The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Runic by Jimmy strange (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Runic - 'The Haunted Pen' looks good and promising.

For Those Interested

In the year 2008 - 2009, Rich Hennessey (nick at the Café - 'RicHeka') created a TK Pen known as 'Fail Safe TK Pen'. The pen was made using a Bic Pen. Later it was also made using a Sharpie.

The Fail Safe TK Pen had some very typical and interesting characteristics. The pen could do three consecutive actions viz - Tip, Roll & Fall in the direction the performer so desired.

You might like to read about the Fail Safe TK Pen here (and a few more threads on the same subject) - https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109
(The website mentioned in the thread is no longer active. However one might like to checkout the YouTube videos)

IMO, the Fail Safe TK Pen remains one of the finest TK effects based on a simple pen that could also write.

Back on topic please.

Smile
P.S. Rich Hennessey passed away in Nov 2015.

Great Ustaad I did not know who. was the mind behind this trick.
well done
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Runic - 'The Haunted Pen' looks good and promising.

For Those Interested

In the year 2008 - 2009, Rich Hennessey (nick at the Café - 'RicHeka') created a TK Pen known as 'Fail Safe TK Pen'. The pen was made using a Bic Pen. Later it was also made using a Sharpie.

The Fail Safe TK Pen had some very typical and interesting characteristics. The pen could do three consecutive actions viz - Tip, Roll & Fall in the direction the performer so desired.

You might like to read about the Fail Safe TK Pen here (and a few more threads on the same subject) - https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109
(The website mentioned in the thread is no longer active. However one might like to checkout the YouTube videos)

IMO, the Fail Safe TK Pen remains one of the finest TK effects based on a simple pen that could also write.

Back on topic please.

Smile
P.S. Rich Hennessey passed away in Nov 2015.

Thanks Ustaad this is solid information. I have Banachek's PK Pen but it does not write. I would prefer this "Fail Safe TK pen" than the sharpie, because pens are much more organic than sharpies
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
Runic sold out in 24 hours but will be getting more back in stock.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Couldn't find anywhere that "Fail Safe TK pen" for sale... The fact that its creator is dead doesn't help.
Jimmy I hope you will produce an ordinary pen version of Runic. Pens are much more organic, in real life situations people don't carry sharpies
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I wish people will read the full comments. Rich died a few years back, so they are no longer available. Beware of rip offs, whixh I'm sure are around.
I've asked to be banned
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hi Jimmy, what happens when the ink runs out, would I have to purchase a new pen?

Kieran
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, magicman29 wrote:
Hi Jimmy, what happens when the ink runs out, would I have to purchase a new pen?

Kieran

Hi Kieran,
I teach in the tutorial how to refill the ink its very easy, so no you don't have to buy a new one 😉
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Interesting effect. I like the turning of the marker
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Is it self contained or I need something external to activate the turning?
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Any reviews?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, Strange Jimmy wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, magicman29 wrote:

I teach in the tutorial how to refill the ink its very easy, so no you don't have to buy a new one 😉

That is a very interesting feature. On my purchase list.

I have a question please. Besides the roll, can the pen be made to tip-over and fall? I know if it was so, it would be on the demo vid . . . but still asking. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It looks like it has been discontinued. Is it sold anywhere?
KJ
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, 1KJ wrote:
KJ

It has sold out, but their are a few left at magicshop.co.uk

I will also be restocking the main dealer very soon.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
Is it sold anywhere?
KJ

Plenty in stock here:
https://www.magicshop.co.uk/runic-by-jimmy-strange-trick

If you’re in the UK, visit the Merchant of Magic Bricks and Mortar Mon - Sat and see Jimmy demonstrating it live.

Hope this helps
Dominic
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
In your video there where you wave your hands over it to make it move - is that absolutely neccesary, or can you do this with your hands nowhere near the pen?

I have a use for this in my card act, but I don't do mentalism style mysterious 'waves' over things, so just wondering if I can set this up to move without requiring any of that type of presentation...
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
Quote:
On May 12, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
In your video there where you wave your hands over it to make it move - is that absolutely neccesary, or can you do this with your hands nowhere near the pen?

I have a use for this in my card act, but I don't do mentalism style mysterious 'waves' over things, so just wondering if I can set this up to move without requiring any of that type of presentation...

In the trailer you can see me at a table not making any moves with my hands.
So yes it's possible not to wave your hands over the sharpie.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Thanks and apologies, I hadn't seen the trailer!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
KJ

It says In Stock at good ol' Penguin.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26945?action=wishlist
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Runic by Jimmy strange (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL