The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Perfect timing (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jason ladanye
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jason ladanye
New blog is up! Find out more about the perfect time to do anything.

https://www.cardmagicbyjason.com/perfect-timing/
Melephin
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Melephin
Thanks! The kick in the butt I needed Smile Nice blog!
Deckstacker
View Profile
New user
Cherry Valley, CA
60 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
I agree 101% that paralyzing perfectionism is the assassin of achievement. (Now watch somebody post a reply criticizing my math skills as imperfect!) As a way to ease myself into actually performing a trick instead of daydreaming/procrastinating over it, I sometimes cultivate a presentational "persona" as being mostly clueless about how and why a baffling effect works. A simple puzzled facial expression accompanied by a comment along the lines of "Wow! How in the world did THAT happen" with an occasional "Oops!" at the ready if a mistake happens is my version of whistling a happy tune to convince myself that I'm not afraid. Bottom line: Read Jason's blog with a positive mental attitude and I'm pretty sure you'll find something there that resonates.
Tortuga
View Profile
Regular user
Ballwin, MO
171 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Good message. Brings to mind the old axe that if you wait until the right time to have children you won't ever have any. Some people tend to be their own worst critics. They see though the eyes of a magician. It really is hard to stop. I've tried to watch magic and just enjoy it, but I've lost the layman's perspective. So maybe that is you too. Don't over-analyze yourself to death and assume that because you can see something or you think there is a "tell" on a move that the audience will see it the same way. Don't rush headlong into performing before you are capable, but don't polish until the finish is worn off either.
jason ladanye
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jason ladanye
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, Melephin wrote:
Thanks! The kick in the butt I needed Smile Nice blog!

You bet. Here's another kick in the butt: https://www.cardmagicbyjason.com/making-the-jump/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Perfect timing (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL