The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Mark Newsome has just done an independent review of Flat Pack on YouTube you can see it here:

https://youtu.be/rl2Z-FScNhQ
Arielhamui
View Profile
New user
Buenos Aires, Argentina
10 Posts

Profile of Arielhamui
Someone want to create a group to discuss ideas or something in facebook?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, Arielhamui wrote:
Someone want to create a group to discuss ideas or something in facebook?

I’ll be discussing this on the Murphys live stream tonight and we’ll have something set up by the end of the week
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Another review just in

https://youtu.be/wHvJjMA6Hd8
Rooster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Really, really good product! As Jason has mentioned check out my review above.
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, Rooster wrote:

Rooster - You're on it man! Great to see reviews on new products coming out so quickly! Gonna keep a close eye on your channel Smile
Rooster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, Rooster wrote:

Rooster - You're on it man! Great to see reviews on new products coming out so quickly! Gonna keep a close eye on your channel Smile

Try my best fella 😊 And thanks for the support!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3657 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Great review, Rooster! Thank you. ALso, nice hat. Reminds me of Jimi Hendrix. I am looking forward to your future reviews.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Received it a couple days ago. Played around with it a bit. Not exactly what I imagined it would be. It's Better. It looks amazing. This will floor any spectator. Looks very magical pulling a deck of cards from a previously folded up card box...Wow! I like it alot. It will require practice as does any good trick but it is definitely doable especially close up. Not a lot of practice needed...maybe a few days to a week. It is very easy if you perform seated at a table or standing behind a counter as I do. It will wear overtime as does any card or playing card box but the download teaches you how to repair. Someone mentioned here a concern with cards falling....no need to worry about that happening. I think it is well made and have no concerns of it getting damaged if handled the way it is intended.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Great review, Rooster! Thank you. ALso, nice hat. Reminds me of Jimi Hendrix. I am looking forward to your future reviews.

Michael

Thanks very much Smile Interesting you mention Jimi in regards to that hat, it does have a musical history! It actually belonged to an old tour manager of Led Zepplin and was given to me by Jimmy Page’s ex wife at a charity event 🤣🤣 Not quite Hendrix but i’ll take it 😎😎
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
879 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I'm going live with Jason Knowles to talk all things FLAT PACK! https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSup......07242243

Get your questions ready, hope to see some of your there
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
879 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Just got the replay for this up on YouTube. Check out the interview with Jason Knowles below..

Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I only scanned through the facebook Q&A video. Was it performed live at any point or did they just show video clips?
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
There is a live performance.
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
I'm sorry....it is video clips. I didn't see a live performance with spectators.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Magikgym wrote:
I'm sorry....it is video clips. I didn't see a live performance with spectators.

Going to the trouble of doing a live facebook video on the trick and then not actually performing it live is strange. I had a feeling the load of the deck might be a little angly and unreliable in the real world, and the choice not to do it live seems to support that idea.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Magikgym wrote:

Going to the trouble of doing a live facebook video on the trick and then not actually performing it live is strange. I had a feeling the load of the deck might be a little angly and unreliable in the real world, and the choice not to do it live seems to support that idea.

Simultaneously not understanding the marketing value of Facebook and also demonstrating why people guessing at something they do not own (or have not even seen in person) is ill advised. But hey, that's the world we live in, people pretending to know right? Go check out the Instagram page if you are actually curious about angles, as there are more than enough videos for anyone who actually wants to make an educated assessment.

As someone who ACTUALLY owns this, there are less angle issues than I was expecting. I did actually expect more that what we got (I actually expected 2 pieces to the gimmick, with a magnetic locking component) but it is perfectly serviceable. The Facebook group is a huge value.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
553 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Lemniscate wrote:
Simultaneously not understanding the marketing value of Facebook and also demonstrating why people guessing at something they do not own (or have not even seen in person) is ill advised. But hey, that's the world we live in, people pretending to know right? Go check out the Instagram page if you are actually curious about angles, as there are more than enough videos for anyone who actually wants to make an educated assessment.
As someone who ACTUALLY owns this, there are less angle issues than I was expecting. I did actually expect more that what we got (I actually expected 2 pieces to the gimmick, with a magnetic locking component) but it is perfectly serviceable. The Facebook group is a huge value.

Hey Lemniscate, why the hate? No need to talk in that denigrating way. He says it's strange for him there was no live performance. Which is a valid point, I would expect that too. Then he says it MIGHT be a litlle angly, and that this choice SEEMS to support that idea.
That's not ill advised guessing, that's logical thinking and carefully formulating a possibility. Could he be wrong? Sure! But can he think out loud on a forum? Sure!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Lemniscate wrote:

Simultaneously not understanding the marketing value of Facebook and also demonstrating why people guessing at something they do not own (or have not even seen in person) is ill advised. But hey, that's the world we live in, people pretending to know right?.

The "marketing value" of doing a live event and only showing pre-recorded video clips of the trick in action? Such cunning "marketing" is just too clever for me, I guess.

Given that this was advertised with a version of the effect that can only be done for camera (the gif in the email from murphys) you would think they'd want to show how practical it is in real life. Instead I walked away from it thinking they didn't have the faith in the product to perform it live. But according to Lemniscate's marketing degree, that's actually a good thing.
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
109 Posts

Profile of magicant
Just published a MagicWorld Review Flat Pack... You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTQj2QSEcw
Please sub if you like our reviews! Smile

All the best
Anthony
www.magicworld.co.uk
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL