The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Children based bizarre magic (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Does anyone know of any bizarre themed effects based upon children other than the following:

The Knowing Game
Witch Hazel
ASH
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

Profile of scottishpiper51
VVitch?

Also, these from Pentalogy:

The Child's Game with Secret Rules
Amanda's Great Magic Trick
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Willie,

Fallen Angels by Paul Prater is one I really like
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Yep, I have a full show based on a child psychologist, with several strange effects. The storyline is here, but in French. http://logs.surnateum.com/materiel-de-pedopsychiatrie/
And I have publshed some in Hauntiques in English.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Little box of spirits by Alchemy Moon.
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
How about Dan Baines’ Krampusnacht and its expansion pack?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
If you can lay your hands on one of Outlaw Effects Lillian's Jewelry box, it is a very powerfully gimmicked little girls jewelry box that will throw objects off of it.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, Sean Xem wrote:
Willie,

Fallen Angels by Paul Prater is one I really like

I will look this one up. Thanks.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, Wizard of Oz wrote:
If you can lay your hands on one of Outlaw Effects Lillian's Jewelry box, it is a very powerfully gimmicked little girls jewelry box that will throw objects off of it.

That's a great suggestion. I have just posted a WTB in the effects for sale or trade section.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, scottishpiper51 wrote:
VVitch?

Also, these from Pentalogy:

The Child's Game with Secret Rules
Amanda's Great Magic Trick

I'll check out the pentalogy. Thanks
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Well, its a seance thing but you can twist it to a more bizarre angle with the existing script. It is called Cassandra Potter on page 39 of The Bigger Book of BOO! Naturally available from Lulu: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/teb3

Also I'm adding a few new twists in it for a lecture at the PEA MOTM in New Orleans in June.

Lary
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Peculiar Block, one of my color vision cubes from Gemini.
Marc
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
The Alphabet Deck, also from Gemini Artifacts.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I have always planned to adapt The Mojo Bag (from John Riggs Psychic Epiphanies 3(?)) into a collection of bottle caps, cards and other objects a young boy might collect and stuff into an old cigar box.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
All children's magic is bizarre.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I've done a wizard act within school. Pretty much an effect where things move or change work well. What age group are you looking at? I work with 3-5 year olds as a teacher where it has to be the most visual. The wizards spell book my homemade colouring book goes down well. For older I've done more spirit magic. OOTW style routines can be adapted but needs an older age range to keep attention. Haunted key, pendulum bottle. Combining spirit bells with a wand so the child can ring the bell entertains no end but always feels a bit naff. But ultimately they still want a balloon dog.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On May 18, 2019, Joshua J wrote:
I've done a wizard act within school. Pretty much an effect where things move or change work well. What age group are you looking at? I work with 3-5 year olds as a teacher where it has to be the most visual. The wizards spell book my homemade colouring book goes down well. For older I've done more spirit magic. OOTW style routines can be adapted but needs an older age range to keep attention. Haunted key, pendulum bottle. Combining spirit bells with a wand so the child can ring the bell entertains no end but always feels a bit naff. But ultimately they still want a balloon dog.

Actually, I was referring to bizarre magic that was about children such as ASH the 8 year old schizophrenic, Witch Hazel the dust bowl era, Dominus Vox the child speaks from the dead, etc.

Thanks for your input, though. I can see where it might be possible to take child entertaining magic and convert it to what I want. Hadn't thought about that.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Should have read properly. I've used a children's music box for seance theatre. The clunky tune playing in the dark very unsettling. Also vaguely remember some PK blocks made like kids toddlers ABC blocks. Can't remember if they were officially released or just someone's personal project.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I wasn't looking at entertaining children
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Children based bizarre magic (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL