The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
570 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
But according to Lemniscate's marketing degree, that's actually a good thing.

:LOL:
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
no2ss
View Profile
Regular user
California
175 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, magicant wrote:
Just published a MagicWorld Review Flat Pack... You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTQj2QSEcw
Please sub if you like our reviews! Smile

All the best
Anthony
www.magicworld.co.uk

Good review, and put me down as a "yes please" on the stickers idea.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Magikgym wrote:
I'm sorry....it is video clips. I didn't see a live performance with spectators.

Going to the trouble of doing a live facebook video on the trick and then not actually performing it live is strange. I had a feeling the load of the deck might be a little angly and unreliable in the real world, and the choice not to do it live seems to support that idea.

Hey fella totally understand why you may have come to this conclusion. Their are a number of factors here. Firstly I wasn’t asked actually asked. I did had if on the table next to me ready to perform it if asked. Secondly I’m just going through a house renovation at the moment so I was squeezed into a tiny corner on the landing which would have meant having to move to a different space to perform it and then back to where I was for the Q&A which I was willing to do if asked but thought it just seemed a little pointless an clunky if not. Lastly you wouldn’t have actually got any value from it. The camera would have been directly in front of me and I have performed it for a camera at that angle a million times so it would have looked no different than some of the video clips you’ve already seen and definitely would have not given you any insight on angles. I’m really open about this product so my advice would be get down to your magic dealer in person and ask to see it, or if you don’t have a magic dealer near by give me a shout and I’d be more than happy to demo it on skype or something. The truth is it looks just the same regardless. In the black and white IG video you really can see everything you need to know.
Hope all of that makes sense 👍🏼
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4614 Posts

Profile of RNK
Even though I do not have this I can tell that the load looks super smooth. This looks really good, IMO. I am sure I will pick one up.
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
The secret is smooth. Some would need a little confidence to do it. But the nice thing is there are many methods to achieving the same outcome that require zero confidence because it's super easy.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Have not got it ultra smooth but very nearly, loading from the sleeve. Just drop your arm and load.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I like the looks of this.
Start with Flat Pack... card selected, signed, lost... all cards vanish except the signed card per Level One... hand them the card to keep and fold up the card box.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
I like the looks of this.
Start with Flat Pack... card selected, signed, lost... all cards vanish except the signed card per Level One... hand them the card to keep and fold up the card box.

A lot of people have been talking about pairing this up with level. Sounds like a great idea
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
Received the flat pack in the mail yesterday, very excited to use it. My gimmick was sticking, but as per the instructions I made an adjustment and now it works great. A word to the wise: Watch the instructions all the way through before using the gimmick. I know, this is generally an obvious statement, but for me the temptation was too great and I added extra wear to the gimmick that I could’ve avoided if I would’ve watch the instructions more thoroughly first.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
Received the flat pack in the mail yesterday, very excited to use it. My gimmick was sticking, but as per the instructions I made an adjustment and now it works great. A word to the wise: Watch the instructions all the way through before using the gimmick. I know, this is generally an obvious statement, but for me the temptation was too great and I added extra wear to the gimmick that I could’ve avoided if I would’ve watch the instructions more thoroughly first.

Be sure to join the Facebook group. I’ve shared a lot of additional information including full gimmick deconstruction and reconstruction

https://www.facebook.com/groups/422595201865352/?ref=share

You will need the password you got inside the box to join the group
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1041 Posts

Profile of derrick
Got Flat Pack in the mail on Friday. I can see the work and thought that went into creating this which is why my first question is why use yellow elastic to create the gimmick when white would blend perfectly with the white corners of the card box? Just an aesthetic thing that I think would be an improvement. I've played with it for maybe an hour and wouldn't dare try to perform it while standing. I'm a table hopper and mainly perform standing up, but I think this trick is easier to perform stetted. I don't believe too many will be performing this straight out of the box. Before performing this in front of anyone, it will take some practice (for me it will be standing in front of a mirror), pocket management and most importantly audience management. With careful handling, I'm wondering how often it will need mending? One hour, so far so good.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Hey there!

I posted a review of this on my YouTube channel!

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCcgQteII5s&t=41s

Hope this helps Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

I'm not sure if Steve Faulkner's review has been mentioned here yet. I think it's the best review so far, anyone interested in this should watch it, imo. He makes an excellent point about the moment of the load. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHt9GnN-bc
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I'm not sure if Steve Faulkner's review has been mentioned here yet. I think it's the best review so far, anyone interested in this should watch it, imo. He makes an excellent point about the moment of the load. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHt9GnN-bc

It’s made me really think as a couple of magicians have approached me now mentioning the same concern. It’s something I’ve never really experienced personally and I think there are more subtleties here that I could have expanded on in the tutorial in hind sight. That being said we have a Facebook group for people who have purchased Flat Pack so I’m going to film some additional content this weekend covering this topic and share it in the group.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Wow! An inventor that provides us with a terriffic trailer giving all the info we need, that is alert & responsive to both praise and critique and willing to put in all the effort to help his customers. My hat's off to you, mr. Knowles Smile
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Flap Pack by Jason Knowles and Profiteer by Adrian Vega .

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
When is this going to available again? Its sold out everywhere :/
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1394 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, RussoMagic.com wrote:
When is this going to available again? Its sold out everywhere :/

Murphys is saying July 20th

Even then.. those units dealers have backordered will get reserved by customers before then, so I'd suggest choosing whichever dealer you shop with, and reserving one asap

Hope this helps you

Dominic
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
145 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
Penguin is listing Flat Pack as "discontinued." That's odd.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26923

It's happened again.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4077 Posts

Profile of videoman
I know it can be confusing. It says out of stock and then in most cases just ignore what it says about being discontinued. That seems to be a stock notice Penguin puts up whenever a product is out of stock.
Of course many products have been discontinued, mostly older ones, but it will still say that regardless.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL