The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cure for drug addiction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Better living through electrodes...
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Find a cure for gambling addiction.

It affects an addicts friends and family.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Wow, as if this didn't have "The Terminal Man" written all over it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072267/?re......=nv_sr_1
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2475 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Ed, that movie was kind of cool I guess. I saw it when it first came out. I enjoyed it. Hell of a cast... Did you ever read the book? It is a great book. Of course, look who wrote it.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19629 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It was an interesting book but it suffered from a lot of what his work does I'm my view. He is HORRIBLE at endings! Fantastic build but wow do some of his endings lack. Congo is the prime example. Such a great build to apes with paddles? Like an ape would need a paddle to kill?

Often it seems like he is in a hurry just to get it out and rushes it.

Sorry to rant lol.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1058 Posts

Profile of imgic
I’m starting a project next week dealing with Electro Shock Therapy. I’ll see if the docs there have anything to say...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
It was not long ago that the Docs would drill a hole in the skull and poke into it a knitting needle to kill the part of the brain that they thought was causing the problem. They have progressed from knitting needles to using lasers and drugs but they only know as much about the brain as they did back in their knitting needle days.

The essential problem is that one can only understand that less complex than oneself.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Ed, that movie was kind of cool I guess. I saw it when it first came out. I enjoyed it. Hell of a cast... Did you ever read the book? It is a great book. Of course, look who wrote it.

Yes I did. The weird thing in the movie was George Segal. I mean, he's known as a comedic, slightly bumbling, actor, here he is playing a victim/monster!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
I have always been a fan of GS, with King Rat, California Split, The Hot Rock and that German Spy movie springing to mind. He has played so many parts but I don’t think I have seen the one you mention.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
The only movie of your list I saw was The Hot Rock. I did like him in Rollercoaster and The Black Bird. He was about the only thing worth seeing in The Black Bird.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
King Rat is a classic prisoner of war movie. He also played a drug addict in a movie which I cannot recall the name of but it was a good movie about the subject. I like movies that make you think.

PS
Born to Win (1971)

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cure for drug addiction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL