The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Latest and Greatest? "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Further to my above post:

For obvious reasons, it's important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the performer will be within +/- 5 minutes.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
With VI's 10% off it is even cheaper from them.
I believe the dealers can set whatever price they wish.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
For
For obvious reasons, it's important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the performer will be within +/- 5 minutes.

Please Read
For obvious reasons, it is important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the spectator will be within +/- 5 minutes.

Thank you.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thank you so much Narendra!!!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
For

Please Read
For obvious reasons, it is important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the spectator will be within +/- 5 minutes.

Thank you.

Smile

Good Thiniking! I use mine with a (hidden) window envelope.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
If this watch can be use everyday, is it water resistant? durability will be a concern if it is to be use as an everyday watch. None is mentioned about the quality of the watch other than what it can be used to perform.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of highmagic
It is true that Infinity watch allows the spect to pull out the crown etc., BUT as Ustaad pointed out, it is not that precise; besides, the performer must look at the face of the watch to get the time (approximately) right. And finally, it cannot be performed at a moment's notice, as you need to "prepare" it for performance. I sold it.

Miranda's watch seems superior on some aspects (just from the description, I don't have it and won't buy it) except for the crucial crown flaw. I'll wait for v2...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Received the JM watch but unfortunately cannot get it to turn on. Thinking I will have to return it. Could be user error but according to the video there should be nothing to it as they cover the process in 3 seconds.

One thing to note is that I got the chrome version and this type of band does not separate like a buckle strap which makes installing the battery a bit of a pain. Not a big deal but some may wish to keep that in mind.

Since I could not get it on I can give no further impressions other than the remote is intense. Its obviously intended to be felt in a pocket or used in a noisy environment. I often perform in a very quiet environment and was hoping to possibly palm it but not sure that it wont be heard.
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
One question please:
As far as I understand, the signal is only sent to the watch if there is a direct line between the remote and the watch, like with a TV remote . So if there is an obstacle between the remote and the watch, let's say a table it would not be possible to transfer the signal.
In other words a Performance seated on a dinner table is not possible if you want to hide the remote below the table on your lap , right ?

Thanks for clarifying in case someone knows the answer.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well so far the word on the street is not too good right now on this product sadly. I think with this product proves is that creators absolutely must do extensive beta testing prior to a release. It is absolutely essential. Especially with something of this complexity. I wish the creator of the best, but unfortunately I think this one is going to disappoint based on what Im hearing.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
What has been said about it?
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
185 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Time to rebuy your TW Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
To be honest I can't afford The Watch but I'm sure it's not only just fine, but pretty awesome. It's too soon to say it's not good. There's going to be a lot of happy buyers, and there should be. I'm also a happy buyer of the T-watch. Like I said before, these are good watches all around. Just choose what's most important to you and decide that way for those on the fence. I don't think you can lose with either.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1013 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
My head still hurts. Lol

I think its best to wait for all the dust to settle. Too much going on for both right now.

Id be better off buying the upcoming UBER stock! Or should I buy LYFT stock?
Ughhhhhh decisions!!!!

I will say this in all seriousness.

Im truly thankful that the magic train is still moving. So thankful for creators releasing effects and gadgets and tricks.
Do we have some stops along the way to delay the journey? Yep. But the train gets going again.

Would be pretty boring without all the releases.

Im definitely watching this stop for sure.

Get it? Watching. Stop. LMAO 😂
Im dying from laughter here!!!!
And those that know me..... yep. Just drank a monster. Or was it a Bang or Red Bull? Which is better? Which will keep me hyper longer??

Ok.
Im done.

Have a great day everyone. This is fun!!!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
758 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

LOL!!! Yep, always in search of the latest and the greatest....even when it turns out that the latest may not, in fact, be the greatest!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

LOL!!! Yep, always in search of the latest and the greatest....even when it turns out that the latest may not, in fact, be the greatest!

Ahh, but the chase is half the fun my friend!!!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I have got info from those who have physically received The Watch that there are a few hiccups which is a cause of concern mainly with regards to the Remote i.e. the noise factor as well as the line of sight communication between the watch and the remote.

I am a bit confused as to the kind of communication taking place between the remote and the watch. Is it RF or IR? Anyone who could please clarify.

More when I get the opportunity to play with THE WATCH (hopefully soon! Smile).

Smile
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
320 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
The noise is a non issue unless you perform in a library and with the windows closed. This happens the same with your phone vibration. You can always talk over it in that case because you are searching for a noise but not the audience.

Mark Traversoni talks about the remote in great detail here: https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4?t=1167

Regardless of that I stand behind every single product I produce and even beyond warranty.

We are here for our customers and we take each request (from real buyers) very seriously so if anyone ever has any issue with ANY of my products its a matter of emailing us and we will do our very best to help.

Joao
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
125 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
I'm very happy also to support Joao with my purchase of the watch.

This is a man who has an amazing record of creativity, product development and excellent customer service over a number of years.

Congratulations on the watch Joao !

Keep doing what you're doing.
BillyBear
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of BillyBear
Joo Mirandas support is second to none. Ive put an order in for The Watch - its my biggest spend ever on a magic product but this is something Ive been longing for. My mate has the turner watch and has never trusted the reliability enough to use it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Latest and Greatest? "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL