The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
PaulW
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of PaulW
Is there any way those of us not on Instagram can get to see the post?
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, PaulW wrote:

Did you try just clicking on the link?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:

I think it should just play in a web browser. Iím out of the house today but iíll Upload the video to YouTube tomorrow and repost it 👍🏼
PaulW
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of PaulW
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, Andre Hagen wrote:
Quote:

Can you please post the link you have mentioned?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, Andre Hagen wrote:
Quote:

Can you please post the link you have mentioned?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/......tp09b7m4
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
160 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Penguin is listing Flat Pack as "discontinued." That's odd.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26923
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
Penguin is listing Flat Pack as "discontinued." That's odd.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26923

Hi,

Itís because Murphys magic have completely sold out. The response to this product has been incredible. We had to get the manufacturer back into production but obviously there will be a lead time for this. Once the dealers have sold the stock they are holding, the people that have missed out will have to wait a little while for the next batch. Hopefully not too long though
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
160 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
It's just strange that they say "discontinued" and not just "out of stock."

"This product has been discontinued. If you are the manufacturer of this item please contact Penguin to help us re-stock."

To me, "discontinued" has a negative connotation. If I were you, I would get in touch with them right away and have this corrected.

Can't wait to get my hands on one!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7403 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very good point. Big difference. Only Penguin could cock up on this level.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Thanks for the heads up Iíve raised it with the team at Murphys. Iíve just looked back at the screw. Shot I took the other day when it first went out of stock and it said something completely different.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Me and a friend received ours today canít believe how this is getting such good reviews looks so cheap and fragile his has snapped already mine will go up for sale before mine does
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7403 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Maybe discontinued was correct then. You wouldnít believe the amount of money Iíve saved through ignoring the hype crap and waiting for honest user reviews.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Maybe discontinued was correct then. You wouldnít believe the amount of money Iíve saved through ignoring the hype crap and waiting for honest user reviews.

Yep good advice ! Be more selective
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Me and a friend received ours today canít believe how this is getting such good reviews looks so cheap and fragile his has snapped already mine will go up for sale before mine does

Really sorry to hear you feel this way about it. The nature of the gimmick means

a) itís going to look like a folded up card box because thatís essentially what it is.
b) what youíve described as snapping is inevitable but it takes a couple of minutes to rectify (as described in the explanations) and the more you use the gimmick the less this will happen as you become more familiar with handling it.

My advice would be to stick with it and youíll get to grips with it and realise that actually what appears fragile will last a long time. Totally understand if you decide you donít want to persevere it as everyone is different.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Why should we have to repair it after half an hour of playing around with it?
You know Iím not even going to resell it why should anyone else be stuck with it.
Garbage in my opinion
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7403 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Stick to traditional methods. Thatís what I say.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1192 Posts

Profile of Jared
I cancelled my order with Penguin because it was only available in a blue card case...Are there plans to introduce RED? I would also like to hear what others say about how fragile the gimmick is. More specifically, is this well-suited for strolling or would it wear too quickly?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Why should we have to repair it after half an hour of playing around with it?
You know Iím not even going to resell it why should anyone else be stuck with it.
Garbage in my opinion

Like I said Iím sorry you feel that way. If you change your mind at any point and decide to give it another go in the future Iíd be more than happy to skype and Work through any issues youíve got with it and give you some tips on how to avoid it happening in the future, just pm me.
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Jason,
I appreciate you standing behind your product this way. But magicians these days want the trick to require no work on their part. Iím sure Iíll be flamed for this... but dear lord, can anyone say snowflake.

Great product. No issues with it from a seasoned magician. Keep up the good work.
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, trickymagic wrote:
Jason,
I appreciate you standing behind your product this way. But magicians these days want the trick to require no work on their part. Iím sure Iíll be flamed for this... but dear lord, can anyone say snowflake.

Great product. No issues with it from a seasoned magician. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much that means a lot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL