The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » *NEW* Quiver Product - The Coin Holder (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kelvinkind
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of kelvinkind
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, BritishMagic wrote:
So my initial concern has come to life in playing with this.
I have only held 2 coins in the band for a couple days; and now, it will not hold a single coin, which to me is a problem.

@kelvinkind - is this something that happened during your testing too? Or is this an issue with mine?

Hi there,

We actually did test for that. If you look at the position of the rubberband, it is slightly below center on the leather patch. This way, the rubber band would be tighter on bottom, and should provide enough fiction to hold one coin.

I just tested the one I have been using, and it seems to hold.

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your holder. Can you kindly pm me a photo? I will try my best to sort this out for you.

Best,
Kelvin
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Quote:
On May 19, 2019, kelvinkind wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, BritishMagic wrote:
So my initial concern has come to life in playing with this.
I have only held 2 coins in the band for a couple days; and now, it will not hold a single coin, which to me is a problem.

@kelvinkind - is this something that happened during your testing too? Or is this an issue with mine?

Hi there,

We actually did test for that. If you look at the position of the rubberband, it is slightly below center on the leather patch. This way, the rubber band would be tighter on bottom, and should provide enough fiction to hold one coin.

I just tested the one I have been using, and it seems to hold.

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your holder. Can you kindly pm me a photo? I will try my best to sort this out for you.

Best,
Kelvin

In the open position, with the 'tail' in the get ready position (to grab the coin as you show in the video) the band is off center towards the top, not bottom. I have sent you a PM. Thanks for the help.
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of stevie c
I went for this as I had been looking for something to keep my four Kennedy halves in, and I have been delighted with the quality of KC's quiver+ wallet. I was initially pleased with this coin holder too, but after a couple of weeks, the stitches are pulling out where the elastic strap meets the leather case. The strap just seems a bit too tight over the coins unfortunately. So all in all, I'm pretty disappointed.

Cheers everyone

Steve
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have 3 of these (Black Grey and Burgandy) I am happy with all of them but... I am ONLY holding magnetic coin sets in each. I do understand the issues of the band wearing in time but really, I consider that a secondary feature as the magnets and the small magnetic strap should keep a small set of up to maybe 4 coins safe.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I have 3 of these (Black Grey and Burgandy) I am happy with all of them but... I am ONLY holding magnetic coin sets in each. I do understand the issues of the band wearing in time but really, I consider that a secondary feature as the magnets and the small magnetic strap should keep a small set of up to maybe 4 coins safe.

Yep I hear you PD, and with a set of magnetic coins you're absolutely right. With a pretty expensive set of non-magnetic halves the strap is definitely needed or the coins don't need much encouragement to slip out sideways. The advertising bumph says:-

"..Holds a stack of 4 American Half Dollars comfortably.."

With that in mind I'll contact the seller and see if they will refund.

BW
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2020, stevie c wrote:
I went for this as I had been looking for something to keep my four Kennedy halves in, and I have been delighted with the quality of KC's quiver+ wallet. I was initially pleased with this coin holder too, but after a couple of weeks, the stitches are pulling out where the elastic strap meets the leather case. The strap just seems a bit too tight over the coins unfortunately. So all in all, I'm pretty disappointed.

Cheers everyone

Steve

An update to this, is that KC contacted me directly (presumably after seeing my post), and kindly offered to personally deal with this issue. I can say that he is very true to his word and the replacement product appears to work just great Smile

Thanks KC for your help with this.

I really like your line of products.

BW

Steve
kelvinkind
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of kelvinkind
Thank you Stevie!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It has been two years now. Anymore updates? They are out of stock everywhere I look. Anyone knows where I can find a new one? If not, which coin holder is similar?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, Dynamike wrote:
It has been two years now. Anymore updates? They are out of stock everywhere I look. Anyone knows where I can find a new one? If not, which coin holder is similar?

Same place the first post of the thread.
https://ellusionist.com/products/quiver-coin-holder

$19.95 Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Looks like it's in stock to me. https://ellusionist.com/products/quiver-coin-holder

Edit: whoops, too slow. Not sure how I missed the extra reply.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » *NEW* Quiver Product - The Coin Holder (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL