the story of needing cash is not true?!

It's not really fair to the magic shops if he sells them here...

Didn’t see that. Not sure. I don’t understand that part, perhaps this is something he bought himself this time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL