The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I think this is going to replace my 3D Advertising by Henry Evans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6v1Qghz7NA

Description:

"The Flat Pack appearance was pure eye candy, then Jason pulled the cards out of it and I could have punched him it was so good!!"
- Ben Williams

"This is the ultimate 'Packs Small, Plays Big' effect!"
- Eric Jones

"I've seen a lot of gimmicks out there. Some are ingenious but fragile. Others are sturdy but limited. Flat Pack is one of the few that has the best of both worlds: strong gimmick for strong effects."
- Jeremy Griffiths

Created by the genius behind "Double Take," Jason Knowles created Flat Pack to be a surrealistic visual opener and closer that gets you in and out of your set with flair.

Imagine showing your spectators a neatly folded tuck case pulled from your wallet. With one move, the folded case expands from a crimped piece of cardboard to a fully functional box of playing cards. What's even more impossible to comprehend is that all 52 playing cards are kept flawlessly inside!

Flat Pack turns the ordinary action of pulling out and putting away a deck of cards into an impossible moment. Clearly the box is folded into quarters. Clearly it couldn't possibly fit a full deck of cards. And yet clearly it somehow does exactly that!

Finally, when you've wow'd them with enough overly ambitious or extraordinarily triumphant enough card magic, you simply take your cards, place them back in the tuck, fold it back up into your wallet, and wait as your audience gasps and stares at your final miracle. It's impossible for them to understand how those cards fit in that folded case. It's even more impossible for them to forget that moment of magic that you've just created.

What you receive in your box of Flat Pack:

Fully made gimmick ready for you to use out of the box.
Resets in seconds.
Takes up little pocket space, packs flat plays big!
An hour of expert instruction taught by Jason Knowles.
A unique method to turn ordinary moments into something truly unforgettable.
The ability to master and bend space!
Start strong, end stronger. Play it big with Jason Knowles' Flat Pack!

"Flat Pack is the best opener I have seen in a long time... It visually kicks the back of your eyes and sends you packing! It's a casual yet a professional piece of magic and perfect for all situations... I can't wait to start using this."
- Chris Webb

"Flat Pack is my favorite opener for table-hopping and walk-around! It LITERALLY packs small and plays big, and it has that perfect 'haha that's cute... Wait? WTF just happened!?' moment (twice). It's as if Jason Knowles and Tony Stark had a cardboard-baby. The playing card box equivalent to the Iron Man suit!"
- Kim Anderson

"Flat Pack is an amazing surprise to open any card routine! Can't wait to play with it!!"
- Tobias Dostal

"Flat Pack is truly something I will want to use every day. Clever in the mechanics and the construction. Absolutely hard hitting!"
- Think Nguyen
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I'm in.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Only question: is it durable? Like a hard plastic gimmick?
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
LOVE it! Looks fantastic. Wonder when it's going to be available?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
brainman
View Profile
Special user
970 Posts

Profile of brainman
"Only question: is it durable? Like a hard plastic gimmick?"

is it?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks nice. Smile
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Wow, some NASA technology going on there
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I’ve seen Jason Performs this Live and OMG !!!!!!!!!
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
Is there a colour choice between red and blue?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
At 40 seconds into the demo you see the cards delivered from the wallet. Is the wallet gimmicked also?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:
At 40 seconds into the demo you see the cards delivered from the wallet. Is the wallet gimmicked also?

Looks like you get the gimmicked box only. I would suspect the price to be higher if the wallet was included. If you notice, the cards are just underneath the wallet which is used as cover to deliver the cards to the box.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Looks like you get the gimmicked box only. I would suspect the price to be higher if the wallet was included. If you notice, the cards are just underneath the wallet which is used as cover to deliver the cards to the box.

Agreed. The two parts that concern me is the ringing in and out of the cards. Looks great though.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I think definitely not for beginners, you would need to manage your angles and spectators bringing in the cards. Looks really nice . Definitely will be getting this.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
I think definitely not for beginners, you would need to manage your angles and spectators bringing in the cards. Looks really nice . Definitely will be getting this.

Agree. Definitely need some audience management skills and misdirection but I don't think it will be an issue. Looks like the loading of the cards into the box is really quick and smooth which has peaked my interest even more! Really liking the looks of this!
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Hi Everyone. Thank you so much for your interest. The trailer seems to have leaked a little early. It will go on pre-sale on 29th.
I’ll try to answer all of the questions so far in one post
In the box you get a gimmick ready to go in blue. You can customise it to any deck though with minor DIY skills.
It’s card based so it looks legit like a card box. The gimmick will not last a life time but it will last a long time if you take care of it.
The box does exactly what you see in the video. You let go and it expands into a full box.
Their are 2 methods on display in the trailer. My preferred method in which the wallet has nothing to do with the method other than providing natural misdirection. I use a minimalist wallet which is too small to hide playing cards.
And the second which you can see Dave Loosely performing in which the wallet plays a more integral part.
The audience management for this is really easy. The appearance of the box is so eye catching that it creates a huge off beat moment.
The additional people in the trailer had only had the flatpack gimmick for 24 to 48 hours to practice before performing - it really is that easy.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Meant to say pre sale on 20th - typo sorry
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hi Jason, can I ask why only blue?

Thanks!
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, RNK wrote:
Hi Jason, can I ask why only blue?

Thanks!

Great question. Simply because blue is my deck of choice and it only takes about 5 mins to turn it red. The red gimmick you see in the trailer is the one we customised in the explanations. You can pretty much customise this to any deck of your choice
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Two concerns: what happens if the cards that are loaded into the box are not perfectly squared and the risk of the cards falling all over the floor from your hands whe nteh cards are secretly removed from the box. THe illusion looks great!!!
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
[quote]On May 7, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Two concerns: what happens if the cards that are loaded into the box are not perfectly squared and the risk of the cards falling all over the floor from your hands whe nteh cards are secretly removed from the box. THe illusion looks great

Really good question. The cards are not loaded in the way you think. They are never loose and what you are describing is physically impossible so zero risk of this happening. I don’t want to just come out and describe the method but if you watch the videos you can see both sides of the box when the cards are being taken out of the box and being put back in. It’s really no different than taking you cards in and out of your standard deck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL